How will Tool approach the design of the new album?

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: How will Tool approach the design of the new album?

Post by Kittaan »

Ditto: I don't think it's their INTENSION. Heh.

I just think that's how it shakes out for the reasons noted above.
Ki77aan :twisted:
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
joeypants wrote:I'm with Hellboy. I don't think they have any intention of this being the last one. They don't seem to openly think in terms like that. Now, whether this ends up the last one? Odds are probably very good but I hope not, and personally am betting it isn't.
oh i totally agree i dont think any of the members actually think its their last album... but i think its going to be. They just dont seem to have the drive to carry Tool for another 10 years. I bet we get this new CD and a long Hiatus and then word of a live Tool DVD, they have lots of stuff recorded and i think that will be their way of continuing Tool. Just my opinion tho
They don't have lots of stuff recorded for a DVD.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

'][' [[]] [[]] ][, wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
joeypants wrote:I'm with Hellboy. I don't think they have any intention of this being the last one. They don't seem to openly think in terms like that. Now, whether this ends up the last one? Odds are probably very good but I hope not, and personally am betting it isn't.
oh i totally agree i dont think any of the members actually think its their last album... but i think its going to be. They just dont seem to have the drive to carry Tool for another 10 years. I bet we get this new CD and a long Hiatus and then word of a live Tool DVD, they have lots of stuff recorded and i think that will be their way of continuing Tool. Just my opinion tho
They don't have lots of stuff recorded for a DVD.
According to Danny they do.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

How will Tool approach the design of the new album?

Post by xZ1mM3r »

From an interview with Loudwire:

In addition, he adds that Tool have a massive amount of live material that may be released on a CD or DVD form in the future. "We have tons of stuff recorded," says Carey. "I hope we do make that happen one of these days. We have lots of video stuff too, we could do a DVD or two whenever we get around to it. We're kind of trying to focus on the new thing right now, so we'll go back at some point and do it."
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Little do we know they have 3 albums written already, and will slowly trickle them out over the next 5 years. Speculation is pointless.

You can put me on the side that this next one will not be the last one, if were speculating.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

My understanding, from various sources (including Jr), is that they have tons of soundboards going back to the first gigs, and years of single camera vids (from the soundboard area). There was also an attempt to document the last leg of Lateralus with multi-camera views, but for some reason it didn't meet the band's expectations.

There has been so much conjecture on this topic... it's really anybody's guess what they'll release eventually, but I think most fans with an interest in this agree that we will likely not see a live DVD until Tool is officially over as a touring band. It's a shame, and bums me out (and I still hope that's not the case), but it sure seems likely.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Look to Terrence Malick for an example of a notoriously slow and meticulous artist who began cranking out work as he got older and started to see the end looming on the horizon. Granted, I haven't seen To The Wonder yet and the trailer looks like it's a bit of a second-string entry for him, but he's still one of my all-time favorite filmmakers. He's also a possible cautionary tale about what happens when artists like that start really upping their productivity after years of not doing so. Hopefully his next couple of efforts are better and more unique.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I have no doubt the Tool have plenty of footage of themselves live. What I don't think they have is enough quality HD footage to make a DVD worthwhile.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'm sure any HD footage is from 2006 onward. That said, you don't necessarily need HD masters in order to release a DVD. I'm sure whatever pro-shot footage they have from the 2002 run would be just fine for release.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

joeypants wrote:I'm sure any HD footage is from 2006 onward. That said, you don't necessarily need HD masters in order to release a DVD. I'm sure whatever pro-shot footage they have from the 2002 run would be just fine for release.
I don't recall any show from 2006 onward that had camera crews present. And the pro-shot footage they do have from 2002 wasn't up to their standards apparently. We'll know a DVD is in the works when they start filming it. Its hard to miss all the equipment required to film a live concert.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I just meant they would have consumer or pro-sumer grade HD cameras shooting from the soundboard from 2006 onward. They weren't that prevalent back in the Lateralus days.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:How will Tool approach the design of the new album?
I can't believe I missed this one.....
I think...

ahem...

from behind.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

With Elbows
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

With e bows- Dodgamnit
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

With beethtalls. Futhermuck!
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

something tells me there will be a black tone cd artwork.....
go taff!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

well, they've officially contacted me to choreograph their next video based on my previous work:

[youtube][/youtube]
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

^ Now I dislike that song even more.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

'][' [[]] [[]] ][, wrote:^ Now I dislike that song even more.
QUIET YOU MONKEY
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Heres a picture of Tool hard at work on the new album....... :lol:

Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

How Will Tool Approach The New Album TOUR? Hopefully Adam and Junior expand a little bit and get crazy. More lasers? Different back drop for sure? Even more screens?

Maybe something like the 26 minture mark? That would be cool!

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote:How Will Tool Approach The New Album TOUR? Hopefully Adam and Junior expand a little bit and get crazy. More lasers? Different back drop for sure? Even more screens?

Maybe something like the 26 minture mark? That would be cool!

New thread!!! Very interested to see what's coming there too. I assume this (hopefully last) leg of 10K Days won't deviate much from the last.

Junior recently checked in, so hopefully he will share his thoughts when he can.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I don't think this mini tour will change much. But hopefully with the album tour they will. I liked how in 2012-13 they were kind of minimalistic for the first couple of tunes. Opening with Hooker and old school lighting made it seem vintage at first, and they worked their way into giant 46 and 2 screens. It was cool. I hope they just keep adding stuff though. I actually much prefer the random visuals on the screens, or kaleidoscopic views, rather than the same old stinkfist video or whatever.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

I hope it's a pink CD case and a lime green CD. Oh and the Case just has "tool" on the front in lowercase letters.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

day-glo pink/green ??
go taff!