How will Tool approach the design of the new album?

The Main Event
Takeo
Has been

Re: How will Tool approach the design of the new album?

Post by Takeo »

Maybe the led makes the brass artwork reflect golden on a black background. Thinking Pulp Fiction here lol. Or a golden pyramid design shining from the eye of providence.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

Ok so a 4"screen....a book...….cd(79mins)……..digital download(85mins)……..this sounds interesting.
go taff!
myke
Maynard Believer

Post by myke »

So this is basically what we are getting with the physical release. It's a tri-fold video brochure, opens up like this with the screen in the middle and the speakers will probably be embedded on the left and right sides. Image
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

nice find! so how much video do you think is able to be played on this setup ? i heard some people calling these ''photo frames'' and werent too impressed. not going by that cause a lot of people are idiots and complain about stuff they prob arent even sure of. Can you transfer the video to your computer i wonder ? hmm

it is a big gimmicky if its just exclusive video that stays on that. im sure someone will figure out how to do something with it other then recording it onto your phone or video camera. even if not thats better then nothing. pretty excited to see what they did with this.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm sure some smart cookie will work out how to get the video off the device and onto Youtube
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:23 am I'm sure some smart cookie will work out how to get the video off the device and onto Youtube
indeed! i just saw someone that has some speakers ready to be changed out for the 2 watt ones it comes with. i love it when poeple mod stuff to make it better! i hope that works out for this dude!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

A HISTORY OF TOOL’S ELABORATE ALBUM PACKAGING

Tool’s long-delayed 2019 album, Fear Inoculum, features another in the band's long line of boundary pushing when it comes to LP packaging.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/tool-album-packaging/
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.