New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:03 am Hopefully they leave it and try it next tour. I really do see that song potentially being a bit of a mess live.

Have seen them struggle on 3rd eye two separate times and took me out of the performance both times.
Yet every time I've heard them play Eulogy it's been flawless, strange.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:03 am Hopefully they leave it and try it next tour. I really do see that song potentially being a bit of a mess live.

Have seen them struggle on 3rd eye two separate times and took me out of the performance both times.
your nutz! some screw ups take you out of the show? that sucks. not me. a lot of times screw ups arent as noticable when your they're. id rather hear as much new stuff as possible or at least tempest with the other two or whatever it is off the new one.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:07 am

Yet every time I've heard them play Eulogy it's been flawless, strange.
You're a terrible human being you know that? :lol:

Bob I'm not talking a minor hiccup they've Ballsed it up both times. Id just rather the other new songs they've been playing over 7empest , then give us something extra sense to look forward too for tour number 2 if/when that happens
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

lost oppurtunity! i still think they are going to play it. they've been rehearsing it since the last part of the tour or so. awhile ago i figured australia would get it but not NA till the next time around. will see but im hopeful its coming. whats that..about 4 hours from now? i like this 12 hours ahead stuff. hehe.
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Mmm I don’t think I can resist checking the Perth setlist, already eager to see how the first AU show plays out.

Not fussed if they play 7empest or not, kinda means it’ll remove other track, possibly two.

Anyone attend the Perth VIP and can confirm what was sound checked??
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

With the east coast being on fucking fire the past months (and we got floods here as well this week ffs!) it's a perfect time to play 7empest in Oz
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

oh geeze!
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Two weekends ago our local cricket club had to cancel games because it was too hot ("extreme heat"), last weekend the games were rained out (wettest Sydney weekend since 1998) and this weekend games are back on... but for some reason parts of the club have no power.

That's a nice snapshot of Australia here in February :)

Aenema, Flood and 7empest would all be appropriately titled songs for this latest Aussie tour.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

bob wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 pm if they dont play Tempest now M has to leave the band! i get waiting for the 2nd round of NA even though thats kinda ghey anyway but its time to bust that out for the down under.
I think it's kind of unfair to assume Maynard's holding the band back here. His parts aren't anymore difficult than the regular fare. I know Danny said M's not ready for it, but that's kinda the scripted response and it really seems like the whole band needs more time to iron out the kinks and get the levels right. That's gotta be a hard tune to play with arena acoustics.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Maynard controls the setlists, so the buck stops with him. I don't doubt that it's a hard tune to nail though, and that the band will only play it when they are collectively comfortable they will do it justice.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

From what I remember in an interview or on toolband it was during practicing 10,000 Days the band often went completely astray and just didn't where they were in the song. I imagine this can be the case with more longer songs. 7empest does have a lot of variety in it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeh that's where I am coming from with my view on 7empest. I'd rather them iron the song out and see it once they're more comfortable with playing it than a premier version which could be a little over the shop. Plus descending, pneuma, FI and invincible >7empest
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

tys0n wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:06 am Perth deserves jack shit, not even sold out, look at this primo ticket still available!

Well, to be fair, half of your country was on fire and is now flooding.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:36 pm
tys0n wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:06 am Perth deserves jack shit, not even sold out, look at this primo ticket still available!

Well, to be fair, half of your country was on fire and is now flooding.
Not in Perth it wasnt. Much smaller population than the other cities though. Still no excuses, that show should have been in Adelaide!
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Locked and loaded for Syd pt1&2 - if they omit Descending both nights and the posters are by that artist who paints cranial STDs sold at the Chicago gig.... I suppose I’ll pay to see them again, again.
Have you guys seen the Chicago poster? It’s easily the worst of FI tour imo. Hoping Syd will get the Joyce double layered jobs from Toronto. Anyone else going? Slim to no chance of set variation (7empest) after seeing Perth output but looking forward to it all. The tickets on sale at late notice are possibly from ppl buying Ticketek $10 refundable option and upgrading to a better seat as others are released, or just refunding altogether. Shame they aren’t heading down to Christchurch. Enjoy all who are going on this leg. Looking forward to the banter.
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

inequitude wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 pm Locked and loaded for Syd pt1&2 - if they omit Descending both nights and the posters are by that artist who paints cranial STDs sold at the Chicago gig.... I suppose I’ll pay to see them again, again.
Have you guys seen the Chicago poster? It’s easily the worst of FI tour imo. Hoping Syd will get the Joyce double layered jobs from Toronto. Anyone else going? Slim to no chance of set variation (7empest) after seeing Perth output but looking forward to it all. The tickets on sale at late notice are possibly from ppl buying Ticketek $10 refundable option and upgrading to a better seat as others are released, or just refunding altogether. Shame they aren’t heading down to Christchurch. Enjoy all who are going on this leg. Looking forward to the banter.
A challenger appears...

https://toolband.com/news/2019/gila-riv ... ur-poster/
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

I’d rather two mules staring off than a chicks head exploding with genital warts... but it is a worthy contender.
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

sonnyboy11 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 am
inequitude wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 pm Locked and loaded for Syd pt1&2 - if they omit Descending both nights and the posters are by that artist who paints cranial STDs sold at the Chicago gig.... I suppose I’ll pay to see them again, again.
A challenger appears...

https://toolband.com/news/2019/gila-riv ... ur-poster/
😆👏🏽

That poster is truly terrible...
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

I had a theory about 7empest...

I think they will hold out until the can nail it completely live. And I’m not fussed that I won’t hear until another 15 years on the next AU tour. I think they sound checked it for the VIP crowd, to give them something worth the ticket price.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

15 years ??

They'll be back in 2 years
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Thunderstorms for Sydney later today...

https://www.google.com.au/search?safe=s ... CAo&uact=5
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Bold prediction: Brian May makes an appearance on stage at some point tonight.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mattw wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:30 pm Thunderstorms for Sydney later today...

https://www.google.com.au/search?safe=s ... CAo&uact=5
A 7empest?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

inequitude wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:52 pm Bold prediction: Brian May makes an appearance on stage at some point tonight.
Brian may just do that.

I'll show myself the door.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Good calls Busty and Hellboy. Brian may appear.

And a 7empest would be a welcome addition...

I don't mind thunderstorms either.