New songs by TooL

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

New songs by TooL

Post by basejumper »

Off Topic
So far, the process has yielded one song that Jones describes as "pretty much done." Carey says the yet-untitled track is at least 10 minutes, in which it "goes through lots of changes and it's got really heavy elements."

In fact, "heavy" is a word both band members use to describe their new sounds. "Sometimes I feel we get a little too proggy or too into exploring time signatures but not getting heavy enough for my taste," Jones says. "There are some good nose-bleeding riffs happening, and I'm really happy about that. It's not out-of-the-gate crazy heavy, but there are these little journeys with nice paths that end up very heavy."

"It's all a little more 'metal' sounding, if I may," Carey says with a laugh. "I'm having fun drumming on it. There is one other song [beyond the 10-minute tune] that I would say is pretty much there. It's another one that's pretty gnarly with some good double-kick [drumming] going on in it."

The drummer says that the song ideas may change with time, especially after Keenan adds vocals. Currently, he reports that the music has the group's usual "crazy, hard-prog element to it," and that he's experimenting with percussion textures and synthesizer parts of songs. He says that fans have already heard some of their ideas as bits and pieces of segues between songs on their most recent tour.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z37f1vDLiV
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
So there you have it... we have already heard parts of the new songs. Now go sniff them out!
Professor of Lesbian Science
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: New songs by TooL

Post by The Boss »

Fucking hell. Does everything have to be a mystery, puzzle, or otherwise complete waste of time with these fucking douchebags?

Sorry for the negativity, but it needed to be said.

I believe many people (even here) have mentioned very brief moments of unfamiliar stuff in the last three dozen or so tours. I don't recall anyone suggesting that they were particularly compelling, probably due to their brevity.

But, by all means: Go trawling through YouTube for this shit. If you're that bored, it'll give you something to do.

I guess.

So much for getting to know someone....
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

^ Ha! That's exactly why I cannot get my friends into TOOL. It's too much of a hassle, and no one wants that shit. I personally will not scrounge around YouTube for hours, I'll let someone with time on their hands do that for us and I'll check it out once they post it. Fuck it, plenty of other good tunes in the mean time.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

BlackHole83 wrote:^ Ha! That's exactly why I cannot get my friends into TOOL..
Or maybe they just don't care for the music?
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

^ I should have said "new friends" as I have made over the last few years, which is not many btw. No, its basically bitch bitch songs too long bitch bitch whoa that video is creepy bitch bitch what does this mean? Why can't they just be obvious and forthcoming about their music? Why so mysterious? I just put my head down in disappointment. And keep drinking. Ugh, "friends"
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'd never try to introduce my friends to new music, heh, that's kinda hilarious as my mate was hitting me up for new music last weekend.

Although it's a bit different, I dragged him to an M83 concert as it was my birthday and he loved it.

Synth is love, synth is life.

Also got him into Coheed.

We're getting married in May :roll:
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Well congrats. I hope the government will allow you 2 to wed legally.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

There is a guy who works casually at my workplace.

Apparently he changed his surname and wants it acknowledged on his payroll/admin systems.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Is this already legal in Oz?

I'm out of the loop..
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

This thread is going nowhere good...