Maynard James Keenan

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Maynard James Keenan

Post by M0G »

inspiration_tactic wrote:MJK is having fun and doing his own thing like he seemingly always has been. This celebration of his array of projects would have been a sight to behold; I'm jealous that I didn't get to take in that show. I've seen Puscifer once and I was blown away by his energy. You can tell he takes a certain pride in Puscifer, his baby. That he played some old APC and even threw in some Tool seems to be a real treat to his general fan-base that showed up. How can you hate Maynard, anyway? He makes you incredible music and wine. He is a clever fuck that makes you laugh and think outside the box. He's a fuckin' rockstar! The dude's legit; he just doesn't want you to bother him on his own time.

Regarding the MOG sentiments ("Maynard 'hates' tool fans"), I think most tool fans need a healthy dose of being left in the dark and ignored (hahaha). Knowing the tool fans I do, anymore obsession would be unhealthy if left unchecked. I think Maynard will always have a soft spot for tool because he knows the music will transcend generations. He also knows that while a fraction of his fans 'get it'... a large amount of them don't. Over the years of their B.S. I'm sure he has become progressively more and more annoyed by them. Regardless, he is an amazing musician that doesn't need to act like he likes me and my fellow fans for me to appreciate his art.
I hate him because he is a pretentious dick that treats his fans like shit. He doesn't owe them anything, but he SHOULD appreciate and respect them for making him rich. He SHOULD answer questions that are reasonably and respectfully put forth. God I am glad I am not a Tool fan any longer. So many great bands and artists out there that DO respect their fanbase and go out of their way to express that. Maynard doesn't even give a shit about Tool any longer and most of you don't even realize it. Tool is money for the vineyard at this point and that's it.
The most intelligent person on this forum
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

M0G wrote:I hate him
:lol:
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

Buy...buy...buy... send more money. Fuck you, buddy.

I'm not sure how you telling me what I already know will change anyone's perception of the man. You should have hated him 20 years ago.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

inspiration_tactic wrote:Buy...buy...buy... send more money. Fuck you, buddy.

I'm not sure how you telling me what I already know will change anyone's perception of the man. You should have hated him 20 years ago.
I have disliked him for a long time but I used to respect him. I no longer respect him. Is that going to change anyone's opinion of him on this forum? Of course not. I posted an observation and my general distaste for the man. You guys came rushing to his defense. I have nothing more to say on the matter.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Fuck Mountain
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fuck Mountain »

I'm usually in the fuck Maynard / blame Maynard / Maynard's a dick - camp.

But after Cinquanta (night 1) a lot of that animosity changed.

all hail Maynard for giving some of his biggest fans a hell of a show.

all hail Maynard for giving (one of my favorite bands) Failure a quality showcase over 3 sets in a night to show off some of their best material.

good on you mjk

keep on keepin on
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

it was never MJK. it's always been Adam. we've gone over this tirelessly.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:it was never MJK. it's always been Adam. we've gone over this tirelessly.
Yes and yes.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Thing is, no one has blamed Maynard for quite some time. We should move on...
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:Thing is, no one has blamed Maynard for quite some time. We should move on...
I think the general populous would blame Maynard, and does, just because he's the front man; he's the only one the average person might know
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:Thing is, no one has blamed Maynard for quite some time. We should move on...
I think the general populous would blame Maynard, and does, just because he's the front man; he's the only one the average person might know
I don't think the general populous gives a shit, nor do I really give a shit what their opinion on Tool is.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

If "blame" is in reference to the album, how can it possibly be any more out in the open that he's the least of the holdups? I mean, that part is just settled basically.

As for him "being a dick," and this isn't directed squarely at Mog because there are a LOT of fans that feel that way... I empathize with how creepy fandom can be, and I can't even begin to fathom what it feels like to have the particular level of weird intensity directed at you like he does. Reading between the lines, it's always seemed apparent to me that he's incredibly appreciative of what "the fans" have given him and the band, he just has no interest in co-mingling and that's perfectly normal. He's not the first artist to feel or act that way, and he won't be the last. It's nothing new, and it's nothing to look down on. I don't think, anyway. I want good art/music from him, nothing more.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants wrote:If "blame" is in reference to the album, how can it possibly be any more out in the open that he's the least of the holdups? I mean, that part is just settled basically.

As for him "being a dick," and this isn't directed squarely at Mog because there are a LOT of fans that feel that way... I empathize with how creepy fandom can be, and I can't even begin to fathom what it feels like to have the particular level of weird intensity directed at you like he does. Reading between the lines, it's always seemed apparent to me that he's incredibly appreciative of what "the fans" have given him and the band, he just has no interest in co-mingling and that's perfectly normal. He's not the first artist to feel or act that way, and he won't be the last. It's nothing new, and it's nothing to look down on. I don't think, anyway. I want good art/music from him, nothing more.
+ 1
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Saw that MJK was some background eye candy on a TMZ bit where they were talking to the scrumptious Chris Meloni about his butt. Guess the 2 of them were hanging out during MJK's most recent trip to LA.

Good for MJK for being on the TMZ.
I like to poop naked.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

joeypants wrote:If "blame" is in reference to the album, how can it possibly be any more out in the open that he's the least of the holdups? I mean, that part is just settled basically.

You can't really call yourself a fair dinkum TooL fan then, can you?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

markuspoop wrote:Saw that MJK was some background eye candy on a TMZ bit where they were talking to the scrumptious Chris Meloni about his butt. Guess the 2 of them were hanging out during MJK's most recent trip to LA.

Good for MJK for being on the TMZ.
I don't know why but this might be my favorite post in FE ever. Props to Poop!
Hey! Denty!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

But speaking specifically about Mog:

It is ridiculous for someone who regularly boasts about himself for "being a dick" to complain about how another person is a dick; especially when that person is a celebrity that he probably has never even met, let alone actually known personally.

Oh the sheer hypocrisy!
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Perhaps you should start a Mog thread Children. I'm sure he would be flattered.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

children wrote:

But speaking specifically about Mog:

It is ridiculous for someone who regularly boasts about himself for "being a dick" to complain about how another person is a dick; especially when that person is a celebrity that he probably has never even met, let alone actually known personally.

Oh the sheer hypocrisy!
Shut up, children.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

liz wrote:Perhaps you should start a Mog thread Children. I'm sure he would be flattered.
Well narcissistic people tend to be flattered easily so...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

A drunken rant makes it to 20 pages, cool

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea who would've thought a thread titled "Maynard James Keenan" in a Tool fan forum would get this far.

SO weird!
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I'm an evil genius!

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:A drunken rant makes it to 20 pages, cool
It's still only one page for me.

Ki77aan :twisted:
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Kittaan wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:A drunken rant makes it to 20 pages, cool
It's still only one page for me.

so fucking perfect
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

petemasterpete wrote:so fucking perfect
I'm going to write a song tonight and THAT will be the title.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.