Traders Nest

The Main Event
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Re: Traders Nest

Post by nameloc »

there's nothing positive about this. people are uploading recordings that they had nothing to do with on an extremely open/public forum (YouTube) knowing full well the band does not like taping to begin with. I can guarantee you that no "RARE" recordings will be uploaded there..and no greater good is being served.
Its just another attempt by people who likely don't record themselves to attach themselves to something that they should not be. All of those recordings have been circulating for years.. and this will be, BY NO MEANS, a complete recording history..NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE.
Maybe they can start "remastering" all of the recordings too.. :roll:

"No. We are uploading video as well, plus things that aren't included in the ToolDrive." -would this be material that was requested by the tapers/filmers to not be torrented..?
-If you are involved in this, please do not upload any of my shit on YouTube.

Why is there constant mention of the Tool Drive project..? just get a Tool Drive if you're interested.. although I guess that would require some minimal effort and interaction.
Last edited by nameloc on Wed May 21, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46018790@N03/sets/

Audio-Technica u853 (c/o)
Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I'm just waiting for the 4K video remasters to start.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hmmmm. I retract my "great project" comment. That kinda sucks.
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

It doesn't bother me one bit haha. Let em upload whatever the hell they want. It's not like YouTube isn't already flooded with dozens and dozens of full tool shows already look at Burnt Amber on YouTube. Hundreds of shows. Who cares who taped it and who should get credit who is attaching their name to something. Big deal. I watch the shows on YouTube.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

It appears the reddit thread got deleted. hmmmm. too much backlash maybe?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Seems like a strange thread to be deleted. Not sure what the Mods reasoning was.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

The original poster deleted it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

That's an interesting read. Those ToolVault dudes sound like assholes.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Who cares who taped it and who should get credit who is attaching their name to something. Big deal. I watch the shows on YouTube.
Short sighted view. Quality boots are not easy to make, and if you (collective you) piss off the tapers they may decide to not release their shit to the public (this is already happening I'm sure). Yes, somebody will always record Tool shows going forward, but there is a HUGE quality spectrum, and the really good shit may dry up. These guys put a lot of time, energy and money into their rigs and sacrifice at least some of their experience to getting quality boots... the least we can do as viewers is respect their wishes. Also, as Nameloc pointed out, why bring more attention from Tool or their lawyers and risk a concerted effort to shut it down?
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

Kittaan wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:Who cares who taped it and who should get credit who is attaching their name to something. Big deal. I watch the shows on YouTube.
Short sighted view. Quality boots are not easy to make, and if you (collective you) piss off the tapers they may decide to not release their shit to the public (this is already happening I'm sure). Yes, somebody will always record Tool shows going forward, but there is a HUGE quality spectrum, and the really good shit may dry up. These guys put a lot of time, energy and money into their rigs and sacrifice at least some of their experience to getting quality boots... the least we can do as viewers is respect their wishes. Also, as Nameloc pointed out, why bring more attention from Tool or their lawyers and risk a concerted effort to shut it down?
believe it or not... there is almost as much stuff UNCIRCULATED as there is stuff circulating. The reason is the guys (and gals) that make the recordings dont want them getting into the hands of people that would use them in some kind of nefarious activity...which, happens often. Everytime someone does something like this.. the wrench gets tighter around the uncirculated stuff due to the complete disrespect and thoughtlessness of a few. Everyone likes to bitch about the "hoarders",.. but they tend not to think of why stuff isn't released sometimes. Blame the actions and attitudes of those "few".. they are the ones that ruin it.

Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Their channel has been deleted. Maybe it was for the best, was fun while it lasted.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I have a very nice collection of quality recordings. I can always trade in the future. But while I'm at work, YouTube does just fine.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Definite highlight of the Tool show here in Adelaide in 2002:

I'm going to have to chase down the rest of this bootleg....
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

It's up on dime if you're wondering.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:It's up on dime if you're wondering.
Yep, saw that in the comments. Have downloaded and will take a listen in the morning.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

So I ended up purchasing tickets to STHLM Fields which is tomorrow and I'm considering taping Mastadon and Gojira with my h4n. I can imagine it turning out horrible but I might do it just for the experience. Any tips on how I should trespass the security? I would imagine that they barely check anything besides the arms, legs and stomach area. Putting it in my underwear is probably the best alternative..
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ettan wrote:So I ended up purchasing tickets to STHLM Fields which is tomorrow and I'm considering taping Mastadon and Gojira with my h4n. I can imagine it turning out horrible but I might do it just for the experience. Any tips on how I should trespass the security? I would imagine that they barely check anything besides the arms, legs and stomach area. Putting it in my underwear is probably the best alternative..
And try to get frisked by a chick security guard.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Brought my recorder with me but left it in the car.
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

Ettan wrote:Brought my recorder with me but left it in the car.
they work better when you take them in.. :P

Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Really regret that I didn't tape Gojira. Wanna relive that experience
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Anyone here got the tool drive update email? So excited
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What did it say?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

APC Drive will launch July 1st, Tool DVD Drive coming soon... WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS!! New search engine coming soon, lets say you want the best of the best, now you can easily search for the best on a website. Simple yet useful.

That APC Drive makes me so excited.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

New 2014 show surfaced on dime. I won't bother downloading it though since the 2014 has to be the most mediocre tour yet. Anyway, here's a sample http://www.livepeace.org/Tool_2014-03-07_Eugene.html
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:New 2014 show surfaced on dime. I won't bother downloading it though since the 2014 has to be the most mediocre tour yet. Anyway, here's a sample http://www.livepeace.org/Tool_2014-03-07_Eugene.html
dont think this is new? Ive had this since the week after that show. Good show none the less