Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Just want to update my opinion on recent game endings: Bioshock Infinite's ending is great.  I recommend everyone plays it just for the story alone.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

LucasArts has closed.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

UndKeineEier said

That shit looks like art for an early 90s video game.

SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

snazzlefrazz said 
That shit looks like art for an early 90s video game

That's what they set out to do. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Mojang's 0x10c is on hold due to "creative block"

When I asked Persson if he had any time frame in mind for the space game, he said that it's a "ways off" and that he's expanding the team, bringing on one other developer to "make sure the game gets made."

Does that mean, I asked, that there's a chance it won't come out? "Are you definitely releasing it?"

"It depends if it's just going to be me and I'm going to still feel this kind of weird pressure," he said. "It's not really pressure, it's just some kind of weird creative block that's been going on for too long, and [0x10c] is going to be put on ice until we can fix that. I'm very excited about the actual game. We have two prototypes going on now. It's not really fun yet, but it feels like it could be fun because there's nothing to do in there yet."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/5/4183864 ... ng-as-seen
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

StarCraft: Ghost, announced back in 2002, has not been cancelled and has been on hold for the past 10 years according to Blizzard Entertainment's Matthew Burger.

OPM: Is Starcraft: Ghost still an active project for Blizzard?

Burger: It’s on hold. It has never been cancelled.

OPM: So it might still get released?

Burger: Maybe.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine. ... aystation/
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Batman: Arkham Origins has been unveiled.  Releasing October 25, 2013, this entry in the Arkham series is not being developed by Rocksteady, but by Warner Bros. Games Montreal.  WB Montreal handled the Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition Wii U port as well as Looney Tunes Scooby-Doo Cartoon Universe which appears to be some sort of MMO or Online Game.  The site's down so I can't get more information.  Heading up development on Arkham Origins is Eric Holmes who was the Lead Designer for The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... igins.aspx
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ubisoft's uPlay servers have been hacked and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon has leaked.

Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I'm betting Arkham Origins will either be watered down or an exact copy of the sequel.  I'm hoping the reason Rocksteady isn't making it is because they've moved on to something more refreshing/new.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

phox_ said
I'm betting Arkham Origins will either be watered down or an exact copy of the sequel.  I'm hoping the reason Rocksteady isn't making it is because they've moved on to something more refreshing/new.

Rocksteady is probably working on the direct sequel to Arkham City or possibly a new Superman game.  I think there was a rumor that they were working on a Ninja Turtles game not too long ago.  Who knows?

Don't mow your lawn
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

phox_ said
Just want to update my opinion on recent game endings: Bioshock Infinite's ending is great.  I recommend everyone plays it just for the story alone.

I was let down by this game, I had such high hopes for it. It did have some Great game play and I enjoyed using the skylines but it just got tedious after a while always looking in every trash can and crate and finding nothing or only a couple of silver pieces. But I do agree with you about the ending, I really liked:

[spoiler]The quick trip through Rapture, I wish they would have thrown in a Big Daddy..[/spoiler]

;-}~
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Fixed up that Blood Dragon post.  Should look a little nicer now.
Don't mow your lawn
InFlamesOfBirchmen

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

UndKeineEier said
 WB Montreal handled the Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition Wii U port as well as Looney Tunes Scooby-Doo Cartoon Universe which appears to be some sort of MMO or Online Game.

Wasn't the Arkham City port supposed to be awful?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

InFlamesOfBirchmen said

UndKeineEier said
 WB Montreal handled the Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition Wii U port as well as Looney Tunes Scooby-Doo Cartoon Universe which appears to be some sort of MMO or Online Game.

Wasn't the Arkham City port supposed to be awful?

It has an 85 on Metacritic and it's lowest score is like a 70.  Reading the reviews it seems like a lot of the gimmicks added are unnecessary and detract from the gameplay a bit.  

Honestly I don't expect Arkham Origins to be as good as Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, but I don't think it will be awful either.  I could see it being about an 8/10.

If they just keep the mechanics of the previous titles and just add in the batmobile and a few new things, then I'll be checking it out.

Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

elp5000 said

phox_ said

I was let down by this game, I had such high hopes for it. It did have some Great game play and I enjoyed using the skylines but it just got tedious after a while always looking in every trash can and crate and finding nothing or only a couple of silver pieces. But I do agree with you about the ending, I really liked:

[spoiler]The quick trip through Rapture, I wish they would have thrown in a Big Daddy..[/spoiler]

;-}~

Honestly I didn't like the game play.  I got bored really quickly, especially since it was the same old Bioshock stuff.  The skylines and rift opening options didn't really change much.  They could have added some actual boss fights rather than the constantly re-spawning minions crap.

The story kept me playing.

InFlamesOfBirchmen

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

phox_ said

Honestly I didn't like the game play.  I got bored really quickly, especially since it was the same old Bioshock stuff.  The skylines and rift opening options didn't really change much.  They could have added some actual boss fights rather than the constantly re-spawning minions crap.

The story kept me playing.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday, and they said the exact same thing. The gameplay was so-so, but the story as good enough to make up for it. With the exception of the God-awful zeppelin fight at the end, I thought the gameplay was decent.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I agree the gameplay wasn't greatest, though I did like some aspects of it such as the skylines, and the ability to warp selected resources into the battle.  The story is what makes the game though.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Wait...that shit's real?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon website.  Be sure to check out the shop!

I'm really looking forward to this.  It was called "Groundbreaking, Awesome, Explosive" by Rolling Stan so you know it's going to be good.
Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

They're going full out with that nostalgia trip.

Why is everything so expensive in the shop?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The PC version of Dark Souls 2 has been designed with the platform in mind.  So it won't be a "half-assed" port like the first one.
Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

That's good.  The PC port was ill-advised and god-awful.  Should have just spent that effort on the sequel.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

phox_ said
That's good.  The PC port was ill-advised and god-awful.  Should have just spent that effort on the sequel.

The developer had said from the beginning that a PC port would be half-assed.  The only reason they did it was because of the petition. 

Don't mow your lawn