Post by fortysixand2 »

More book tour stuff..
Nov 14 - Toronto, ON - Convocation Hall
https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/even ... medium=bks
tiresias
Has been

Re: Maynard James Keenan

Post by tiresias »

I for one am excited that MJK has the the chutzpah to visit the great isle of Manhattan three days after the orgy of democracy we call the United States presidential election.

Apparently he believes there will be a lull before the Trumpian hordes smash the gates of the urban American order. Maybe he knows that the tan man from Orangina will hit the mat crying before the great bell rings on the final round.

Regardless, his choice of venue is delightful. After the event we can all run naked through Olmstead’s garden under the pale glow of the City’s electricity. From there we can punch through the windows of the Tavern on the Green a la Rick Moranis. Once we have sated ourselves on top shelf martinis at the Tavern bar, we can move onto Champagne toasts at the boat house and acid jazz underneath the Bethesda Terrace. If any of the crowd remains, and still have their wits, we can slouch down to Columbus Circle and skinny dip in the fountain under the watchful eye of Trump Tower security.

My tickets are in hand, and I am ready. Are you? (I am also looking forward to the book).
“Casual Fan”
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

For those who haven't seen it yet, Maynard's "A Perfect Union of Contrary Things" book tour will be in Los Angeles, Tuesday, November 22nd at the Ricardo Montalban Theatre.

Tickets are scheduled to go on-sale this upcoming Thursday, September 1st at 10 am Pacific Daylight Time. I haven't found a link to the on-sale yet, but will update when I do.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

And here's the link for the Los Angeles show: http://www.axs.com/events/314844/maynar ... gs-tickets
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

6X2zoS8spg8WXdFmVarnpBFUW13ORNmIa-AelrQUNEc.jpg
6X2zoS8spg8WXdFmVarnpBFUW13ORNmIa-AelrQUNEc.jpg (106.07 KiB) Viewed 14004 times
Deftones!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:at the Ricardo Montalban Theatre
Are the seats in the venue made from rich, Corinthian leather?

Honestly, I am just not motivated to give that bald fuck any more of my dirty dollars at this point. Maybe I'm just taking up the reigns from Moggy now that he's gone all soft on us?
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:
All I ever think about when I hear the name is "Boss, the plane! The plane!"

Come on K-man! You get a book, a CD, and a chance to ask the man himself what his favorite vegan frozen yogurt topping is! Kidding of course, we all know it's bacon.

If you lived closer I'd make you attend with me...and I know you'd go!

Then we could hit all the cool Tool spots: creep around outside the loft, burn some sage outside the gate leading up to DC's house, harass the poor suckers that bought MJK's house in the Hollywood Hills, then hit the Baked Potato for some Jazz Fusion. It would be a blast!!!
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

god, the cover and those cheesy occasional snippets on fbook from this book... its so...meh... its clearly not maynard who has the taste in the band
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

_peterpwn wrote:god, the cover and those cheesy occasional snippets on fbook from this book... its so...meh... its clearly not maynard who has the taste in the band
Maybe, maybe not. Maynard said he lost to battle in regards to the cover and font.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
All I ever think about when I hear the name is "Boss, the plane! The plane!"

Come on K-man! You get a book, a CD, and a chance to ask the man himself what his favorite vegan frozen yogurt topping is! Kidding of course, we all know it's bacon.

If you lived closer I'd make you attend with me...and I know you'd go!

Then we could hit all the cool Tool spots: creep around outside the loft, burn some sage outside the gate leading up to DC's house, harass the poor suckers that bought MJK's house in the Hollywood Hills, then hit the Baked Potato for some Jazz Fusion. It would be a blast!!!
It sounds Magikal, Norm.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

This is a really good interview talking about the upcoming biography and what to expect from it. Some particularly choice quotes regarding Tool... (there's more than what I'm posting, and I recommend reading the entire interview)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... ys-w442743

So moving a little beyond that L.A. period when the band started to get some kind of traction, I really enjoyed the description of Lollapalooza '93 – where you sang with Alice in Chains at one point – which I think for a lot of people is a golden moment of that era of rock music. What do you remember about that tour?
I guess you could probably save that response for when we do the Tool biography. You know, it's hard to say. I've had a lot of golden moments. That might've been one of 'em.

Do you plan to write a different book about that band in particular?
Oh, yeah, that would absolutely be in the cards, I think. It's just a matter of all four of us agreeing how that's gonna go forward. That's always the trick, isn't it?

This book you just put out is very adamantly not a Tool book. Tool is a part of it, but in some ways, there's probably more Puscifer or the winemaking or even the sort of pre-musical life. Was that a calculated thing?

There's so much stuff out there about Tool, and there's so many things about me with Tool out there right now it would just be redundant. And some of the more behind-the-scenes things that go on with the band, it should be a volume that's done by all four of those people, not just me. So, a lot of the things are saved for that next incarnation. Even though this is a biography, I feel like it's more of, like we talked about, a map – just a map of certain decisions and how they were arrived at, if nothing else for an inspiration for me, to chronicle where I've been, to know where I'm going, and also for an observer to look at it and see how it applies to their life.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It was an excellent interview I thought. It confirms what many of us suspect, in that Tool is definitely not the focus of the book.

Interesting hearing about the idea of a Tool biography.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It is pretty cool of him to say that a Tool focused book should be done with the 4 of them involved though.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Funny how he just decides some reporters are worth more time than others. Im sure there's been other reporters that have have asked similiar engaging questions only to he answered with not really. He really is a smart business man and bit of a prick who chooses to open up when he has an agenda to push.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:It is pretty cool of him to say that a Tool focused book should be done with the 4 of them involved though.
Yep, sounds reasonable. I hope no one goes assuming this is some kind of commitment to Tool doing this though...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Well he doesn't straight up say "it's coming" but he sounds like an idea that's been put on simmer.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

" You've just got to let it happen. If it feels right, you just keep building on it. Until it doesn't feel right. It's hard to build on something that doesn't feel right anymore."

ouch
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Don't think this is anything to be alarmed about tbh (in regards to the new album) The last couple of interviews/podcasts clearly shows that MJK opens up (generally and in regards to Tool - a little more than usual) to people he trusts and/or knows very well. That podcast in particular was so different to some of the interviews that he's done.

The Rollingstone interview was great and, based on a purely personal interpretation, suggests that Tool is still there with him....why talk about it when everyone else has talked about it for him...thats what I gathered. Anyway, the idea of a Tool biography hopefully shows to all the fans that he still has the band within him and quite modestly suggests he isn't the most crucial part by saying it should be a 4 way effort.
Deftones!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I found it a pretty positive interview - not sure why anyone would be alarmed?
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

It's hard to build on something that doesn't feel right anymore."
sorry slightly misleading...was commenting on the comment before my post. Was a positive interview.

Just saying after listening to that particular interview it showed that the band is still within the guy...
Deftones!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

What in the hell are you talking about. 'The band is still within this guy'. Holy fuck...

Tool hasn't released a new album in 10 years, but continue to produce 'Maynard is holier than thou', frontman fucking fanboys. My god
also, Avatar!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

trilobite wrote:What in the hell are you talking about. 'The band is still within this guy'. Holy fuck...

Tool hasn't released a new album in 10 years, but continue to produce 'Maynard is holier than thou', frontman fucking fanboys. My god
I like how a harmless observation that barely qualifies as a compliment really rustled your jimmies.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

This conversation is so pointless. Just continually making assumptions lol.

Tool will release a new album. Maynard will sing on said album.
Tool will tour the new album with Maynard.

No one can be sure of anything else; regarding if 'he still has the band in him' etc....

Just wait for the new album and enjoy it when it when it's released.