10K album art

The Main Event
walter
Bronco's Fan

Post by walter »

hey guys,

i remember thinking long and hard about this and doing a bunch of online research, but came up with nothing.

was there any conclusion, hints or possible leads for the supposed hidden message in the 10K album art?  

peace
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

The answer was 23.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

He's lying! It's actually 43.

Don't mow your lawn
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

42, and be sure you bring your towel along!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

James said

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

walter said
hey guys,

i remember thinking long and hard about this and doing a bunch of online research, but came up with nothing.

was there any conclusion, hints or possible leads for the supposed hidden message in the 10K album art?  

peace

I believe the "answer" was that you shouldn't waste your life staring at album artwork just because the band tells you to.

Really threw that whole "Think For Yourself" thing out the window, didn't it.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

"long"

"hard"

heh heh

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

"...doing..."
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

"came up . . ."

Oh yeah, baby . . .
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

There are still people who look at the 10K Days artwork for "clues"?
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop said

They're probably the same people who scour the Bible for the date of the Apocalypse.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said

heh heh

"...fuck people in the arse..."
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

cheese said

markuspoop said

heh heh

"...fuck people in the arse..."

heh heh.

"people". Sort of rhymes with "pee-hole".

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

and meat pole

and skeet hole

James
Fanboi

Post by James »

UndKeineEier said

James said

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Glad someone got the reference.

In all seriousness, though, I think there are too many cynics here to really discuss this in depth as it gets shot down pretty quickly. I read a really long thread on [another public Tool forum] a long time ago that had some interesting points incorporating the band members' portraits and linking symbols in them to various Tarot figures, etc. It went way over my head, but it was certainly an interesting read.

At this point I really don't know that there's any significance to the artwork, I think BMB might've just been giving the fans something to chew on until the new album comes out. If they were helping in any way that might encourage people more but communication with the fanbase isn't exactly their strong point.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

There's some interesting symbolism in the artwork, I'll give you that.

The reason why these types of discussions get "shot down" so quickly is because they've been discussed ad nauseum all over the internet.

And they're usually really dumb to begin with.

Just, like, listen to the music, man.
walter
Bronco's Fan

Post by walter »

dudes, relax.  i'm not sitting here frothing at the mouth and begging the gods to grant me understanding of the almighty tool.  i was just curious, because i suddenly remembered it after years of not thinking about it.  but i can see that while some of you have read a hitchhiker's guide, you don't know the answer.  no big deal. 

personally, i find this shit really interesting.  clearly, many of the "secrets" people dig up are just silly.  the band did not intend to hide something, it just appeared that way to overzealous fans.  but we all know there IS a bunch of shit they did on purpose - for fun, to fuck with fans, or maybe with some other intention.  digging a little deeper into some of those things has made me appreciate the music more by placing it in a context i did not have before the digging.  some of it has been very useful in my daily life too.  i'm grateful for that. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I think it's fun to try and figure out these mysteries, though this one doesn't really interest me.  It's just important to not to take these "mysteries" too seriously as it's very possible that it's just bullshit.

Just like conspiracy theories.

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

It's not a conspiracy if it's true.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

crow011 said
It's not a conspiracy if it's true.

Uh... yes it is. 

It's not a theory if it's true.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

That's what I meant. Stupid cold morning.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

I am fairly new as a Tool fan(been livin under rock),and I have not read the ad nauseum discussions that Crow speaks of,but I can imagine how some silly interpretations of the alledged puzzle would get annoying.I just look at it as really cool 3D artwork,worthy of a bit of study to fully appreciate.I think mention of a puzzle may have been made by Blair to get fans to delve a bit deeper,knowing full well that without insider info,it would not be solved(if it even exists).It worked on me,I delved,and am glad I did,there is a lot of cool shit going on in those pics.It definately appears to me that each band member is posing in a 3D Tarot card.Is there meaning in those four cards?Might be something personal to them,but not likely something I will ever figure out.I don't know how to read Tarot cards,so that's as far as I will take it,and have thoroughly enjoyed analyzing those pics while listening to the album.So that's my half assed attempt at solving the alledged puzzle.Now I will move onto the next puzzle..to be released April 9th 2013.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

I am not knowledgeable about Tarot, though it is something I would like to look into. I know of a few of the more commonly referenced pieces, and of course The Hermit because of Led Zeppelin IV. But if you believe each member to be within their own card, which ones would you assign each of them to?

Personally I'd like to know more about the objects within the portraits. Maynard's has a wine decanter and glasses, obviously, and I'm fairly certain Adam's has the skull of a dog in reference to his deceased great dane. Danny's has a sculpture that's also on his website, the 'Struggle' sculpture from Stanislav Szukalski, and I'd like to know its significance.

I went and found that forum thread I had mentioned, and I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link here. If not, please let me know and I will remove it. I figure since most of us have at least heard of TDN, it wouldn't hurt to link it. Eyepod, it may help with your theory about the Tarot cards. As I said, it went way over my head when I read it, though it also inspired me to learn more and I'm slowly working through that!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Stuff like this always reminds me of the South Park episode "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs," especially the end.......

News Anchor:  Our nation is still reeling from the tragic deaths of the Kardashians. The shooter claims he was driven to commit the slaughter immediately after reading The Poop That Took A Pee by Leopold "Butters" Stotch. It's all over. The Kardiashians.....wiped out. In the blink of an eye. All because one little PRICK... had to go and write a book.  Leopold Stotch... I HOPE THEY BURY YOU! ...YOU EVIL FUCK!

Cartman:  Dude, people are pissed off at you, Butters.

Butters:  I know.

Stan:  They're saying they're gonna ban both your books now, completely. You're not making any more money!

Butters:  You think I care about that? My writing got the most beautiful woman in the world killed! I loved her! And if she died it was because of me!

Kyle:  Ah... Oh Butters, it'll be all right. Listen, we've all learned that people look for meaning in books. And sometimes, even if it isn't there, they'll try and invent their own meaning.

Stan:  Yeah, dude, eh, that's why we all need to avoid books and stick to television.
I like to poop naked.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

James,thanks for the link. scanned through it a bit..way over my head also.

I personally don't have the time to go into that level of detail,but if someone else is so inclined..power to em.

The cards appeared to me to be:

Danny: the Magician(lilies,dagger,etc)

Justin:I forget..whatever one has the bird on their arm.(duh,obviously)

Maynard:The Tower(Toasting a glass,oblivious to the destruction behind him)

Adam:Temperance(the alchemist,oxygen,chemicals,lots of bio matter around)

This is pretty much the limit of my level of knowledge of the Tarot,so take with a pound of salt.

I Lean towards skepticism of a puzzle and I think it's entirely possible they just needed an idea for those pics,so they each pulled a card from Danny's Tarot deck(which is on the table in front of him) to determine who their character would be for the pic,and that's the "puzzle"..4 tarot cards.I know that Danny,and Blair at least are very much into this type of stuff, so it is doubtful they just threw a bunch of random stuff into those pics.If someone wants to delve deeper,I will read along,but I don't have much more to add.

Funny analogy markuspoop.I missed that episode,I was reading a book at the time.