Aenima CD's "Spurious catalog insert"/jam cd Discussion

The Main Event
iloveposters
Geacon

Re: Aenima CD's "Spurious catalog insert"/jam cd Discussion

Post by iloveposters »

The Boss wrote:
iloveposters wrote:
Whatever happened to the secret message in the 10k Days booklet? Anyone?
The fact that you have to ask should indicate that that was a load of shit, too.
I was mentioning it in the way of saying, 'Yeah and for all those who think Problem 8 exists, what about that bullshit about the 10k days hidden secret?". I mean, the lists goes on and on of secrets and ribs on the die hards.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

iloveposters wrote:
The Boss wrote:
iloveposters wrote:
Whatever happened to the secret message in the 10k Days booklet? Anyone?
The fact that you have to ask should indicate that that was a load of shit, too.
I was mentioning it in the way of saying, 'Yeah and for all those who think Problem 8 exists, what about that bullshit about the 10k days hidden secret?". I mean, the lists goes on and on of secrets and ribs on the die hards.
Oh, right on. Sorry, I'm a little distracted.

I got the sense a while ago that TOOL are all style and no substance in that regard. For all these nudges, winks, secrets, and other crap that are purported to exist, there is very little in the way of tangible results.

If you didn't know better, you'd think that the band builds a mystique just to seem unique and grow a cult fanbase. Almost like it's a well-considered business model.

But that's just cynical, right?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
fulcanelli
Bronco's Fan

Post by fulcanelli »

I woud wager that both Problem 8 and the secret hidden in the 10,000 Days booklet are true. It would be pretty ridiculous if they were fake after mentioning them for years on end. Saying that, I would also wager that the hidden meaning in the booklet will be a huge letdown to most fans. It probably has something to do with Crowley. Problem 8 would be nice and I just can't figure out why it would take so long to release it. I don't know... maybe it's all bullshit. I'm confused. If it's a joke then I fail to see the humour.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The band photos represent the four pillars, boom solved

http://adelaide.gnosticsociety.org.au/t ... gnosis.php

The Gnostic teachings are based on four pillars of study: Science, Art, Philosophy and Religion.

Adams picture - Gnosis and Science

The methodology of Gnostic science is the experience or objective knowledge of things. Its object of study is the human being and the universe - all that exists - utilising scientific meditation and conscious investigation.

Gnosis studies things in and of themselves beyond their tri-dimensional aspect.

Maynard's picture - Gnosis and Art

Gnosis has been always present in all the great works of universal literature, in the works of the masters of music, painting, sculpture and architecture.

There are two types of art; subjective art and the Regal Art of Nature - a transcendental art that contains precious cosmic truths.

Without art as testimony, the philosophy, science and mysticism of our ancestors wouldn’t have been able to reach us. Gnosis unveils the symbolism with which they are covered, revealing the cosmic truths.

Justin's picture - Gnosis and Philosophy

Philosophy is the love of wisdom. Its method is introspection, which leads us towards direct knowledge and experience of the Truth.

Philosophy should respond to the great questions of existence: Who am I? Where do I come from? Where am I going?

Gnosis is the intelligent principle that, in a philosophical form, answers these eternal questions; the mysteries of life and death.

Danny's picture - Gnosis and Mysticism

A clear distinction should be made between religious forms and religious principles. Religious principles are living cosmic formulas, and religious forms are the diverse systems or ways of teaching these principles.

Gnosis is that cosmic eternal principle dressed with the religious forms of each race, civilization or culture, pertaining to the era of its time.

The word religion comes from ‘religare’, which means ‘to unite with Divinity’. Religion serves to unite man with his interior Divinity.

If we do not discover God within us, we cannot find Him anywhere else. This is Self-Gnosis, the knowledge of oneself, which is the knowledge of God.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I thought it was just them surrounded by stuff they like
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:The band photos represent the four pillars, boom solved

http://adelaide.gnosticsociety.org.au/t ... gnosis.php

The Gnostic teachings are based on four pillars of study: Science, Art, Philosophy and Religion.

Adams picture - Gnosis and Science

The methodology of Gnostic science is the experience or objective knowledge of things. Its object of study is the human being and the universe - all that exists - utilising scientific meditation and conscious investigation.

Gnosis studies things in and of themselves beyond their tri-dimensional aspect.

Maynard's picture - Gnosis and Art

Gnosis has been always present in all the great works of universal literature, in the works of the masters of music, painting, sculpture and architecture.

There are two types of art; subjective art and the Regal Art of Nature - a transcendental art that contains precious cosmic truths.

Without art as testimony, the philosophy, science and mysticism of our ancestors wouldn’t have been able to reach us. Gnosis unveils the symbolism with which they are covered, revealing the cosmic truths.

Justin's picture - Gnosis and Philosophy

Philosophy is the love of wisdom. Its method is introspection, which leads us towards direct knowledge and experience of the Truth.

Philosophy should respond to the great questions of existence: Who am I? Where do I come from? Where am I going?

Gnosis is the intelligent principle that, in a philosophical form, answers these eternal questions; the mysteries of life and death.

Danny's picture - Gnosis and Mysticism

A clear distinction should be made between religious forms and religious principles. Religious principles are living cosmic formulas, and religious forms are the diverse systems or ways of teaching these principles.

Gnosis is that cosmic eternal principle dressed with the religious forms of each race, civilization or culture, pertaining to the era of its time.

The word religion comes from ‘religare’, which means ‘to unite with Divinity’. Religion serves to unite man with his interior Divinity.

If we do not discover God within us, we cannot find Him anywhere else. This is Self-Gnosis, the knowledge of oneself, which is the knowledge of God.
That's hardly a puzzle.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

As above, so below....changed to "as above so beyond me" in Lateralus. Tool, you Satanic freaks!

[thumbnail]http://adelaide.gnosticsociety.org.au/i ... e341-f.jpg[/thumbnail]

Star of David...Jews

John 8:44
"Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.…

[thumbnail]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/i ... 4641c4.jpg[/thumbnail]

ZOMG! :shock: :lol:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

It's all smoke and mirrors. I'm sure tool has unreleased material. But it's not currently released and hidden. It is on a shelf somewhere in the loft
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

As above, so below....changed to "as above so beyond me" in Lateralus. Tool, you Satanic freaks!
"As below so above and beyond" (c)
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Froudie
Bronco's Fan

Post by Froudie »

Blair's still dropping hints... from July's newsletter...

"You’ll please forgive me, but at this point I’ll need to pick up the pace a bit, as my memory of the events is fading. Perhaps the quieter I become, the more you will hear? Again, certain details are now a blank, but with whatever someone wanted from the various boxes and containers now removed, we re-loaded the U-Haul truck and were given directions to a self-storage unit where they were to be kept… Come to think of it… it was after a taking a few bites from the cookie… raisin, I think it was… that I really didn’t care any longer about what was in the containers that JOE and I had been loading and unloading all day under the broiling sun for $10.00 an hour. Maybe it was the concert footage for some future DVD, or maybe it was the master of “Problem 8”, or maybe it was the so-called ‘curve ball’ that the band had put so much effort into not that long ago, or maybe it was just a drill (a trial run for the real thing), or maybe Tool’s management was simply cleaning house. Who knows? "
Hotdogma
Maynard Believer

Post by Hotdogma »

Some more conspiracy from the latest newsletter
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

http://207.7.138.58/images/news/RanceQS ... terWEB.jpg How about the reference to Bethlehem Abortion Clinic and Problem 8 in this pic included with the Halloween newsletter...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ha, I hadn't noticed that. Nice catch.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

A band constantly trying to be clever.

Meh.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Honestly I can deal with the way Tool are as a band... At least it's not all about their different masks each album.. And that shitty band has a number 1 album. Cue the shaking of the head.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Edit: see below
Last edited by Ettan on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Funny..... someone fkn enhance the last line in the pic.... I like it because is BMB just being an arse and fking with everyone or does it have some meaning... Either way who cares it is fun nonetheless...
Be good to each other.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

here we go..

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

^^ woulda been soooo much better with the super troopers "enhancing" scene haha.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

What exactly did that solve? The newsletter? Yes, but Problem 8? Not really..
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I didn't get too much out of that video either, although it says 'part 1' so I assume there is more. Finally got what the last line on the box says (old eyes and blurry pics are no good) - "Problem 8 final mix on 7in"...
Be good to each other.
fulcanelli
Bronco's Fan

Post by fulcanelli »

PimPle wrote:... "Problem 8 final mix on 7in"...
I wonder if that is a hint on where the song was originally released. Maybe the track was interlaced like Opiate and The Gaping Lotus Experience? Just grasping at straws but does anyone know which 7" singles were released by Tool?

I don't know, perhaps all we need is the correct eigenvector to feed into the bitmap algorithm and all will be clear.
rimb
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rimb »

Tool have never actually released a 7" single, promo or otherwise.