Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

The Main Event
User avatar
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3604
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:22 am

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by N.Y.H.C. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:25 am

The Boss wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:I've never met a non-Tool fan. just people who have never heard them before. like, honestly.
Good point. I don't think I've ever met a person who has gone, "TOOL? OH, FUCK ME IN THE DICK. THEY SUCK SO HARD. WHAT ABSOLUTE POSERS. I ALSO HEAR ADAM CLONES' ASS SMELLS LIKE SHIT. HUUUURP M' DUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR."

Never happened. Even my weak-ass lady-friends over the years have appreciated them - the fucking American one loved APC.

pwnt.
even like 80's metal heads give them props. they all love Danny, that's for sure lol.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 am

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
The Boss wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:I've never met a non-Tool fan. just people who have never heard them before. like, honestly.
Good point. I don't think I've ever met a person who has gone, "TOOL? OH, FUCK ME IN THE DICK. THEY SUCK SO HARD. WHAT ABSOLUTE POSERS. I ALSO HEAR ADAM CLONES' ASS SMELLS LIKE SHIT. HUUUURP M' DUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR."

Never happened. Even my weak-ass lady-friends over the years have appreciated them - the fucking American one loved APC.

pwnt.
even like 80's metal heads give them props. they all love Danny, that's for sure lol.
Think about it: They've never been dicks.

They've never said or done anything that would make eyes roll (fucking METALLICA, I'm looking at you). The only thing they do that makes people upset is weird little cash grabs, and NOT RELEASE NEW MATERIAL.

The latter is a sign of a fairly excellent fucking band, in my experience.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by Ettan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:33 am

At least Metallica puts out live vids from EVERY single show they do. They also put out EVERY show they do in its entirety straight from the soundboard for like 0.99 a song. Genius

User avatar
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3604
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:22 am

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by N.Y.H.C. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:34 am

when they finally release a new LP, 30 seconds into the first song I'm probably going to get a little emotional. it's sad that two of the biggest Tool fans I've ever known will never get to hear it.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:38 am

N.Y.H.C. wrote:when they finally release a new LP, 30 seconds into the first song I'm probably going to get a little emotional. it's sad that two of the biggest Tool fans I've ever known will never get to hear it.
Really sorry to hear that, man.

I'll probably get emotional too, since it's bound to be incredible, and we've waited so long.

But that comment will never be repeated or referred to outside of this time and space right now.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by Ettan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:39 am

N.Y.H.C. wrote:it's sad that two of the biggest Tool fans I've ever known will never get to hear it.
fuck...

User avatar
PimPle
RIP
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 am

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by PimPle » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:44 am

N.Y.H.C. wrote: it's sad that two of the biggest Tool fans I've ever known will never get to hear it.
I hear you mate, I will be in a similar situation...

As far as non TOOL fans my wife came home after driving my car and said I really like that Tool song that was playing.... Turned out to be Stinkfist, and I said you know what he is singing about... She said not really but it sounded cool... I just laughed...
Be good to each other.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:47 am

PimPle wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote: it's sad that two of the biggest Tool fans I've ever known will never get to hear it.
I hear you mate, I will be in a similar situation...

As far as non TOOL fans my wife came home after driving my car and said I really like that Tool song that was playing.... Turned out to be Stinkfist, and I said you know what he is singing about... She said not really but it sounded cool... I just laughed...
I never took that song quasi-literally. I did lose my virginity to it, though, which gives it an added flavour whenever I hear it.

:D
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
PimPle
RIP
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 am

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by PimPle » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 am

The Boss wrote: I never took that song quasi-literally
Neither have I, but my wife is unlikely to dig past the surface, which is why it amused me so much when I went through the lyrics with her....

Actually I think I miss read what you wrote..... :lol:
Last edited by PimPle on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be good to each other.

User avatar
ms2r
Young Liberal
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by ms2r » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 am

I still remember the moment I put on Vicarious for the first time on, 1 minute later my wife yells (from upstairs) : "Turn that friggin noise down!".
Scared as heck I immediate did.
Then she came down laughing.... ha ha ha...
:lol:

She did go to a TooL show in 2006 with me. :)

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by Ettan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:01 am

The Boss wrote:I did lose my virginity to it, though
That must be a hard fuck song, right?

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 am

PimPle wrote:
The Boss wrote: I never took that song quasi-literally
Neither have I, but my wife is unlikely to dig past the surface, which is why it amused me so much when I went through the lyrics with her....

Actually I think I miss read what you wrote..... :lol:
Oh, I like you.

Ha ha!
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:05 am

Ettan wrote:
The Boss wrote:I did lose my virginity to it, though
That must be a hard fuck song, right?
I didn't come.

Didn't until my fourth different partner.

*shrugs*
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 am

ms2r wrote:I still remember the moment I put on Vicarious for the first time on, 1 minute later my wife yells (from upstairs) : "Turn that friggin noise down!".
Scared as heck I immediate did.
Then she came down laughing.... ha ha ha...
:lol:

She did go to a TooL show in 2006 with me. :)
My girl usually gives me the polite "Would you like to wear these wicked-sick headphones you bought for me to listen to your "cool" music?"

Then I usually go, "Yes, please."

Trade?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by Ettan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:10 am

The Boss wrote:
Ettan wrote:
The Boss wrote:I did lose my virginity to it, though
That must be a hard fuck song, right?
I didn't come.

Didn't until my fourth different partner.

*shrugs*
*Internet hug*

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:12 am

Ettan wrote:
*Internet hug*
And she was my first true love. No joke. The adoration I had for that woman was astounding. Went to America and everything to meet her parents, ask for her hand in marriage.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, to be young again.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
ms2r
Young Liberal
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by ms2r » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:19 am

The Boss wrote:
ms2r wrote:I still remember the moment I put on Vicarious for the first time on, 1 minute later my wife yells (from upstairs) : "Turn that friggin noise down!".
Scared as heck I immediate did.
Then she came down laughing.... ha ha ha...
:lol:

She did go to a TooL show in 2006 with me. :)
My girl usually gives me the polite "Would you like to wear these wicked-sick headphones you bought for me to listen to your "cool" music?"

Then I usually go, "Yes, please."

Trade?
...I got the sennheiser headpones a year later for my birthday...

:D

User avatar
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: All of them.

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 pm

"Turn that fuckin' hesher music off, fag!"

User avatar
ilikecheese
Hey Jude
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by ilikecheese » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:48 pm

"What's the name of that band you like? The sticker on your car? Korn?"

--Sarcastic yet clueless person I once worked beside, after I made fun of his Liberace love-fest.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2580
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by Calfium Jay » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:51 pm

I still remember my initial reaction when a (Tool fan) buddy played me Aenima for the first time back in 1997:

"HA!! Yeah, trying a bit hard aren't they?? I dunno...it's as if they can't decide if they want to be Rollins Band or King Crimson. What else have you got?"
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:01 am

Calfium Jay wrote:I still remember my initial reaction when a (Tool fan) buddy played me Aenima for the first time back in 1997:

"HA!! Yeah, trying a bit hard aren't they?? I dunno...it's as if they can't decide if they want to be Rollins Band or King Crimson. What else have you got?"
How bad did you punch him in the throat?

Pretty bad?

Atta boi.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by not tyson » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:06 am

Cal said it to his friend.

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2580
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by Calfium Jay » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:27 am

At the time I was listening to a lot of Merzbow.

A LOT of Merzbow.

<wink wink>
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by The Boss » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 am

Calfium Jay wrote:At the time I was listening to a lot of Merzbow.

A LOT of Merzbow.

<wink wink>
Sounds like the time I listened to nothing but BORIS for about two months.

I thought I was in a zone of edginess and coolness. Turns out all I really wanted was to get laid.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
ilikecheese
Hey Jude
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Re: Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Post by ilikecheese » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Calfium Jay wrote:I still remember my initial reaction when a (Tool fan) buddy played me Aenima for the first time back in 1997:

"HA!! Yeah, trying a bit hard aren't they?? I dunno...it's as if they can't decide if they want to be Rollins Band or King Crimson. What else have you got?"
What else did he have and don't fucking lie and if you cannot answer honestly say so and

Thanks
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.

Post Reply