So where is the loft?

The Main Event
frikinelmo
My pain is just an excuse

So where is the loft?

Post by frikinelmo »

Just curious, going to be in LA/Hollywood in a few weeks. No stalking, but I'd kinda like to know if I happen to be driving by.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: So where is the loft?

Post by not tyson »

It's a secret to keep idiots away.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Earth
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The location of the Loft will not be published here, and will be deleted should anyone do so.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^ thank you hellboy for common sense and logic.

OP, why the hell would you even want to know? Haha. Creepo.

I heard there is a good place to get taco's across the street. Perfect place to be on the look out.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

It's actually really easy to find on google maps.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Everything is easy to find on Google Maps if you have an address. Typing in "Tool Loft" I don't imagine gets many hits...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Look, I was going to reply to this mere minutes after this thread was created earlier today, but thought it would've been considered "mean spirited".

Basically, I was going to say, "It's not easily discovered through a Google search, and it's probably because the parties involved wish to keep it quiet. So don't ask."

But, I understand idle curiosity, so I didn't say that.

But now I have.

You creepy asshole.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

It's simply the same curiosity that would compel someone to watch the Sound City documentary or take a cheesy Hollywood tour. Nothing more, nothing less. Living ~2k miles away and then finding yourself in an area where lots of music that has enriched your life was made, just thought I'd ask. I'm equally as interested in the Green Jello loft (which I think I know where it is). It has nothing to do with actually thinking I'd see a band member or some such shit. Similar to being at or near a historical site, such as a civil war battle field, and thinking "huh...pretty cool. A lot of important shit happened here."

But, I should have expected the angry troll responses as that has made this forum nearly unreadable for a few years now.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Come on, dude. You wanted to drive past in the hope that you could say, "I saw Adam! LOL". Be honest.

Why should it matter?

And comparing a place where people rehearsed songs to a place where people died is fucking weird.

Look, say what you want about this forum, but to claim that it's "unreadable" because of trolling makes your whole argument ridiculous.

Because frankly, at this point, I'd like to think that you're trolling.

What did you honestly expect the responses to be?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

The Boss wrote:Image

Come on, dude. You wanted to drive past in the hope that you could say, "I saw Adam! LOL". Be honest.

Why should it matter?

And comparing a place where people rehearsed songs to a place where people died is fucking weird.

Look, say what you want about this forum, but to claim that it's "unreadable" because of trolling makes your whole argument ridiculous.

I had no idea if it was common knowledge or not. I have zero desire of seeing the band members or anything of the sort. I just thought if I was driving by I'd like to know I drove by it. I guess that is a difficult concept to grasp.

As far as the bickering and trolling, I think it's fairly well documented on here. I love the site for the news and updates, but usually stay away from the comments or forums because it grows old quick. The same high-post count schmucks being internet tough guys.

It is my fault for expecting anything resembling civil discourse from a majority of posters. I'll certainly concede that.

As far as a battle field comparison, it may be a poor analogy, but the point still stands. It is just a spot that holds some level of history that created an impact on lives. Songs =/= deaths.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote:Look, say what you want about this forum, but to claim that it's "unreadable" because of trolling makes your whole argument ridiculous.
Been trying to wrap my brain around that "unreadable" remark. The forum is a bit quiet but it's always good for a laugh. Lots of good music recommendations and I get to beat up on Tyson on the reg. There is literally NOTHING going on with Tool at the moment and Puscifer sucks all kinds of cock so what the fuck else are we to talk about? I think just about every possible Tool topic has been discussed in depth ad nauseum. Until (Really it's IF EVER) Tool actually releases something new there is nothing to discuss. Think this Frinkel guy might be Children in disguise?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

frikinelmo wrote:
The Boss wrote:Image

Why should it matter?

I had no idea if it was common knowledge or not. I have zero desire of seeing the band members or anything of the sort. I just thought if I was driving by I'd like to know I drove by it. I guess that is a difficult concept to grasp.

As far as the bickering and trolling, I think it's fairly well documented on here. I love the site for the news and updates, but usually stay away from the comments or forums because it grows old quick. The same high-post count schmucks being internet tough guys.

It is my fault for expecting anything resembling civil discourse from a majority of posters. I'll certainly concede that.

As far as a battle field comparison, it may be a poor analogy, but the point still stands. It is just a spot that holds some level of history that created an impact on lives. Songs =/= deaths.
Passive aggressive shots will get you nowhere. If you think I'm a representation of this forum due to being a "high post count schmuck", then you haven't read this forum properly. Look into the true definition of "discourse analysis".

And your comparison is still weak - dress it up all you want. It's a fucking band, for fuck sake. Comparing the almighty "Loft" (giggle) to a cultural landmark where people FUCKING DIED is the height of idiocy.

I'm happy to never talk to you again. It seems that you've already passed judgment on both me, personally, and the forum as a whole - so I bid you a good "go fuck yourself".
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

MOG wrote:
The Boss wrote:Look, say what you want about this forum, but to claim that it's "unreadable" because of trolling makes your whole argument ridiculous.
Been trying to wrap my brain around that "unreadable" remark. The forum is a bit quiet but it's always good for a laugh. Lots of good music recommendations and I get to beat up on Tyson on the reg. There is literally NOTHING going on with Tool at the moment and Puscifer sucks all kinds of cock so what the fuck else are we to talk about? I think just about every possible Tool topic has been discussed in depth ad nauseum. Until (Really it's IF EVER) Tool actually releases something new there is nothing to discuss. Think this Frinkel guy might be Children in disguise?
I hate to say it, but children had a bit more poise.

This wankstain obviously hasn't checked out our "Album Of The Week" discussions, the various game/politics/whatever discussions.

It's oh-so very easy to ragequit when people call you out when you ask a ridiculous question.

And to start a fucking thread about it. Fuck me sideways.
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

MOG wrote:
I just mean every post seems to loop into the same tired arguments with the same tired characters. Even in good times it's nothing but crying about how the set list isn't different enough...etc. I did say "nearly unreadable." I'm still a glutton for punishment and read a good bit of this crap.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

frikinelmo wrote:
MOG wrote:
I just mean every post seems to loop into the same tired arguments with the same tired characters. Even in good times it's nothing but crying about how the set list isn't different enough...etc. I did say "nearly unreadable." I'm still a glutton for punishment and read a good bit of this crap.
Haven't had that one since the last TOOL tour.

Next.
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

The Boss wrote: Haven't had that one since the last TOOL tour.

Next.
Sorry, don't spend that much time on here. I keep an passive watch on the homepage and read the forums when there is action.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

"As far as the bickering and trolling, I think it's fairly well documented on here. I love the site for the news and updates, but usually stay away from the comments or forums because it grows old quick. The same high-post count schmucks being internet tough guys."

"Sorry, don't spend that much time on here."

Boy am I fucking confused.
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

The Boss wrote:"As far as the bickering and trolling, I think it's fairly well documented on here. I love the site for the news and updates, but usually stay away from the comments or forums because it grows old quick. The same high-post count schmucks being internet tough guys."

I'll go real slow for you. Time on a site is relative. To me, I spend more than enough time on this internet forum. I look at the homepage once a week or so. I click on the forum maybe once a month. More when the band is active. That is enough for me to get a good idea of the typical flow of posts and activities. For instance, I don't typically go back and forth with people over semantics of a post as I have better things to spend my time on.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

frikinelmo wrote:
The Boss wrote:"As far as the bickering and trolling, I think it's fairly well documented on here. I love the site for the news and updates, but usually stay away from the comments or forums because it grows old quick. The same high-post count schmucks being internet tough guys."

I'll go real slow for you. Time on a site is relative. (1)To me, I spend more than enough time on this internet forum. I look at the homepage once a week or so. (2)I click on the forum maybe once a month. More when the band is active. (3)That is enough for me to get a good idea of the typical flow of posts and activities. (4)For instance, I don't typically go back and forth with people over semantics of a post as I have better things to spend my time on.
(1) Clearly not, if you jump to such conclusions.

(2) Huh?

(3) No. No, it's not.

(4) Obviously not.

It's been fun. Goodbye.
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

The Boss wrote:
frikinelmo wrote:

I'll go real slow for you. Time on a site is relative. (1)To me, I spend more than enough time on this internet forum. I look at the homepage once a week or so. (2)I click on the forum maybe once a month. More when the band is active. (3)That is enough for me to get a good idea of the typical flow of posts and activities. (4)For instance, I don't typically go back and forth with people over semantics of a post as I have better things to spend my time on.
(1) Clearly not, if you jump to such conclusions.

(2) Huh?

(3) No. No, it's not.

(4) Obviously not.

It's been fun. Goodbye.
(1) MORE than enough time to me.
(2) Band touring, getting ready to tour...etc. I read more of this site
(3) yeah, yeah it is.
(4) 10th post...obviously so.

Goodbye
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Dude! I understand what you are saying about the negative posts and trolling. My old name was chill316 and I hardly ever posted because I was, silly to say this, afraid of what random strangers that I have never met might say to me. So quit being so sensitive and stop trying to justify your stupid question.

Come on, if you know that this place is like how you say it is then why the hell would you make a thread about trying to find the loft. I would feel for you getting clowned on, hell even I shitted on ya, but you asked one of the dumbest questions ever. I have never seen the loft but I don't think the building or place has great architecture or is anything special to look at. I live in San Diego and not once have I thought to find the loft.

When your out in LA just got to a Volto show or a show at the bake potato and get your Danny fix. Some place public so you don't seem as creepy. Instead of going to the loft and kneeling down and praising the Tool gods for all the music they have made there." The building it just has so much energy! I can feel you Adam, Justin and Danny! Just beyond the brick wall!"
frikinelmo

Post by frikinelmo »

the chill wrote:Dude! I understand what you are saying about the negative posts and trolling. My old name was chill316 and I hardly ever posted because I was, silly to say this, afraid of what random strangers that I have never met might say to me. So quit being so sensitive and stop trying to justify your stupid question.

Come on, if you know that this place is like how you say it is then why the hell would you make a thread about trying to find the loft. I would feel for you getting clowned on, hell even I shitted on ya, but you asked one of the dumbest questions ever. I have never seen the loft but I don't think the building or place has great architecture or is anything special to look at. I live in San Diego and not once have I thought to find the loft.

When your out in LA just got to a Volto show or a show at the bake potato and get your Danny fix. Some place public so you don't seem as creepy. Instead of going to the loft and kneeling down and praising the Tool gods for all the music they have made there." The building it just has so much energy! I can feel you Adam, Justin and Danny! Just beyond the brick wall!"
I don't really give a true shit what people say on the internet. I asked a question. Many find it a dumb question, I'm fine with that. Not trying to "find the loft." Just curious if it was in the area I was going to be in. Literally if I drove by, I'd like to know I was near by. Perhaps it is living this far away from LA and finding myself in that area of the country that the thought crossed my mind. Im in no need of a Danny fix or anything of the sort, and I doubt my 11 month old son would dig a live band. Shit, he can't even pay for his own cover charge.

It would be one thing if they didn't build up the history of the loft, but they do indeed play off it a lot. "Tales from the loft" etc.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

And yet another thread has turned into a pissing contest/internet argument-fest. Sweet :roll:
I like to poop naked.