Tool Recordings/Videos

The Main Event
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: Tool Recordings/Videos

Post by Ettan »

Just create an account on dimeadozen.org and download there. So far Spokane and Portland has been uploaded.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:Just create an account on dimeadozen.org and download there. So far Spokane and Portland has been uploaded.
oh sweet! i havent heard of that site before. thanks
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

xZ1mM3r wrote:dont know how HB or fourtheye in general feels about Tool bootlegs and recordings but i thought id put this out there
From what I have seen most on here are apathetic about bootleg audio/video.... unless you try and profit from it.

There are a couple tapers that hang out around the forum from time to time (last I talked with one was 2 forums ago). Don't remember their names but they may be around here still.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

No problems with bootlegs being thrown around the site, as long as they are distributed freely.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Right after they make a donation to fourtheye, of course.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

If anyone cares, here's galens blog that he never updates. http://dadinthemidst.wordpress.com/
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

I need help. I've been cooperating with a few people trying to figure out a possible way to create a website similar to CU BUT with a download option.

I have a Tool collection containing 900 gigabytes and I need to get it uploaded somehow. Does anyone have any tips on this? I'd prefer if it all was free but if I have to pay a bit that's ok. I really want to do this, I really really want to get this done. Someone please help.

Internet speed: 152,95Mbit/s up, 183,21Mbit/s down. :geek:
gerbil
My pain is just an excuse

Post by gerbil »

I don't suppose anyone wouldn't mind throwing just some IEMs or sbds my way via PM?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:I need help. I've been cooperating with a few people trying to figure out a possible way to create a website similar to CU BUT with a download option.

I have a Tool collection containing 900 gigabytes and I need to get it uploaded somehow. Does anyone have any tips on this? I'd prefer if it all was free but if I have to pay a bit that's ok. I really want to do this, I really really want to get this done. Someone please help.

i like this idea. There has to be a way to do it.... somehow if you could upload at incredible rates, or distribute it out through a bunch of us and we can all upload small portions? then youd just have to get it to us and if you could do that then you might as well upload it all yourself haha. I like this idea tho.... 99% of tool tapers or collectors are just hoarders... it would be amazing to through a wrench in that and just make it readily available to everyone for free
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Ettan wrote:I need help. I've been cooperating with a few people trying to figure out a possible way to create a website similar to CU BUT with a download option.

i like this idea. There has to be a way to do it.... somehow if you could upload at incredible rates, or distribute it out through a bunch of us and we can all upload small portions? then youd just have to get it to us and if you could do that then you might as well upload it all yourself haha. I like this idea tho.... 99% of tool tapers or collectors are just hoarders... it would be amazing to through a wrench in that and just make it readily available to everyone for free
Lock in "torrent", Eddie.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The Boss wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:

Lock in "torrent", Eddie.
huh?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Step 1. Start a blog
Step 2. Upload each individual show to https://mega.co.nz/
Step 3. Catalogue them on said blog

Will take a fuck load of your time but you're a tool fan, it's not like you're doing anything better with your life.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Not Tyson wrote:Step 1. Start a blog
Step 2. Upload each individual show to https://mega.co.nz/
Step 3. Catalogue them on said blog

Will take a fuck load of your time but you're a tool fan, it's not like you're doing anything better with your life.
That would take me aprox 300 hours, 12 days. But yeah, It's possible. Doesn't mega links turn into premium links after while like speedyshare?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

No idea, there is always mediafire, but then the same problem perhaps.

Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

The easiest solution would be hosting a server on dc++ and just share my collection from there.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:The easiest solution would be hosting a server on dc++ and just share my collection from there.
Hey Ettan, i sent you a PM reply, just had a question about the 2001 Eugene show... kinda cuts out in a few places between songs, like it doesnt sound like the audio matches during 2 separate track switches, not a big deal jsut wondering if maybe i had the wrong song order?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Ettan wrote:The easiest solution would be hosting a server on dc++ and just share my collection from there.
Hey Ettan, i sent you a PM reply, just had a question about the 2001 Eugene show... kinda cuts out in a few places between songs, like it doesnt sound like the audio matches during 2 separate track switches, not a big deal jsut wondering if maybe i had the wrong song order?
Nothing is missing or wrong order, this is how the taper sent out the files.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Copy it all to external Hd's. Many, many of them. Then simply mail us all one. Problem solved >.>
also, Avatar!
gerbil
My pain is just an excuse

Post by gerbil »

Okay. Best copy of the extended Opiate, anyone?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

The San Francisco recording is the best imo.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Interesting video. Early Undertow era Tool. show in London where Justin plays bass for Paul on Sober:

Sober starts around the 19 minute mark. Pity the recorder is so focused on MJK.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

What's the story behind that clip? Was Paul already on his way out and Justin was auditioning?
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The bands were acquaintances from what i understand. So i think it would be equivalent to MJK playing with Deftones or Danny drumming for Primus. Just a cool thing and no one probably read too deep into it.. but little did they know....
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

hellboy wrote:Interesting video. Early Undertow era Tool. show in London where Justin plays bass for Paul on Sober:

Sober starts around the 19 minute mark. Pity the recorder is so focused on MJK.
that's the "Shepherds Bush" 94' video..that was actually recorded by the bands management for promotional purposes ( it was ultimately issued on promotional VHS cassettes by Zoo Entertainment, along with another promo video from the Oakland 95' show)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46018790@N03/sets/

Audio-Technica u853 (c/o)
Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X