Tool music update on Toolband!!

The Main Event
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Re: Tool music update on Toolband!!

Post by markuspoop »

Ravenpig wrote:@Mog What, are you Beetlejuice or something?
I believe it's spelled Betelgeuse.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Any update is a good update at this stage. It is disappointing (though not unexpected) that they aren't ready to hit the studio yet, and at this stage with a baby pending, I'm not holding out much hope for them to start recording for another 6 months now.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

As for the OP, had he not posted it I wouldn't have known since I've practically forgotten about TA/TB. I appreciate the info and am encouraged by its positive vibe. I'm fully aware that any further Tool albums are completely out of my control so there's no use in getting too up or too down on the matter. It'll be here when it gets here and in the mean time there's plenty of other stuff to occupy my time and interest.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

markuspoop wrote:As for the OP, had he not posted it I wouldn't have known since I've practically forgotten about TA/TB. I appreciate the info and am encouraged by its positive vibe. I'm fully aware that any further Tool albums are completely out of my control so there's no use in getting too up or too down on the matter. It'll be here when it gets here and in the mean time there's plenty of other stuff to occupy my time and interest.
Jesus. Typical Poop, flying off the handle unreasonably at the slightest provocation. Take a chill pill Charlie!
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Kittaan wrote:
markuspoop wrote:As for the OP, had he not posted it I wouldn't have known since I've practically forgotten about TA/TB. I appreciate the info and am encouraged by its positive vibe. I'm fully aware that any further Tool albums are completely out of my control so there's no use in getting too up or too down on the matter. It'll be here when it gets here and in the mean time there's plenty of other stuff to occupy my time and interest.
Jesus. Typical Poop, flying off the handle unreasonably at the slightest provocation. Take a chill pill Charlie!
Hey, I'm in mourning here cockbag and I'll fly off the handle whenever I gosh-darn-tooting-well please. <insert somesort of emoticon here>
I like to poop naked.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Ahhh Tool is so lazy, I hate Tool
Tool sucks, fuck Tool, they don't do things the way I see fit.
Just fucking fuck Tool....

Haha some peoples kids...
Me personally, I've never written a song in my life not to mention 10 or more songs for an album I'm gonna sell to people
I think it's great Tool takes time and doesn't realease an album every 1-2 years
It gets Furken old.

But say what you want.. TOOL sucks or whatever else you wanna say but people love this band. They could announce a tour tomorrow and that bitch would sell out in minutes.

Some of you claim to hate this band but without this band there wouldn't be a fourtheye and a place for you to blow off your steam... So recognize
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

It's more or less confirmed now that Maynard is involved. Most likely he has a rough demo of the new album in his possession. The album doesn't need to be completely finished with all the bells and whistles added for him to start writing his contribution. It's obviously close to finishing - just maybe not as close as we had hoped.

Personally I never expected them to start recording before March - so this news is...................not really news.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

It also confirms my belief that if Danny Carey ever gives you any information whatsoever (ie that the album will be out "early 2014") then you know that you can absolutely positively cross it off your list of things that are going to happen...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The difference with "2014" is that this time, May Jay said it. When comes to Tool, I'll believe him over Danny any day.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I straight-up don't believe any of them. They'll all lie through their teeth and do anything at all to seem "mysterious"; when all they're really doing is anal-cramming themselves with bottles of the 'Nard's piss.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think they've played off the whole "mysterious" thing for 10 years now. They're certainly guilty of being overly optimistic and possibly lazy, but I doubt they've actually lied at any point.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:I don't think they've played off the whole "mysterious" thing for 10 years now. They're certainly guilty of being overly optimistic and possibly lazy, but I doubt they've actually lied at any point.
Especially when it comes to Danny, it's most assuredly more a case of rose-colored glasses than straight up "lying". That doesn't seem to be Danny's style at all. I have no doubt he WANTED it to be true every time he postulated a potential release date vicinity.

I also agree with HB - they have been ultra accessible and straight forward these last few years in comparison with anything pre 10KD. By a long shot.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I was just bitching about no news on the epic track so this is quite refreshing. I'm with MOG on the 3rd quarter 2014. it would make sense to drop it earlier so they can tour then break when it's harvest time but knowing how slow this process has been it should hit shelves a year from now, then tour after the harvest.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I find it funny that TOOL now revolves around alcohol.

FUCK YEAH.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

if it revolved around DMT we might have had an LP by now
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread or the other, when I hear Blair babble on about epic tracks I think of the last one - Wings/1000D. A good song but nowhere near epic as I thought it would be. I don't think they have it in them but it would be a pleasant surprise if they did. Eight years of procrastinating.... :oops:
They should have saved themselves the embarrassment and announced a hiatus.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

5 pages of responses in what. 8 minutes?
Starved much are we?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

and this?
seriously?
jeesus...
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

doors wrote:Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread or the other, when I hear Blair babble on about epic tracks I think of the last one - Wings/1000D. A good song but nowhere near epic as I thought it would be. I don't think they have it in them but it would be a pleasant surprise if they did. Eight years of procrastinating.... :oops:
They should have saved themselves the embarrassment and announced a hiatus.
I agree with you about the wings stuff but I just don't see why people bitch about this 8 years BS
They didn't start writing this album the day after 10k days dropped.
I'm not completely sure but wasn't it confirmed by the band themselves not the media that the writing began in 2010/2011
That isn't 8 years.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Blair could say that one of the band members had an anal tumor removed and people would still make album release date predictions off that information.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

ilikecheese wrote:5 pages of responses in what. 8 minutes?
Starved much are we?
This thread's been open for more than a day and it took most of that time to get to 5 pages. What are you talking about?
Hey! Denty!
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Its only on the 2nd page for me :S
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

The Boss wrote:
inspiration_tactic wrote:
we still give them time because the new music is gonna be siiiiiiick.
I should know better than to get involved in this, but you have absolutely no reason to believe this.
Every album they've released has been amazing. The next one will be no different. That little jam they threw in before Schism on the last tour, if it was a little taste, was delicious. Every song, every suegway... they've all been exceptional. They have only grown as musicians over the years and I have no reason to believe that this album will be anything but great. Some people want to hate on 10k days... I thought all the songs on that album (aside from The Pot) were completely up to my lofty expectations of the greatest band on the planet. Where Tool leads, millions will follow. It's incredible musicianship every way you look at it and to think of it in any other way is ignorance or you're just being an ornery son-of-a-bitch. They can take a decade between albums and the masses will still be there whenever it is they're ready for the new shit to be heard. What I take from Blair's little update is that the new 'epic' track is incredibly difficult to play for the machine known as Danny Carey. Danny singled out Justin in earlier interviews as being particularly 'prolific' on this album. That's my rhythm section baby!! Maynard's gift for melody and Adam's gift for unique style/effects incorporation aren't going to waver. The new album will be fucking siiiiiiiick. Sick. Take your time, TOOL!
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

The Boss wrote:
we still give them time because the new music is gonna be siiiiiiick.
I should know better than to get involved in this, but you have absolutely no reason to believe this.
Every album they've released has been amazing. The next one will be no different. That little jam they threw in before Schism on the last tour, if it was a little taste, was delicious. Every song, every suegway... they've all been exceptional. They have only grown as musicians over the years and I have no reason to believe that this album will be anything but great. Some people want to hate on 10k days... I thought all the songs on that album (aside from The Pot) were completely up to my lofty expectations of the greatest band on the planet. Where Tool leads, millions will follow. It's incredible musicianship every way you look at it and to think of it in any other way is ignorance or you're just being an ornery son-of-a-bitch. They can take a decade between albums and the masses will still be there whenever it is they're ready for the new shit to be heard. What I take from Blair's little update is that the new 'epic' track is incredibly difficult to play for the machine known as Danny Carey. Danny singled out Justin in earlier interviews as being particularly 'prolific' on this album. That's my rhythm section baby!! Maynard's gift for melody and Adam's gift for unique style/effects incorporation aren't going to waver. The new album will be fucking siiiiiiiick. Sick. Take your time, TOOL!
Awwwww. You're adorable.

It's hard to be negative to you when you're so damn enthusiastic. I hope, purely for your sake and your sake alone, that the next album meets all of your expectations.