Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Video game news

Post by M0G »

Checking out Microsoft's E3 presentation right now. The XBone is such a weak console. Graphics are meh. PS4 smashes it and shits all over it.
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

bwahahahahaa Microsoft releasing old games...The Halo complete collection on the Xbone. What a joke.

PS4 > Xbone

Fuck Microsoft in the throat with a Last of Us style Shiv

Playstation for life
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I'm @ work, so i haven't been able to watch it. Will the PS4 even announce any games? do they have the funds to support an exclusive at this point? Losing 1.5 billion, and having Japan lower your credit rating to a "think twice before investing" with a successful console launch has to make you wonder.

Also, the last of is is the most overrated game i've ever played. Buddy of mine gave me his ps3 and the game for 2 weeks. It couldn't even keep me interested enough to finish it.

Graphics are meh lol, EVERY comparison video ive ever watched they look the same with colors looking better on the xbone, and the shading looking better on the ps4. If i cared about graphics even a little bit I would buy that game on my PC. Both consoles are working with 4+ year old GPU's and are nothing to boast about.

Not owning a ps3, i really haven't played many exclusives from Sony. That's because there hasn't been one that made me want to buy the console. The last of us was the only one and that turned out to be a pretty big MEH for me. Granted I prefer multiplayer/competitive games, and Sony lacks on that front.

We obviously have a different view on games, and blindly follow the choices we have made. The difference between us is I realize i have no ground to stand on because i haven't been involved in SONY side of things. So i wont bash it. If i had to guess you have the same experience when it comes to Microsoft. I fully expect Nintendo to knock it out of the park this E3, and i may even pony up for the WiiU if that's the case. Tho I'm not that interested I cant wait for Sony's press conference. I fully expect it to be, "we dont have that many games to show you right now, here's project Morpheus" It will be similar to Microsoft's 2012 conference when they announced the Kinect.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Umadbrah? wrote:I'm @ work, so i haven't been able to watch it. Will the PS4 even announce any games? do they have the funds to support an exclusive at this point? Losing 1.5 billion, and having Japan lower your credit rating to a "think twice before investing" with a successful console launch has to make you wonder.

Also, the last of is is the most overrated game i've ever played. Buddy of mine gave me his ps3 and the game for 2 weeks. It couldn't even keep me interested enough to finish it.

Graphics are meh lol, EVERY comparison video ive ever watched they look the same with colors looking better on the xbone, and the shading looking better on the ps4. If i cared about graphics even a little bit I would buy that game on my PC. Both consoles are working with 4+ year old GPU's and are nothing to boast about.

Not owning a ps3, i really haven't played many exclusives from Sony. That's because there hasn't been one that made me want to buy the console. The last of us was the only one and that turned out to be a pretty big MEH for me. Granted I prefer multiplayer/competitive games, and Sony lacks on that front.

We obviously have a different view on games, and blindly follow the choices we have made. The difference between us is I realize i have no ground to stand on because i haven't been involved in SONY side of things. So i wont bash it. If i had to guess you have the same experience when it comes to Microsoft. I fully expect Nintendo to knock it out of the park this E3, and i may even pony up for the WiiU if that's the case. Tho I'm not that interested I cant wait for Sony's press conference. I fully expect it to be, "we dont have that many games to show you right now, here's project Morpheus" It will be similar to Microsoft's 2012 conference when they announced the Kinect.
You are dead wrong. I had an XBox and an XBox 360 and played a ridiculous amount of games on both consoles. I moved to PS3 and never looked back. Everything just works better, looks better, etc. The PS4 is superb and every game released for both consoles looks far better on the PS4. As for Sony, their loses come from their consumer electronics side, which they are addressing. Their PC business was sold off and they are breaking their TV business off as a separate entity. PS4 has been a smashing success for them and has made them a large profit. The PS4 has and still is outselling the XBox One by a significant margin. Sony simply got too large and stretched in too many directions. With them restructuring and shedding their PC business they will be just fine. The PS4 hardware is superior, period. No way of getting around that. The XBox One will always be a step behind the PS4.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

A Phantom Dust reboot? Really? Lol
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I love the Halo franchise, and for that reason alone I will buy an XBONE, however i will wait until either Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 5 Guardians launches. I do like the MGS franchise on Sony, but the newest games have been too "anime" like for my tastes.... Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 was a great game, and every game after that has been too unrealistic for me.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

xZ1mM3r wrote:every game after that has been too unrealistic for me
Ugh...
Don't mow your lawn
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I love the Halo franchise, and for that reason alone I will buy an XBONE, however i will wait until either Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 5 Guardians launches. I do like the MGS franchise on Sony, but the newest games have been too "anime" like for my tastes.... Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 was a great game, and every game after that has been too unrealistic for me.
Everything We Know About the Halo Master Chief Collection

I love everything about this. Halo 2 is probably the best game ever made IMHO. And a multiplayer that groups all the maps, game modes, and playlists from all 4 games. I may never need another game lol.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Hopefully we can all agree the new call of duty looks as dry as the name.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I love the Halo franchise, and for that reason alone I will buy an XBONE, however i will wait until either Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 5 Guardians launches. I do like the MGS franchise on Sony, but the newest games have been too "anime" like for my tastes.... Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 was a great game, and every game after that has been too unrealistic for me.
Dude very few anime games have been released on the PS3 lately and basically nothing on the PS4. Here is a list of the games I have for PS4...no anime present

Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Wolfenstein
Call of Duty Ghosts
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Thief
FIFA 14
Knack
Infamous Second Son
Watchdogs
Assassins Creed 4
Destiny - Pre Ordered

I will also get the The Order, The Evil Within, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Witcher 3, The Division, Uncharted 4, etc etc etc As I said not one Anime game on that list. Sony has moved away from that shit by and large.

On the PS3 I play The Last of Us Multiplayer and Borderlands Co-Op...again, no Anime.

PS4 is the dominant console and will be for years to come. Microsoft should stick with what they do best, Server Operating Systems, Exchange, Office 365 (which is a fucking joke). If you want to game get a PC or PS4. Keep in mind I am an MCSE so I deal with Microsoft every day all day. They are a shit company.
Last edited by M0G on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
Dude very few anime games have been released on the PS3 lately and basically nothing on the PS4. Here is a list of the games I have for PS4...no anime present

Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Wolfenstein
Call of Duty Ghosts
Thief
FIFA 14
Knack
Infamous Second Son
Watchdogs
Destiny - Pre Ordered

I will also get the The Order, The Evil Within, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Witcher 3, The Division, Uncharted 4, etc etc etc As I said not one Anime game on that list. Sony has moved away from that shit by and large.

On the PS3 I play The Last of Us Multiplayer and Borderlands Co-Op...again, no Anime.

PS4 is the dominant console and will be for years to come. Microsoft should stick with what they do best, Server Operating Systems, Exchange, Office 365 (which is a fucking joke). If you want to game get a PC or PS4. Keep in mind I am an MCSE so I deal with Microsoft every day all day. They are a shit company.
You misread what I meant. I meant that the newer MGS games have been too anime. Not games in general on the system. I see why you read it that way tho.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
M0G wrote:

Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Wolfenstein
Call of Duty Ghosts
Thief
FIFA 14
Knack
Infamous Second Son
Watchdogs
Destiny - Pre Ordered

You misread what I meant. I meant that the newer MGS games have been too anime. Not games in general on the system. I see why you read it that way tho.
All that being said tho, if you love Halo I guess I can see the appeal. I enjoyed Halo back when I had my 360. The Xbox One isn't terrible, I mostly like busting UMads balls. It's fun having someone on the other side of the fence to argue with.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
M0G wrote:

Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Wolfenstein
Call of Duty Ghosts
Thief
FIFA 14
Knack
Infamous Second Son
Watchdogs
Destiny - Pre Ordered

All that being said tho, if you love Halo I guess I can see the appeal. I enjoyed Halo back when I had my 360. The Xbox One isn't terrible, I mostly like busting UMads balls. It's fun having someone on the other side of the fence to argue with.
Haha for sure. I have nothing against playstation. Just not enough exclusive titles to make me buy one. All I play now is GTAV and halo 4. Sometimes borderlands 2, modern warfare 2
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

M0G wrote: All that being said tho, if you love Halo I guess I can see the appeal. I enjoyed Halo back when I had my 360. The Xbox One isn't terrible, I mostly like busting UMads balls. It's fun having someone on the other side of the fence to argue with.
Couldnt agree more. I would love to have both consoles, and plan on buying a PS4 or a WiiU sometime soon (within the year). Exclusives will be what sells me. It will be hard for sony to top MarioCart 8, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, and possibly a new Metroid game. At least ill be able to watch sonys conference tonight. Anyone know where it will be streaming?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Umadbrah? wrote:
M0G wrote: All that being said tho, if you love Halo I guess I can see the appeal. I enjoyed Halo back when I had my 360. The Xbox One isn't terrible, I mostly like busting UMads balls. It's fun having someone on the other side of the fence to argue with.
Couldnt agree more. I would love to have both consoles, and plan on buying a PS4 or a WiiU sometime soon (within the year). Exclusives will be what sells me. It will be hard for sony to top MarioCart 8, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, and possibly a new Metroid game. At least ill be able to watch sonys conference tonight. Anyone know where it will be streaming?
Most likely twitch.tv will have it on their homepage
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Umadbrah? wrote:
Spike tv is steaming it and IGN as well I believe
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

lol
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:Image

lol

So, they're going to dumb the game down so that stupid fuckwit women who can't figure out a grand total of six buttons can play it for a few minutes before getting distracted by something shiny outside? Fantastic.

And they're also planning on "innovating" to the point where everything that was good in the first game is going to be taken out, so that it becomes a sterile snore-fest concerned chiefly with jumping from one roof to the next? Even better.

I've been unprepared for this development. There's a good chance that it will suck.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I knew you'd enjoy it :D
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

http://gamerant.com/mirrors-edge-2-writ ... pratchett/

No one from the original is working on the prequel.

Which is pretty funny, considering that the prequel has already been explained, narrative-wise, by the comic books that were released after the first game.

I have no idea why they felt the need to do a prequel. I can almost guarantee that no one from the original team would have wanted to do anything less than a sequel to expand upon the story they had already started telling.

Fuck, I'm really worried about this game, now. If it's just going to be a visually dazzling game of slowly jumping from one roof to the next, I'm going to be devastated.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's an EA game, there's always a 50-50 chance it would go into the realms of shit.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Anita Sarkeesian thing is bullshit. It's not true at all.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The Anita Sarkeesian thing is bullshit. It's not true at all.
Prove it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

A quick Google search will show that that rumor's been flying around forums since last November. I can't find any gaming sites that have run that story, except for a couple of dumb MRA sites that don't cite any sources. That whole picture reeks of bullshit anyways.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

So no proof?

[youtube][/youtube]