TOOL - Cumbre Tajín Mexico 2014

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

Re: TOOL - Cumbre Tajín Mexico 2014

Post by basejumper »

MOG wrote: I bash Tool because they disgust me. Continually touring year after year behind old material rather than finishing off a new album is pathetic. Coming on 8 years between albums. Probably gonna be 9 by the time it gets done, if it ever gets done. Particularly lame when the band stated last year that they wouldn't tour again until they finished up a new album. Pathetic. Sad shit. Washed up bunch of has-beens. Keep throwing away your money to hear songs you have already heard thousands of times and have seen live numerous times. Have fun with that.

Good news though, The Ocean plan on touring the US next year. I imagine Russian Circles will do a US tour in support of Memorial. Would be surprised if Intronaut didn't tour again next year. All bands worth seeing.
Mog, I know you have more than this to offer this site but I ... just.... can't......... resist! I changed as little as possible. :P

To self:
I bash MOG because he disgusts me. Continually BITCHING year after year behind old material rather than HAVING MEANINGFUL DISCUSSIONS is pathetic. Coming on 8 years OF RANTING. Probably gonna be 9 by the time HE STOPS, if HE ever STOPS. Particularly lame when HE stated last year that HE wouldn't BITCH SO MUCH THIS YEAR. Pathetic. Sad shit. Washed up has-been. Keep throwing away your TIME READING POSTS you have already READ thousands of times and have IGNORED numerous times. Have fun with that.

Good news though, I LIKE CHEESE plans on touring the US next year. I imagine HELLBOY will do a US tour in support of FOURTHEYE. Would be surprised if BAAHUMBUG didn't tour again next year. All PEEPS worth A
Professor of Lesbian Science
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Calfium Jay wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:Can't we all just get along

Pfffft!!

This is a internet fan forum not a barnyard hoedown.
I'm pretty sure this is barnyard hoedown.
also, Avatar!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Anyone who can say with a straight face they are disgusted by Tool needs therapy.

Like actual therapy.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:Anyone who can say with a straight face they are disgusted by Tool needs therapy.

Like actual therapy.
#Disgustipated
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I'd be disgusted with them if they scraped the material they were working on and broke up. that's the only reason, and that's not happening. sooner or later we'll get an LP.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Mog is probably posting the same shit on a Dr Dre website.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

basejumper wrote: To self:
I bash MOG because he disgusts me. Continually BITCHING year after year behind old material rather than HAVING MEANINGFUL DISCUSSIONS is pathetic. Coming on 8 years OF RANTING. Probably gonna be 9 by the time HE STOPS, if HE ever STOPS. Particularly lame when HE stated last year that HE wouldn't BITCH SO MUCH THIS YEAR. Pathetic. Sad shit. Washed up has-been. Keep throwing away your TIME READING POSTS you have already READ thousands of times and have IGNORED numerous times. Have fun with that.

Good news though, I LIKE CHEESE plans on touring the US next year. I imagine HELLBOY will do a US tour in support of FOURTHEYE. Would be surprised if BAAHUMBUG didn't tour again next year. All PEEPS worth A
there is a lot of win right here.
Tool_User01
Maynard Believer

Post by Tool_User01 »

I think its funny that mog pretends he is just being a troll and fishing, instead of the reality that he really really fuckin wants a new tool album.

When you have to pretend to be a troll cos the reality is your just a childish cunt... I feel for you mog.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I like mog
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

He's more popular than tool 'round these parts ;)

Quit stEALIN' ALL THE GLORY GOM!!
also, Avatar!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

It's been a long time coming but I'm firmly in Mog's camp now. Tool has jumped the shark. Puscifer? Blah. Volto!? Pfffffft. MTVoid? Fart. Vintering, fishing-trips, babies, marriage? Blech. Whatever dudes, stop dicking around and putting off the tunes. Bunch of lazy-ass, candy-ass, over-the-hill, creatively-tapped out hipsters. I'll probably hang on to the cd's (maybe) and listen to 'em every once-in-a-blue-moon but other than that, meh. Heck, if anyone wants my copy of Salival or any tour posters or any other crap of theirs I have, probably all yours if you want it.
Last edited by markuspoop on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like to poop naked.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Wow- people get all fucking bent out of shape because of a show (and possibly a couple more) in Mexico, that won't effect the upcoming album one way or another.

If people are really "over with Tool", quit being a fucking attention whore troll and move on from said message boards. Ain't that difficult if you really mean it. It's like listening to the worthless asshole co-worker complain about his job for a decade.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Fourthwhine.net
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^ haha

So the wife got the days off of work. We are Mexico bound in March! Am I crazy to go out there to see Tool and Primus? Yes. I have never seen Primus. I have seen Les Claypools side bands 3 times and had a blast. My wife and I have always wanted to explore the ruins out there in Mexico and what a better excuse then to include Tool to the vacation. Very happy she agreed to do this. Ha. I asked her the night it was announce as a goof but she took it seriously. Now if they play in Cali I will kind of feel foolish but I guess that just means I get to see them again. Saw them in Vegas Jan 2013 and the setlist was:

Hooker With a Penis
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
Ænema
And if they play that same setlist I would not care. What ever they play I will be happy with. ;)
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I've never seen Primus either, & seeing them and tool in Mexico sounds like it'd be a blast. Id go if I lived anywhere near it, sure. New album or not itd be another show before they're gone.

Hope you guys have an awesome time :)
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

markuspoop wrote:It's been a long time coming but I'm firmly in Mog's camp now. Tool has jumped the shark. Puscifer? Blah. Volto!? Pfffffft. MTVoid? Fart. Vintering, fishing-trips, babies, marriage? Blech. Whatever dudes, stop dicking around and putting off the tunes. Bunch of lazy-ass, candy-ass, over-the-hill, creatively-tapped out hipster. I'll probably hang on to the cd's (maybe) and listen to 'em every once-in-a-blue-moon but other than that, meh. Heck, if anyone wants my copy of Salival or any tour posters or any other crap of theirs I have, probably all yours if you want it.
You can't be serious. Please tell me you are joking. If you actually feel that way you need help...

Listen to yourself:

"How dare TOOL spend their time living their lives, and getting married, and having babies, when they should be slaving away on a new album for us groovy fans. We have been SO gracious and patient and humble. We deserve TOOL's undying gratitude in return for all the time us "intelligent people" have been waiting and all the money we have given them for THEIR art and THEIR music. I am giving away all their merchandise and albums because it has been WAY too long since they have given us a new "product". I am going to boycott TOOL. Let's start a protest against them and force them to release a new album. FUCK TOOL, THOSE LAZY, UNPROFESSIONAL FUCKING BASTARDS." -a selfish, heartless cunt

Yet, how much do any of us ACTUALLY KNOW about what is happening in the world of TOOL? Nothing...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I know Danny looks pretty funny in golf shorts. Showin' off those mammoth tree-trunks he calls legs.
also, Avatar!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

markuspoop wrote:Tool has jumped the shark. Puscifer? Blah. Volto!? Vintering, fishing-trips, babies, marriage? Blech. Whatever dudes, stop dicking around and putting off the tunes. Bunch of lazy-ass, candy-ass, over-the-hill, creatively-tapped out hipsters.

I disagree with the hipster part. I'll bet ya NONE of them Tool guys has ever shed tears while listening to the Arcade Fire after a protest march on climate change.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

children wrote: "How dare TOOL spend their time living their lives, and getting married, and having babies, when they should be slaving away on a new album for us groovy fans.
They're not exactly "slaving away" though are they. I'd hardly call jamming on new material in a funky ass, gadget filled loft "slaving away".

That's a music fan's wet dream.

Finish the fucking album already.
Yet, how much do any of us ACTUALLY KNOW about what is happening in the world of TOOL? Nothing...
Last Thursday, Adam bought a toothbrush and later that same day, Danny and Justin had an argument over who would have made a better replacement on Two And A Half Men than Ashton Kutcher.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Praying for a New Orleans date as well.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

November Newsletter is up, May Jay is writing. Can this bring just a bit of joy around here? It's good news, after all.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

He should have been writing 5 years ago, lazy assholes.
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

That newsletter didn't sound very promising.

Maynard is "writing" or so it is to be presumed...but the others are all - yup - off on holiday again.

Looks like I can forget about celebrating a new release in November 2014.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Their lives sound pretty fucking awesome, fuck the new album, let them enjoy the fruits of their labour.

When it's done, it's done.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

It's written in English!!!!!
Generic triangle avatar lives on.