Page 33 of 49

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:04 pm
by Busty McCracken
mattw wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 am
Busty McCracken wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:03 am
Man jerk off is an absolute beast of a song that I adore.

I bought salival on said holiday and saw them live the month before, so part of me was getting a special lashing. But yeah, I'd have to say jerk off is the better song, just part of me has a more significant memory.
I love how they are occasionally adding an old school track from Opiate or Undertow on these tours. Intolerance sounded fantastic last year but getting Part Of Me was really cool the other night. Anything like Hush, Part Of Me, Cold & Ugly or Jerk Off would be be a nice addition or replacement right now though given how well the band is playing. These old songs really do have an extra punch or hit being played live in 2020.
Absolutely, would love any of those songs. Just realistically part of me is the only possible chance we will get from opiate. Am glad to see they finally dusting off an old banger instead of just pulling out opiate.

And kittaan, stoked ya finally got descending! We will be seeing that next month no doubt! \m/

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:54 pm
by Kittaan
@ Norm - wish you could make it my friend. Just checked on down the street from the arena.

@ Busty - Thanks man. It was jaw droppingly good. If you are hitting consecutive gigs, there’s a very high likelihood you’ll get it. Fingers crossed. Hell, they might even *gasp* make another set list swap for the Aussie leg. It’s been known to happen.

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:18 pm
by Busty McCracken
I'll be happy with the current set if we get a split of descending/ part of me alternating nights. Have avoided bootlegs of this tour since the album dropped so Am pissing myself with excitement at seeing these new songs especially and the production that comes with it. Along with the fact that from all accounts Maynard is partying again like it's 2001

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 pm
by 6ucces
Speaking of the tour, will they ever release a Live Blu Ray from the tour? If any band should do this, it should be Tool! I'll be pissed at them if they don't is all I gotta say...

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:44 pm
by junior
MobileVortex wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:53 pm
was it 8:34 PM when you took the picture?
Yeah. That.

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm
by junior
joeypants wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:46 am
Junior, any insight as to why the side screens/extensions are gone this tour?

edit: also serious nerd question, but is that transmitter Adam seems to be wearing linked to the follow spots above?
The projection drape that starts the show got widened during the Christmas break. The side screens no longer fit in the space where they were, especially in the smaller arenas (like San Diego) so they were eliminated from the tour.
Part of the problem with making changes to a show over Christmastime is that details occasionally get dropped.
The video department is currently working on a plan to put some different side screens on that space, but it’s not a full plan yet.

The box you speak of is likely the receiver for his in-ear monitors.
We’re not using any automated follow devices, though there are a number of them on the market.

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm
by tys0n
I wonder if they are going to bring the ligma down under

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 pm
by junior
tys0n wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm
I wonder if they are going to bring the ligma down under
No comment.

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 pm
by Merkaba
Setlist.fm is currently showing The Patient (+ Parabola) played, can anyone else confirm that they played Patient tonight??!

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 pm
by Wychowski
Merkaba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 pm
Setlist.fm is currently showing The Patient (+ Parabola) played, can anyone else confirm that they played Patient tonight??!
I read somewhere that the Patient was heard during a recent sound check, with MJK.
...So i'm gonna say this one's ...'Plausible'!

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 pm
by Merkaba
Correct. That’s why I’m chasing for confirmation, and footage ;)
Wychowski wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 pm
Merkaba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 pm
Setlist.fm is currently showing The Patient (+ Parabola) played, can anyone else confirm that they played Patient tonight??!
I read somewhere that the Patient was heard during a recent sound check, with MJK.
...So i'm gonna say this one's ...'Plausible'!

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 pm
by Wychowski
Merkaba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 pm
Correct. That’s why I’m chasing for confirmation, and footage ;)
Wychowski wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 pm
Merkaba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 pm
Setlist.fm is currently showing The Patient (+ Parabola) played, can anyone else confirm that they played Patient tonight??!
I read somewhere that the Patient was heard during a recent sound check, with MJK.
...So i'm gonna say this one's ...'Plausible'!
Confirmed

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:32 pm
by Merkaba
Wychowski wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 pm
Merkaba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:12 pm
Correct. That’s why I’m chasing for confirmation, and footage ;)
Wychowski wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 pm


I read somewhere that the Patient was heard during a recent sound check, with MJK.
...So i'm gonna say this one's ...'Plausible'!
Confirmed
The Patient AND Swamp Song!!! :o

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 am
by tys0n
I'll never understand why 4 degrees is treated like a red headed step child.

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 am
by bob
Busty McCracken wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:03 am
Man jerk off is an absolute beast of a song that I adore.

I bought salival on said holiday and saw them live the month before, so part of me was getting a special lashing. But yeah, I'd have to say jerk off is the better song, just part of me has a more significant memory.
part of me sounds great on Salival/the 98 tour is regarded as the golden age from some people. that tour was pretty amazing. variety of songs night to night,M sounded better then ever. the Ozzfest shows were amazing,shorter set,higher energy. good memories of that time.

Jerk Off would be amazing to hear after all these years. i dont see it happening but that is a great tune. and in 98 they added a section to it and it sounded even better.

4 degrees is a great tune too. chalk it up to the same reason for not playing a lot of diff stuff. maah

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:35 am
by Merkaba
It didn’t take long for this to appear online... and man, it sounds fucking solid. I’d much prefer to hear this at one of the Melbourne shows over The Pot! And Swamp Song would be an added bonus!

EDIT: Just updated the video to the full version which includes Eon Blue. Hopefully the crowds reaction to the opening notes will be a sign for the band to continue including this in the upcoming setlist.


Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:13 am
by Busty McCracken
Yep, give me the patient over the pot every day of the week. Incredible song

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:41 am
by joeypants
junior wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm
joeypants wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:46 am
Junior, any insight as to why the side screens/extensions are gone this tour?

edit: also serious nerd question, but is that transmitter Adam seems to be wearing linked to the follow spots above?
The projection drape that starts the show got widened during the Christmas break. The side screens no longer fit in the space where they were, especially in the smaller arenas (like San Diego) so they were eliminated from the tour.
Part of the problem with making changes to a show over Christmastime is that details occasionally get dropped.
The video department is currently working on a plan to put some different side screens on that space, but it’s not a full plan yet.

The box you speak of is likely the receiver for his in-ear monitors.
We’re not using any automated follow devices, though there are a number of them on the market.
Thanks for the info, Junior!

Also had no idea the band was now using IEMs (other than Maynard).

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 am
by Kittaan
Fuck yeah. That was a pleasant surprise. That crappy vid obviously doesn’t do it justice. They nailed it. Looks like I picked the right 2 shows 😀

Gotta say that I’m impressed with the set list tweaks this leg. It bodes well for coming shows.

@ Junior - thanks for the details. Nice to see you again last night. Incredible job you guys are doing.

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 am
by ms2r
Ahhh, that would be a though one. Descending or the Patient. Since I heard the magnificent Descending two times live I would stay the Patient this round for me since that is the only lateralus song I haven't heard live.

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:16 am
by nxrm
Kittaan wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 am
Fuck yeah. That was a pleasant surprise. That crappy vid obviously doesn’t do it justice. They nailed it. Looks like I picked the right 2 shows 😀

Gotta say that I’m impressed with the set list tweaks this leg. It bodes well for coming shows.

@ Junior - thanks for the details. Nice to see you again last night. Incredible job you guys are doing.
Lucked out indeed!

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:45 am
by Boldizar
When are they coming back to the midwest so I can get a crack at the good setlist?

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:59 am
by fortysixand2
Most likely we'll get more midwest shows around the Bonnaroo date. Unless it's like 2018 where they just did two random summer festivals.
Four shows into the tour and we've got four setlist variations: standard w/ Descending, Pot+Part of Me, Pot+Descending, Patient+Swamp Song. Wonder what Las Vegas will get tonight?
For me personally, I've never heard Part of Me or Swamp Song live so it'd be nice to check one of those off the list... but Descending is so fucking good live...

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:22 pm
by ToolFanFromWayBack
damn, pays to go to a tool show on Adam's BDay. This is a solid setlist. Swamp Song is one of my favs!

Fear Inoculum
Ænema
Eon Blue Apocalypse (First time since 2011)
The Patient (First time since 2011)
Parabol
Parabola
Pneuma (preceded by Happy Birthday… more )
Schism
Jambi
Merkaba (shortened)
Vicarious
Swamp Song
Forty Six & 2

Encore:
Chocolate Chip Trip
Invincible
(-)Ions
Stinkfist

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:33 pm
by mattw
CC Trip is actually kinda underwhelming, especially after a 12 minute intermission. I'd love it the band just replaced it with a shorter song somehow. I love Danny Carey as a drummer but he's doing his own thing for like 10 minutes and it just feels flat... the show loses momentum :|