TOOL - Cumbre Tajín Mexico 2014

The Main Event
trilobite
Rhandy

Re: TOOL - Cumbre Tajín Mexico 2014

Post by trilobite »

Another show means they're at least still a band.

That's how I'm seeing it
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Isn't touring where a great deal of that "magic" occurs?

This might be their way of solidifying the new material being worked on into complete songs. Even if they don't actually perform the new songs in front of a live audience, they will at least practice the new songs during rehearsal.

Maybe they just need to go balls deep in TOOL in order to get that creative energy charged and put the finishing touches on the new album...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

children wrote:Isn't touring where a great deal of that "magic" occurs?

This might be their way of solidifying the new material being worked on into complete songs. Even if they don't actually perform the new songs in front of a live audience, they will at least practice the new songs during rehearsal.
This excuse gets trotted out every tour they've done for the last 4 years. To be honest I question how much value touring has on the songwriting process. I don't mind it when Tool tour - to me that's what being a band is all about. I do wish they were more productive in between tours though.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

hellboy wrote:
children wrote:Isn't touring where a great deal of that "magic" occurs?

This excuse gets trotted out every tour they've done for the last 4 years. To be honest I question how much value touring has on the songwriting process. I don't mind it when Tool tour - to me that's what being a band is all about. I do wish they were more productive in between tours though.
Yeah, but what if THIS time it's legit... One can hope right?
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

inticing
go taff!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

budsyralli wrote:inticing
Inciting + Enticing = Inticing
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

they haven't played New York City in 12 years!!!!!!! show some respect boys. they're playing in Japan and Mexico!? give me a break already. And back in 06' it was Nassau Coliseum? I mean I was there and it was fun but come on man,they haven't played the fucking Garden in 12 years...I'm trying to agree with MOG about the cash grab but if that's the case then play 1 show in the biggest city in the world. If I have to take two trains and sit on a bus ride with 20 fat Jersey girls asking me if I "have any hallucinogens to spare" one more time I'm pulling a Cobain.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

That's because it isn't a "CASH GRAB"...

It's called spreading the LOVE!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

budsyralli wrote:inticing
Intellectually enticing...
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Hahaha I never tire of New Yorkers whining about a "trek" that would seem like a normal commute any other time (just so long as it doesn't veer into dreaded Jersey). My friend went on and on and on about how terrible it would be last year when I went to the NJ show (which seriously may as well be a NY show) and after the 5 min bus ride, I couldn't believe it. Yes, a "true" NYC venue would have that little extra panache to it, but my god you all whine too much about the wrong things. Xoxo
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:they haven't played New York City in 12 years!!!!!!! show some respect boys. they're playing in Japan and Mexico!? give me a break already. And back in 06' it was Nassau Coliseum? I mean I was there and it was fun but come on man,they haven't played the fucking Garden in 12 years...I'm trying to agree with MOG about the cash grab but if that's the case then play 1 show in the biggest city in the world. If I have to take two trains and sit on a bus ride with 20 fat Jersey girls asking me if I "have any hallucinogens to spare" one more time I'm pulling a Cobain.
^ Bah they couldn't sell out the Garden at this point. Who wants to see a bunch of has-beens who haven't released anything new in over 8 years?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

children wrote:That's because it isn't a "CASH GRAB"...

It's called spreading your cheeks.

*called it
also, Avatar!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

trilobite wrote:
children wrote:That's because it isn't a "CASH GRAB"...

It's called spreading your cheeks.

*called it
Well done Trilo. There is hope for you yet ;)
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Why the fuck does it matter if it's a cash grab or not?
They are a band bands make money, some more than others. I'll go out on a limb and say none of you do anything for free.

Its damn good music, it's worth paying some money to see, thousands of people will agree because thousands of people will be there to see.....
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Unless I really fucked up my math, tickets to this festival are only $25. I'd pay that even without the bands cause it looks mighty interesting. Great deal if you ask me.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Baahumbug wrote:Why the fuck does it matter if it's a cash grab or not?
They are a band bands make money, some more than others. I'll go out on a limb and say none of you do anything for free.

Its damn good music, it's worth paying some money to see, thousands of people will agree because thousands of people will be there to see.....
Waste of money. Has-been band playing the same old songs. Tool keeps hitting new lows.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

Jesus somebody put MOG out of his trolling misery already. Cue the violins every single fucking post.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote:Jesus somebody put MOG out of his trolling misery already. Cue the violins every single fucking post.
Hit the ignore button ;) Works like a charm.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Those same old songs are platinum hits.....

Seriously what band doesn't do that?????
Nine inch nails play hurt pretty much every show.
Incubus plays wish you were here pretty much every show.
I've been to rap shows, metal shows, rock shows, country shows.. They all do it so why do you feel the need to bash Tool for it.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Ravenpig wrote:Unless I really fucked up my math, tickets to this festival are only $25. I'd pay that even without the bands cause it looks mighty interesting. Great deal if you ask me.
$25 for 1 day. The entire festival is 5 days I think. You can get a 5 day ticket for about $110 US. On Toolband it says they are playing on the 21st which is the only single day ticket available for purchase right now.
Professor of Lesbian Science
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Totally worth it. I wish I could find a way to go, Tool would be more like a bonus than the main reason.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Baahumbug wrote:Those same old songs are platinum hits.....

I've been to rap shows, metal shows, rock shows, country shows.. They all do it so why do you feel the need to bash Tool for it.
Incuwhat? Who dat is? Some kinda pop music? You crazy kids and your pop metal.

I bash Tool because they disgust me. Continually touring year after year behind old material rather than finishing off a new album is pathetic. Coming on 8 years between albums. Probably gonna be 9 by the time it gets done, if it ever gets done. Particularly lame when the band stated last year that they wouldn't tour again until they finished up a new album. Pathetic. Sad shit. Washed up bunch of has-beens. Keep throwing away your money to hear songs you have already heard thousands of times and have seen live numerous times. Have fun with that.

Good news though, The Ocean plan on touring the US next year. I imagine Russian Circles will do a US tour in support of Memorial. Would be surprised if Intronaut didn't tour again next year. All bands worth seeing.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Festivals are not my thing, unless there's a senior section maybe?

But I'd probably go if it was closer. I'd rather they be in the studio recording new material before they tour again, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Like most on this forum, this has dragged on so long now, I find it hard to invest much real emotion in the "delay" for the new album.

@ Mog - do your thing if you need to, I can always skip the trip (though I usually read them anyway).

And I totally agree, lots of great shows to be seen. I've got quite a few I'm looking forward to over the next few months or so.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan wrote:Festivals are not my thing, unless there's a senior section maybe?

But I'd probably go if it was closer. I'd rather they be in the studio recording new material before they tour again, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Like most on this forum, this has dragged on so long now, I find it hard to invest much real emotion in the "delay" for the new album.

@ Mog - do your thing if you need to, I can always skip the trip (though I usually read them anyway).

And I totally agree, lots of great shows to be seen. I've got quite a few I'm looking forward to over the next few months or so.
Skipping the trip is never fun. Unless it is a Tyson drunken rant, and even those are occasionally amusing. You would think by now I wouldn't get any bites or would just get ignored. Shit baffles me. Most of the time I am just fishing. Other times I am delivering my wonderfully brutal blend of sarcasm and rage. #Ragecasm ;)

You would think a dissenting comment would be skimmed over and the Toolgasm continued but one well timed comment grinds the thread to a halt. Does that say something about Tool fans, or just FE Tool fans?
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

MOG wrote:
Baahumbug wrote:Those same old songs are platinum hits.....

Incuwhat? Who dat is? Some kinda pop music? You crazy kids and your pop metal.

I bash Tool because they disgust me. Continually touring year after year behind old material rather than finishing off a new album is pathetic. Coming on 8 years between albums. Probably gonna be 9 by the time it gets done, if it ever gets done. Particularly lame when the band stated last year that they wouldn't tour again until they finished up a new album. Pathetic. Sad shit. Washed up bunch of has-beens. Keep throwing away your money to hear songs you have already heard thousands of times and have seen live numerous times. Have fun with that.

Good news though, The Ocean plan on touring the US next year. I imagine Russian Circles will do a US tour in support of Memorial. Would be surprised if Intronaut didn't tour again next year. All bands worth seeing.
Incubus is a great band...

O, the arrogance!