Height: 182cm

Maynard @ Joe Rogan

Post by hellboy »

Will be on tonight so I hear at 9pm Pacific Time:

the chill
Duck Hater

Re: Maynard @ Joe Rogan

Post by the chill »

Stoked! Just got off work to hear this glorious news!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Streaming now...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Had this on in the background while I was writing a paper. Unless I missed something, heres the tl;dh:

Harvest is done, he's "busy writing".

Other than plugging the new APC and Puscifer DVDs, he didn't talk about them either.

Was a pretty interesting conversation though, Rogan is good at this.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:Had this on in the background while I was writing a paper. Unless I missed something, heres the tl;dh:

Harvest is done, he's "busy writing".

Other than plugging the new APC and Puscifer DVDs, he didn't talk about them either.

Was a pretty interesting conversation though, Rogan is good at this.
How was it compared to the first one?
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I only saw parts of the first one but they both seemed more comfortable with each other this time. There was however, at least one point where May Jay was all "nope, not gonna talk about that". (Rogan asked him what the "353" thing on his wine and tattoo represented)
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I've listened to all 400+ of these podcasts plus a few Duncan Trussell's Family Hour. can't wait to grab a cup of joe and give this a listen on the way to the morgue I call a job.

#freakparty
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I thought it was an interesting conversation at times, but it was no real direction in the interview (nor did I really expect their to be one). It's cool hearing Maynard speak about a range of topics, but for those looking for any kind of useful news regarding any of his projects really it was largely a waste of time.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Didn't listen but between the mention that he is "writing" and Brett's interview where Billy mentions that Maynard is currently writing for Tool sounds like maybe things are moving along a bit better for you Toolios. Wasn't there another recent interview with Billy where he said Maynard was in "full Tool mode" at the moment? I hope you TTFers get your new album next year and it meets and exceeds all expectations. :)
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I like how maynard said he puts effort into whatever he is working on....he's involved.
go taff!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

budsyralli wrote:I like how maynard said he puts effort into whatever he is working on....he's involved.
Anyone who blames him for Tool's laziness clearly hasn't been paying attention. Or haters gonna hate, I guess.
Hey! Denty!
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

MOG wrote:Didn't listen but between the mention that he is "writing" and Brett's interview where Billy mentions that Maynard is currently writing for Tool sounds like maybe things are moving along a bit better for you Toolios. Wasn't there another recent interview with Billy where he said Maynard was in "full Tool mode" at the moment? I hope you TTFers get your new album next year and it meets and exceeds all expectations. :)
hey, thanks MOG. better be careful, you might get your asshole status revoked.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig wrote:
budsyralli wrote:I like how maynard said he puts effort into whatever he is working on....he's involved.
Anyone who blames him for Tool's laziness clearly hasn't been paying attention. Or haters gonna hate, I guess.
Absolving him of blame entirely would be incorrect imo. Had Maynard made Tool a priority rather than jumping into this Puscifer endeavor I imagine things might have moved along more quickly. When speaking with the Intronaut fellas they did mention that Danny and Justin write music all the time. Obviously that doesn't mean that they had been working toward anything specifically, so one cannot take that as an indicator that they are also blameless. Obviously Adam has played a significant part in this current delay, maybe more so than anyone else.

Bottom line, as much as I like taking shots at Maynard and getting such wonderful knee jerk reactions from them, the reality is that the blame for the delay falls at all their feet. Their priorities haven't been in order and their work ethic as a band (ie "TOOL") has been pathetic up until recently. They got rich and they got complacent and they know they can get away with it because most of you start jerkin it at the mere mention of a tour much less a new album.

That is why I stopped supporting the band. That is the only recourse the "fan", or in reality, the "consumer", has in such a situation. If a band, or "product" I like, stops functioning in a professional manner, or if the quality of the product or "brand" starts to slip, then the choice is to continue to support said band/product or move on to something else. I have most certainly moved on to something else. That being said, I do so enjoy picking at scabs.

I do genuinely get why most of you haven't been bothered by the delay, or the Opiate EP release or recent tours during this album delay. Tool is still your favorite band. In many of your eyes they can do no wrong. And while I might bust your collective balls for it, I do GET IT. I do remember when my musical world revolved around Tool. Doesn't mean I am going to stop busting your balls. However, rather than using a metaphorical sludge hammer I might take a more gentle approach and just go for a swift kick. A love tap if you will. Gotta keep you fuckers honest.
Last edited by MOG on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote:
MOG wrote:Didn't listen but between the mention that he is "writing" and Brett's interview where Billy mentions that Maynard is currently writing for Tool sounds like maybe things are moving along a bit better for you Toolios. Wasn't there another recent interview with Billy where he said Maynard was in "full Tool mode" at the moment? I hope you TTFers get your new album next year and it meets and exceeds all expectations. :)
hey, thanks MOG. better be careful, you might get your asshole status revoked.
Doubtful, but life does have a wonderful way of dropping a bit of perspective, usually in the form of a piano falling out of the sky or the ground opening up beneath your feet. Or maybe I am just starting to soften in my old age. Christ I am turning into Kittaan. Fuck me.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

MOG wrote: I have most certainly moved on to something else
:lol:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Not Tyson wrote:
MOG wrote: I have most certainly moved on to something else
:lol:
I love you Tyson. *hug*
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

MOG wrote:Absolving him of blame entirely would be incorrect imo.
That's not what I said. Of course it's also partly his fault, but I've always sorta thought that the frustration/at times borderline anger he's shown when asked about Tool has to do with the others' laziness, or more specifically, more than likely Adam (which I know you agree with).

But yes, I'd imagine if at some point(s) May Jay just said "Ah fuck it I'm gonna go to L.A. and see what the fuck is up with these guys" things would've moved along faster. Although, who's to say that he didn't? Whatever happened didn't result in shit until now (apparently anyway) so why fret over it.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig wrote:
MOG wrote:Absolving him of blame entirely would be incorrect imo.
That's not what I said. Of course it's also partly his fault, but I've always sorta thought that the frustration/at times borderline anger he's shown when asked about Tool has to do with the others' laziness, or more specifically, more than likely Adam (which I know you agree with).

But yes, I'd imagine if at some point(s) May Jay just said "Ah fuck it I'm gonna go to L.A. and see what the fuck is up with these guys" things would've moved along faster. Although, who's to say that he didn't? Whatever happened didn't result in shit until now (apparently anyway) so why fret over it.
I am not fretting over it. Whether or not a new Tool album ever comes out makes no difference to me at this point. Just conversing with you about the lazy comment. Also trying to be nice to all you Tool fans for once. I kept out words like "delusional" and "apologist". I also write very well and I enjoy reading what I write so I took the opportunity to get in a few paragraphs. I am kind of a big deal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

The entire band can say whatever they want. Until you get or see real results, what's the point of even caring?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

MOG, nothing like a Tool forum to prove your worth as a master of linguistics. I will use proper sentences and punctuation to properly give myself credibility on such a proclamation:

Chances are good that everybody has gripes about certain things in their life, though you likely wouldn't know it from the forum. The weatherman is wrong. The wife won't lay off the spike. The dog took a shit on your wife's carpet. Hell, maybe we even have gripes with Tool. The difference is just the delivery, which you are seemingly trying to improve, and also the obvious condescension of some of your comments. Your IQ is higher from your perspective because you choose to take a lot of Tool's 'methods' personally, becoming frustrated when others don't want to fret about things that to some, don't need fretting. You actually feel it be lesser of a person not to have some of the same gripes as you. This, coupled with the inherent 'crash the party' mentality you have while being a non-Tool fan on a Tool forum, also makes it obvious why you consider it important to lend yourself some credibility with such a wonderful vocabulary and pristine sentence structure.

The real question is why someone would want to bash something so incessantly. Of what good could come of the practice? If less people like a band that they enjoy listening to because of you, what possible good would that do? If being educated on how to think critically means I have to like my favorite music and the band that plays it less, then I'll choose not to think critically in a setting like this. They aren't elected office. They aren't leaders of men. They're a band. They're talented and have a nice sound. That's all that matters.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I'm only half way through, another great convo. I'm suprised MJK's still rolling that much, I thought he kinda gave that up. good to hear. plus the "don't check for me August 1st through November 1st" is very telling when it comes to a Tool album release/tour. he's about 24 months from FULL production on his vineyards and pumped out around 6,000 last year. he's a cool dude, he should do his own podcast.

now when the holiday's roll around and Justin heads home, Adam is with his mom to be, Danny is balls deep in LA Basketball it gives MJK enough time to write to some rhythm's he's received on CD. if the frameworks aren't quite there yet, can't blame the man. it was up to those other three to give him some quality by November. he's ready to write, how's the music? we'll see after the year turns over.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

MOG wrote: Christ I am turning into Kittaan.
You could do worse...
Ki77aan :twisted:
all_one_mind
Bronco's Fan

Post by all_one_mind »

I noticed during the interview that Rogan has a terrible memory, asking Maynard stuff that was essentially the same as last interview genuinely in conversation, which at times Maynard seemed to show cognizance of. He gives a very different kind of interview to Rogan in that he's not stand offish or disinterested appearing at all, probably because its more like a conversation than the same 10 questions he's always asked. Overall I didn't care about some of the content but it was a good interview.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I will never hear this, can't stand Joe Brogan
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:I will never hear this, can't stand Joe Brogan
Does he intimidate you?