Did they provide tubes for posters at the Spokane show?

The Main Event
brewdog123
RIP

Did they provide tubes for posters at the Spokane show?

Post by brewdog123 »

SSIA
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Re: Did they provide tubes for posters at the Spokane show?

Post by badkittygothgirl »

They generally do not. In tours past, they have provided a triangle shaped fold up tube for signed posters. My suggestion is to bring your own tube. I definitely recommend getting a clear one with a strap. You can pick them up at an artist's store (not Michael's or Hobby Lobby). In Atlanta, I recommend going to Sam Flaxx and picking up one of these.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl wrote:They generally do not. In tours past, they have provided a triangle shaped fold up tube for signed posters. My suggestion is to bring your own tube. I definitely recommend getting a clear one with a strap. You can pick them up at an artist's store (not Michael's or Hobby Lobby). In Atlanta, I recommend going to Sam Flaxx and picking up one of these.
Have you ever had an issue getting them in Kat? Can't remember which show(s) but I believe in Reno 2012 and Sac 2010, they were sending people back to their cars with those types of tubes. I can see some venues having an issue with people bringing in what they consider to be potential weapons.

Otherwise, that is definitely the way to go if you want your poster to remain pristine.
Ki77aan :twisted:
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

yeah, i kno they havent done it in the past, but i thought maybe they changed things
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

I have not had issues bringing a tube into a venue. I guess it would depend on the security and the venue. I usually just explain that it is to protect the poster I am going to buy at the merch booth. Maybe I have jedi powers.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I have not had issues bringing a tube into a venue. I guess it would depend on the security and the venue. I usually just explain that it is to protect the poster I am going to buy at the merch booth. Maybe I have jedi powers.
No you have TITS. Always a game changer.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Iv been to Tool shows with and with out poster tubes. Its a real inconvenience when they are not provided, especially if yours ends up damaged during a concert or long night. So, if you are really concerned, or even bringing up this topic, id bring your own.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

M0G wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:I have not had issues bringing a tube into a venue. I guess it would depend on the security and the venue. I usually just explain that it is to protect the poster I am going to buy at the merch booth. Maybe I have jedi powers.
No you have TITS. Always a game changer.

Hahaha...and sweet, innocent puppy dog eyes that work every time.
Jinni11
Maynard Believer

Post by Jinni11 »

You should get there early. And bring 2 large pieces of cardboard. Buy your posters and put them in between the cardboard and take em to your car. That way they never get rolled up and they stay in mint condition!
rgardjr
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rgardjr »

There were no tubes provided at the Spokane show. They had a pile of rubber bands. I brought a tube, but didn't end up using it. The paper stock that the posters were printed on was very thick. I didn't think I could roll the posters up and fit them in the tube without bending/damage-I brought a small diameter tube my mistake. I rolled mine and rubber banded them. I took them to the guest service booth and they held them there for the show. They even gave me a numbered claim check. The guy immediately in front of me had his rolled up inside a plastic bag and laying on the floor. At some point a beer got kicked over and his posters were partially sitting in the puddle of beer until I pointed it out to him.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

That is a good point. At some of the arenas, guest services will hold your poster for you. Not all venues will do this.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Dallas night 1 2013:
Several of us showed up uber early and brought our own tubes.
Security lady came out and said we can't bring in tubes. Several of us got a little peeved and explained our intentions.
She went inside, talked to security and merch managers. Sold us stuff 2 hours before doors so we could walk it out to our cars. (no signed b/c they arrived 20 minutes after doors)
I imagine pre-doors sales are probably a rarity.
In/out was allowed once at this show and I took my signed prints outside once I got em.

I am going to bring a tube.
If they say no tubes I'll ask for in/out privilege so I can put them in my car.
If they allow tubes, then all is OK.

If they say no tubes and no in/out I'll ask for security manager. Like I said before ask nicely, explain you have expensive stuff (I'll probably have at least 2 signed and 2 unsigned) that you don't want damaged and it should work out.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
nsfw dave
Bronco's Fan

Post by nsfw dave »

are the merch booths open to the vip entrants? im going to the vegas show and curious if i would be able to deal with the poster issue between the soundcheck and the show
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

nsfw dave wrote:are the merch booths open to the vip entrants? im going to the vegas show and curious if i would be able to deal with the poster issue between the soundcheck and the show
BKGG reposted a VIP review from Spokane in the Spokane thread. That person said they got first dibs on merch and at a unconfirmed discounted price. That person also said they were not allowed to leave the venue and come back in early. They could leave, but had to get back in the normal line with all us other folks.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 wrote:BKGG reposted a VIP review from Spokane in the Spokane thread. That person said they got first dibs on merch and at a unconfirmed discounted price. That person also said they were not allowed to leave the venue and come back in early. They could leave, but had to get back in the normal line with all us other folks.
This isn't exactly true. The VIPs had their own line that they waited in to get back into the venue in Spokane. They let them in about 10 minutes earlier than the rest of us. I showed up about 25 minutes before the doors opened and noticed two lines. One long line and one short line-the short line was for the VIPs.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

That's good to know! It would suck to be thrown back in with gen pop after spending $500+.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

rgardjr wrote:
bigboy55693 wrote:BKGG reposted a VIP review from Spokane in the Spokane thread. That person said they got first dibs on merch and at a unconfirmed discounted price. That person also said they were not allowed to leave the venue and come back in early. They could leave, but had to get back in the normal line with all us other folks.
This isn't exactly true. The VIPs had their own line that they waited in to get back into the venue in Spokane. They let them in about 10 minutes earlier than the rest of us. I showed up about 25 minutes before the doors opened and noticed two lines. One long line and one short line-the short line was for the VIPs.
Thanks for the clarification.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
ncast2523

Post by ncast2523 »

rgardjr wrote:
We didn't exactly leave, we were brought back to the room we did the meet and greet in. They ushered us over and we waited about 10 minutes until security let us back in. Signed posters were not available until this point. If you actually left, you were back in the regular line. Security was with us the whole time so we didn't need to get re searched.