Tool music update on Toolband!!

The Main Event
trilobite
Rhandy

Tool music update on Toolband!!

Post by trilobite »

Blair says they're almost done.. With one track!!

Except for vocals!!

Holy cow!!!
also, Avatar!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Tool music update on Toolband!!

Post by Ravenpig »

The way you wrote that makes it sound like they've only come close to finishing that one track, which isn't what he said.
23 October, 2013 (12:28pm)
TOOL MAKING HEADWAY WITH NEW MATERIAL

A couple of weeks ago I visited the Tool loft to try and get some kind of idea as to how things were progressing with the writing sessions now that the band was back hard at it. Well, I am happy to report that there has indeed been a lot of progress as far as new material goes, especially with the lengthy so-called "epic' piece that the guys have been arranging for quite some time now.

Shortly after I arrived, before taking to their respective instruments, Adam suggested that everyone should first have a listen to what they had recorded during the previous session in order to make sure that all were in agreement with certain recently added sections. And listen they did. In fact, to give you some idea - my parking meter expired twice before they were done. And judging from the smiles on their faces, it seemed that, for the most part, Danny, Adam and Justin liked very much what they were hearing and that after some finishing touches, the 'epic' tune would be ready for Maynard to do his thing. (During some of the more melodic passages, I was trying to envision the vocals which, to me, brings it all together.)

After a bit of discussion about some rapid-fire triplets in one section, I asked Danny if he was going to be able to knock out the piece in one take when it came time to track it? His response was to smile and bury his head in his hands, which I will let the readers interpret for themselves. As for the song itself, without giving too much away, it features complex time signatures, interesting harmonic structure and expanding effects processing - similar to what fans of Tool have come to expect - only now, perhaps not surprisingly, the band has taken it to the next level.

Okay, having given you this bit of an update, please note that I am NOT suggesting in any way that the band is ready to go into the studio any time soon. I honestly have no idea as far as any recording timetables go. I am also not sure how many other songs are near completion at this point. Nor do I know at what stage the vocals might be at for ANY of the new material. All I am saying is that as far as this one particular song goes (albeit, a very lengthy one), it was a LOT closer to being finished (instrumentally, speaking) than the last time that I heard it, and that fans of Tool's music will certainly not be disappointed.
Hey! Denty!
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

MOG? You ok man?
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote:MOG? You ok man?
Quite fine thank you for asking. No surprises THEY ARE NOWHERE NEAR CLOSE TO RECORDING THIS ALBUM. Which I have said now numerous times. The album won't be recorded by the end of the year and you will be lucky to get a 3rd Qtr release in 2014. After 21 years of Tool's consistent bullshit when it comes to releasing new material and this last lengthy delay I am over it. I have no idea why so many of you still love this band, or even respect them at this point, but who am I to judge? Whatever makes you happy. If this pittance of information gets you excited so be it.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

MOG wrote:
I am over it.
hahaha... no... clearly you are not.
we still give them time because the new music is gonna be siiiiiiick.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote:
MOG wrote:
I am over it.
*shrug* OK....you have fun with that :arrow: :roll:
inspiration_tactic
Has been

and no it won't be recorded this year. maynards little picture said TOOL 2014. this isn't new news. one thing that we can be excited about is that it appears as though it will be the first half of 2014 and we'll probably get a summer tour with new music... which is just fine with me.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

MOG wrote: I have no idea why so many of you still love this band, or even respect them at this point, but who am I to judge?
We still love you despite your shortcomings... why should we give up on TooL? :P
Professor of Lesbian Science
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

basejumper wrote:
MOG wrote: I have no idea why so many of you still love this band, or even respect them at this point, but who am I to judge?
We still love you despite your shortcomings... why should we give up on TooL? :P
As I said, I don't care. I wouldn't even be in this thread had Tactic not addressed me. This news literally does nothing for me. Now the new Russian Circles album coming out in a week is exciting. Rockin a semi just thinking about it. Tool near completion on some track that MIGHT come out SOMEDAY in the DISTANT future doesn't get the juices flowin. So please do whatever it is you Tool fans do with such news. Frolic and dance and, uh, spiral out?

Good day
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea, how dare Tool fans on a Tool fansite get happy about some news. Don't you have a perfectly good Grudge thread you can use?
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig wrote:Yea, how dare Tool fans on a Tool fansite get happy about some news. Don't you have a perfectly good Grudge thread you can use?
Hey dickface I had literally nothing to say nor was I going to say anything until Tactic posted my way. How about you fellas stop posting at me and post with each other? Might work out well for ya. ;)
inspiration_tactic
Has been

MOG wrote:
basejumper wrote:
I wouldn't even be in this thread had Tactic not addressed me.
Good day
I knew you'd have to say something. I was surprised you weren't already balls deep in the complaint department before I checked out the forum. I thought maybe you got run over by a bus or something.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

@Mog What, are you Beetlejuice or something?
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote: I knew you'd have to say something. I was surprised you weren't already balls deep in the complaint department before I checked out the forum. I thought maybe you got run over by a bus or something.
Nope wasn't going to say a thing. Carry on gentlemen.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Look, I probably shouldn't have made a topic because of this, but nothing new was going on, and I wanted everyone to know the 'news' from Toolband. What this thread really should have been about is... 'HEY- making progress on the new (final) TOOL record..'

Being their last official album release, who thinks it'll be a fitting send off??
also, Avatar!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

trilobite wrote:Blair says they're almost done.. With one track!!

Except for vocals!!

Holy cow!!!
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote:

Except for vocals!!

Holy cow!!!
Man I am glad you are back. Don't ever leave again. Wanna spoon?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

inspiration_tactic wrote:
MOG wrote:
I am over it.
I should know better than to get involved in this, but you have absolutely no reason to believe this.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

This news does nothing for me either. So tired of waiting on these lazy fucks.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

MOG wrote:
The Boss wrote:

Except for vocals!!

Holy cow!!!
Man I am glad you are back. Don't ever leave again. Wanna spoon?
OF course. Once I stop gut-laughing.

Oh, my sides. TOOL, eh?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote: OF course. Once I stop gut-laughing.

Oh, my sides. TOOL, eh?
Baffling :?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Maynard's pretty fast getting his part done though.
No username
Maynard Believer

Post by No username »

trilobite wrote:
Being their last official album release, who thinks it'll be a fitting send off??
if the length of time between albums is indicative of work and effort then this should be their best, but really I think every album got better than the last up until lateralus, not to say 10k days was bad but if you use their previous albums as a measuring stick for the next then your setting a very high standard, in sport they have a saying "your only as good as your last game" I think this album only needs to be better than 10k days to finish their careers on a high note, and I think they are capable of it....it would be an amazing catalog of work to have 5 quality albums under their belts.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

When there's no news: What the fuck, why no updates? These lazy fucks!

When there's some: eh who gives a crap!

Lulz
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I'm cautiously optimistadontgivafuckic about this news. Like most of you.
Ki77aan :twisted: