Shit I post on Fourtheye that doesn't deserve a new thread

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Shit I post on Fourtheye that doesn't deserve a new thre

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:last show I saw had Yob opening up and they sucked a fat dick lol
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

im with BOSS.... yob sucks? fuck off
go taff!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Wha wha? Who said Yob sucked? Are they fucking high? What the fucking fuck? We are talking about YOB...YOB!!!!

The most intelligent person on this forum
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

MOT opened, right?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

I don't post much and lurk every once in a while... came across this... YOB sucks? Coming from a guy w/the username NYHC especially, I find that a little surprising lol

How's the jocks with fades playing guitars scene going in 2014 there bud? Lemme stop
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I like YOB.

But you all are jumping all over NYHC simply for having a different opinion. Come on.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Yea...come on...

srongwitchoo...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:I like YOB.

But you all are jumping all over NYHC simply for having a different opinion. Come on.
It's not a different opinion - it's a wrong opinion.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

change of subject off of something as stupid as difference of opinion...

reason im seeing Tool live....
[youtube][/youtube]
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

^^^ Agreed!!
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

The Boss wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:I like YOB.

It's not a different opinion - it's a wrong opinion.
trueballs
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

they sucked live. sorry. Yob came on and people laughed/talked/walked around for 45 minutes straight. maybe because they were slightly inaudible? couldn't tell where one song ended and another began. the riffs all blended together, maybe it was a bad set? didn't say they were a terrible band, they just didn't belong on that stage opening up for Tool, at all. I had no idea who ISIS was when they opened up for Tool and I became a fan instantly. those dudes fucking lit the arena up. people seemed almost disappointed when their set ended. that's an opening act my friends. not YOB sounding like dog shit. it's like comedian's bringing a terrible opening act on the road so they can close out strong and kill on stage. that's not right, your opening act should be lights out. like when Meshuggah opened for Tool in 2001 for a little bit. that's how it's done.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Chances are Yob were pretty boring supporting Tool. A large arena surrounded by indifferent fans is a long way from the best way to experience the band (or any other support act) I imagine.

For what it's worth, I thought ISIS were pretty boring when I saw them.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

void wrote:I don't post much and lurk every once in a while... came across this... YOB sucks? Coming from a guy w/the username NYHC especially, I find that a little surprising lol

How's the jocks with fades playing guitars scene going in 2014 there bud? Lemme stop
haven't listened to a new hardcore band since the early 90's bud. plus I said they sucked, not they suck btw. meanwhile I haven't heard one person state their case for YOB, not once. someone sell me that band, please.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:meanwhile I haven't heard one person state their case for YOB, not once. someone sell me that band, please.
I'm not sure there's any point to be honest. If you ain't feeling it then there are no words that are going to change your mind. I presume you've at least given their album a listen rather than just writing them of over a support slot?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:meanwhile I haven't heard one person state their case for YOB, not once. someone sell me that band, please.
I'm not sure there's any point to be honest. If you ain't feeling it then there are no words that are going to change your mind. I presume you've at least given their album a listen rather than just writing them of over a support slot?
after 1800+ posts do you really think I'm the kind of person who would do that bro? honestly. just asking to be pointed in the right direction is all. I wasn't a big fan of Opeth, Gojira, Intronaut, Russian Circles, The Ocean, Set and Setting until people on this site sold me. "check this EP" or "listen to this live set from Copenhagen in 2003". seems that YOB is so mysteriously good that no one takes the time to point out any excellent points lol. King Crimson sells itself, this is YOB okay? not the fucking Who. help me Ronda.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

opening for tool is no picnic
trust me
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ilikecheese wrote:opening for tool
Heh
Ki77aan :twisted:
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

If you want to be sold on YOB...good intro would be...

Album: Catharsis
Song: Ether

If you don't like that, it wasn't meant to be.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
hellboy wrote:
after 1800+ posts do you really think I'm the kind of person who would do that bro? honestly. just asking to be pointed in the right direction is all. I wasn't a big fan of Opeth, Gojira, Intronaut, Russian Circles, The Ocean, Set and Setting until people on this site sold me. "check this EP" or "listen to this live set from Copenhagen in 2003". seems that YOB is so mysteriously good that no one takes the time to point out any excellent points lol. King Crimson sells itself, this is YOB okay? not the fucking Who. help me Ronda.
Yeah that wasn't fair on hellboi's part. You have been around long enough that it is safe to assume you gave an album a go before you said you didn't like it. Not sure why you are getting your balls busted. I dig Yob but I get that it isn't for everyone. You are not a big Doom fan right? I imagine bands like Conan don't tickle your fancy either then?

Anyhoo, if you want to explore the instrumental sludge / doom / stoner doom scene a bit more, check out bands like Omega Massif, Sleep and Electric Wizard.
The most intelligent person on this forum
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:opening for tool
Heh
nice catch

heh...you caught...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I wasn't busting anyone's balls - it was a legitimate question posted in a non-offensive manner. From NYHC's response I'm still not sure if he's actually listened to them.

My point is though, if you've already seen them live and listened to their record(s) and still don't like them, I find it hard to believe anyone is going to convince him to change his mind with words alone.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

void wrote:If you want to be sold on YOB...good intro would be...

Album: Catharsis
Song: Ether

If you don't like that, it wasn't meant to be.
not digging it at all. but I definitely liked this..

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote: seems that YOB is so mysteriously good that no one takes the time to point out any excellent points lol.
Huh?

I started a thread dedicated to YOB, wherein tracks from albums were posted.

Pretty sure someone put a YOB album as their AOTW.

They have been discussed here and hyped at great length ever since I got into them (four years ago?).

How do you call that mysterious?