Adam says new album complete and will arrive 2014. - HOAX

The Main Event
alicetooljam
Maynard Believer

Re: Adam says new album complete and will arrive 2014. - HOA

Post by alicetooljam »

This HOAX is now showing up in "trending" on facebook, with multiple websites reporting it as truth, as well as SPIN...nuts.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

alicetooljam wrote:This HOAX is now showing up in "trending" on facebook, with multiple websites reporting it as truth, as well as SPIN...nuts.
bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
The most intelligent person on this forum
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

From May Jay's Puscifer Instagram:

"Joke. Pure joke. Not even close to being done."

At least he's honest.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Serious face palm.

But I don't blame Adam for this (for being an incredibly lazy fuck, YES, but not for the joke) it's clearly some asshat trying to get a headline. Mission accomplished.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Why not blame Adam? If you're going to open the floor up to any question and charge fans 500 fucking dollars then expect for shit to blow up in your face when you try to be a smart ass about answering new album questions. The only thing Adam is working diligently on are new ways to duck and dodge new album questions.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Oh shit, I don't want to be put in the position of justifying any of this shit. Never mind.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

joeypants wrote:
hellboy wrote:Specifically this photo from July:

Didn't you say it was almost impossible for a band of Tool's size to record an album in complete secrecy?
Not sure if I said impossible, but I reckon it would be highly unlikely.
That's from the Loft though. I highly doubt, given their recording history, that they'd record there. Also, the hashtag indicates they were probably just demoing. But who knows.

If anything, I'd imagine at most he said the writing is "100% done" and they're hoping to record it this year. Spring 2015 release.

edit: Finished thread and see that someone already sussed this out.
If Bowie can record secretly, there's no reason why Tool can't
Ahhh, Infotainment!
tantobourne
Bronco's Fan

Post by tantobourne »

Bill Hilly wrote:Thanks for confirming. What remarks did he make about impatient fans? .
He remarked that it's not hard to see fans impatience when he checks Facebook and immediately gets a slew of "where's the next fucking album?" comments.

He's not against it. As he said (not verbatim) "I'd rather see fans bitching about a new album because that means we still have fans that care."

When he made the remark about the album it was in response to a person's question I didn't hear. His response was tongue in cheek because he really didn't have anything solid to report.

I'd elaborate more but I made the mistake up signing up for this forum account using tap talk on my phone and for some reason can't log directly into the site to post via web page even if I try a password reset.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I think they "could," it's just highly unlikely for a variety of reasons. First being that I don't think they really care to, and it doesn't fit with them usually using multiple studios to track the various instruments. You can't keep leaks away when you do that usually.

Also, you all really shouldn't hold anything against Adam for this bullshit rumor going around. Sarcasm and humor shouldn't be taken so seriously and I think we all knew from moment one that someone (excuse me, some utter prick) intentionally took something out of context to get hits for their website. This happens all the time in every area of the entertainment industry.
yourself
Maynard Believer

Post by yourself »

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Brilliant marketing!
Professor of Lesbian Science
alicetooljam
Maynard Believer

Post by alicetooljam »

yourself wrote:
I think...Adam is really kidding that he WAS kidding...its HAPPENING! I just picked up "Titty Sprinkles" from my local record store :o
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

joeypants wrote:I think they "could," it's just highly unlikely for a variety of reasons. First being that I don't think they really care to, and it doesn't fit with them usually using multiple studios to track the various instruments. You can't keep leaks away when you do that usually.

Also, you all really shouldn't hold anything against Adam for this bullshit rumor going around. Sarcasm and humor shouldn't be taken so seriously and I think we all knew from moment one that someone (excuse me, some utter prick) intentionally took something out of context to get hits for their website. This happens all the time in every area of the entertainment industry.
Oh I'm sure they could do whatever they needed to in order to keep it hush hush and maintain their recording M.O.. And it definitely agree, not Adam's fault. I wonder if the person who generated the story was a rabid, resentful fan, a retarded Russian or a journalis ignoramus.... No, I have nothing against Russians
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Aaaaaah.

New album? I don't think so.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Darkt
Maynard Believer

Post by Darkt »

When they release the album I hope it's a country album about wine and Arizona.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Bill Hilly wrote:Why not blame Adam? If you're going to open the floor up to any question and charge fans 500 fucking dollars then expect for shit to blow up in your face when you try to be a smart ass about answering new album questions. The only thing Adam is working diligently on are new ways to duck and dodge new album questions.
Fucking THIS.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I think the fan was planted and the album is done. this is just disinformation.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:I think the fan was planted and the album is done. this is just disinformation.
^

Smoke screen
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

A decoy fan. Holy shit, my mind is blown.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

well I was there...in Portland vip.... he did say album done and will be out tomorrow.....then he said just kidding....we all laughed...then he explained the process.
go taff!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

bigboy55693 wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:I think the fan was planted and the album is done. this is just disinformation.
^

Smoke screen
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Any other information of interest coming out of these Q & A's? I'm avoiding those tour threads due to spoilers.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:Any other information of interest coming out of these Q & A's? I'm avoiding those tour threads due to spoilers.
Not that much RP. I appreciate the few who have shared so far but definitely not expecting any revelations. Frankly I feel like an idiot for hemorrhaging all that money for a fairly weak experience. Sure hope I feel differently afterwards.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Any other information of interest coming out of these Q & A's? I'm avoiding those tour threads due to spoilers.
Not that much RP. I appreciate the few who have shared so far but definitely not expecting any revelations. Frankly I feel like an idiot for hemorrhaging all that money for a fairly weak experience. Sure hope I feel differently afterwards.
I heard in Eugene they sound checked a new song. And during the Q and A Maynard came out and answered a few questions for like 5 minutes
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
I heard in Eugene they sound checked a new song. And during the Q and A Maynard came out and answered a few questions for like 5 minutes
wasn't that just the new schism intro? maybe they played it a bit longer this time. in my opinion, it sounds like new material. did you enjoy the show?