holy gift / 10k days

The Main Event
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

hi fourtheye forum, i was a lurker til now but i've found a re-arranged version of this album on youtube, and i felt it's worth mentioning

for me, personally, 10kdays was not a pleasent experience as an album, it just doesnt really felt right, always getting a feeling its incomplete or something, but this holy gift-esque rearrangement, (in my listening experience), gives me those good old goosebumps i've always felt when i listened to the previous albums from start to finish

if a topic like this already exists, or its already late news for you sorry bout that 

thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

i was really feeling the segue of rosetta stoned into jambi. but, kind of the like the lateralus one, i dont really like the splitting up of the wings songs (i think on the lateralus D/R/T is split right? i love those songs together) maybe the person who put this together didnt quite understand the meaning of right in two (just imo).  pretty cool though, def like it starting out w rosetta stoned, bc imo vicarious is the weak link on this album and its kind of buried on this version.
Davvda

Post by Davvda »

I've always read about the Wings for Maire pt.1 and Viginti Tres + 10k Days (Wings pt. 2) but never tried it so I combined that one with this tracklist and listened in this order:

Lost Keys + Lipan Conjuring (Slowed down to match the length of Lost Keys)

Rosetta Stoned

Jambi

Intension

The Pot

Wings pt.1 + Viginti Tres + 10k Days (Wings pt.2)

Right in Two

Vicarious

It was pretty good, I must say. Not something I'd listen to more than the original order but still.
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

yeah i agree with the wings / d/t/r issue, its pretty drastic, yet its working somehow

but the really, really interesting stuff with this whole re-arranging thing is that not just the album experience changed for me, the amazing thing is that the individual tracks are somehow changed also, i mean, they are literally changed for me, its like the many different element of this huge supper suddenly taste nice when they are served in the proper order

when i bought the cd on the day it was avaliable in hungary, i went home and put the cd in the hifi, and nothing happened, it was too heavy for my stomach, even now it just doesnt feel right

but when i tried this version, suddenly that moment happened that should have been happened that night in 2006

or maybe its just the blotter?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

blotter

it's the blotter
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
rimb

Post by rimb »

I remember reading an interview with one of the band members after one of those playback sessions they had for journalists etc. in 2006 and them saying that they'd decided to change the order right at the last minute and that some of the playback sessions had been with the original ordering.

Of course it would have been difficult for listeners at those sessions to remember the order as the only song they might have been familiar with was Vicarious.

Wasn't there a journalist/blogger that broke the embargo date and provided a detailed description of all the tracks from one of the playback sessions?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

rimb said 
Wasn't there a journalist/blogger that broke the embargo date and provided a detailed description of all the tracks from one of the playback sessions?

There sure was: http://www.fourtheye.net/reviews/10000- ... ng-review/
rimb

Post by rimb »

hellboy1975 said

rimb said 

There sure was: http://www.fourtheye.net/reviews/10000- ... ng-review/

That's exactly what I was thinking of.  Was hoping it might have been a different order though!