Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Project Shield sounds great, but a Steam box sounds even better.  Will be interesting to see what it will run - I'd guess a Linux variant, but that beckons the question as to how many games will actually be supported.

Right before it was announced there was a rumor it was going to be Linux based.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

New Pokeman games are coming yous guys!!!!
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Erik Todd Delllums, who voiced T Dog in Fallout 3, has recently tweeted:

To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!

He later tweeted that he had been given permission by Bethesda to say that, so there may be some Fallout news coming soon.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I just want "Dragonborn" to be released for "SKYRIM" on PC so I can finally stop this pretence of being a productive human being and swear off the world altogether.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Check out thefreebundle.com for some free indie games. The current bundle includes:

Nitronic Rush
Ascension
Celestial Mechanica
IMSCARED
Abobo's Big Adventure
Don't mow your lawn
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said
My first reaction to the Shield was, "Whoa, awesome", but now I'm struggling to see how I would ever use one.

Wanna play PC games? Fire up your PC. Wanna play on your TV? Either plug your PC in your TV, or fire up your Xbox360 etc.

Play Skyrim while taking a shit?

Back when I was a kid, my bedroom was across the hall from one of the bathrooms upstairs in our house.  My tv/videogame set up was right by the door and when no one was home and I had to drop a deucer, I would turn the tv, drag my Super Nintendo with controller-extension-cord out into the hall, and continue my video game play while taking the Huxtables to the pool.

I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop said

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said
My first reaction to the Shield was, "Whoa, awesome", but now I'm struggling to see how I would ever use one.

Wanna play PC games? Fire up your PC. Wanna play on your TV? Either plug your PC in your TV, or fire up your Xbox360 etc.

Play Skyrim while taking a shit?

Back when I was a kid, my bedroom was across the hall from one of the bathrooms upstairs in our house.  My tv/videogame set up was right by the door and when no one was home and I had to drop a deucer, I would turn the tv, drag my Super Nintendo with controller-extension-cord out into the hall, and continue my video game play while taking the Huxtables to the pool.

You, sir, win several Internets.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Writers Guild announces video game nominees:

007 Legends: Written By Bruce Feirstein; Activision

Assassin’s Creed III: Story By Alex Hutchinson, Corey May, Matt Turner; Multiplayer Story By Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Scriptwriter Corey May; Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood, Russell Lees, Matt Turner, Danny Wallace, Ceri Young; Ubisoft

Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation: Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray; Ubisoft

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two: Writing Consultant Marv Wolfman; Disney Interactive Studios

Halo 4: Narrative Design Christopher Schlerf; Microsoft Studios

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Written By John Garvin; Sony Computer Entertainment America
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Dragonborn comes to PC on February 5th.

Skyrim DLC will be making it's way to PS3 next month as well, and will be half-off during it's first week of release.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said
Dragonborn comes to PC on February 5th.

Skyrim DLC will be making it's way to PS3 next month as well, and will be half-off during it's first week of release.

LINK/PROOF?!

OR ELSE, RAPE?!

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-elder-scro ... 192p1.html

Still, now that we have a date . . .

YOU'VE NARROWLY AVOIDED INTERNET-RAPE THIS TIME, UKE - BUT NEXT TIME!!!

Next time . . .
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Sorry about that.  I'll be sure to include links in the futures.

Microsoft only bought the 30-day DLC exclusivity for the first 2 DLC packs, so future DLC releases should, hopefully, have a simultaneous release across all three platforms.  
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said
Writers Guild announces video game nominees:

007 Legends: Written By Bruce Feirstein; Activision

Assassin’s Creed III: Story By Alex Hutchinson, Corey May, Matt Turner; Multiplayer Story By Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Scriptwriter Corey May; Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood, Russell Lees, Matt Turner, Danny Wallace, Ceri Young; Ubisoft

Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation: Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray; Ubisoft

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two: Writing Consultant Marv Wolfman; Disney Interactive Studios

Halo 4: Narrative Design Christopher Schlerf; Microsoft Studios

Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Written By John Garvin; Sony Computer Entertainment America

Nominations for what?  Mediocre gaming?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Writing, obviously.

You have to be a member of the WGA to qualify and then you have to submit your own nomination or whatever.  Apparently there aren't many video game writers that are members of the WGA.  A couple of companies like BioWare and Rockstar Games have openly refused to be apart of the nominations.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/rock ... minations/
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Really interested to see where this tech ends up.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Atari has filed for Chapter 11, plans to sell off assets including logo and classic franchises.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -logo.aspx
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Pong.

That is all.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

EA has announced that Dead Space 3 will include micro-transactions for players to purchase weapon parts that can be found in the game.  Completely optional, of course that's not stopping people from bitching about it.  

"Jesus Christ, someone can choose to purchase weapon parts instead of finding them in the game, thus making their game easier without affecting my experience.  Goddamn you EA!"

Man, I fucking hate the video game community sometimes*.  

*All the fucking time.

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Jesus fucking Christ.

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Get Ninja Theory’s DmC: Devil May Cry pulled off the shelves.

Dear Mr. Obama: As a consumer to the Video Game Industry there is one Video Game that has caused a lot of controversy over the past few month’s.

The name of the game is DmC: Devil May Cry made by Ninja Theory and Capcom. A majority of gamer’s are aggravated that this game has changed so much from it’s past predecessors and the game actually insults the consumers in-game.

We, as consumers did not want nor need this reboot and we believe it violates our rights to have a choice between the original’s or the reboot. This game is violating our rights as a consumer and we believe it should be pulled off shelves from game stores due to it’s insulting nature and the fact that it violates our rights.

Please Mr. Obama, look into your heart and make the decision that will please us Gamers.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Well THQ has sold off it's properties and is now officially dead.  Here's the list of sales:

Sega agreed to purchase Relic
Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve
Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park

Darksiders developer Vigil Games was not purchased and as of this point no longer exists.  This is a goodbye letter from one of the designers at Vigil, that was posted at NeoGAF.com

My name is Ben Cureton, and I was the Lead Combat Designer at Vigil Games. I'm sitting at my desk among... what appears to be a warzone. The walls look bare. It's quiet.

The seats are empty.

We've all been on edge for the past couple months... and more so, the last couple weeks. I mean, I'm sure you can imagine what it's like to wonder if you will have a job tomorrow. Most of us here joked about it just to keep the mood light, but we all knew what could happen. Now I look around and I realize... it did happen.

Am I sad? Well yea. I've been in this industry for 20 years. Seriously. Two decades. I've been laid off more than once. It sucks every time. But am I sad I don't have a job? Not really... I'm sure I'll get another one eventually. I'm sad because it won't be THIS job. It won't be at Vigil. That's why I'm sad. The people I waged war with are no longer together. The people that I bled with, vented with, argued with (often times LOUDLY), and kicked back with... these people will never be together again in the same combination.

Not that it was perfect. But what is perfect? Did I like coming to work? Yes. Was I proud of the work that I did? Yes. More importantly, was I proud of the work that WE did? Absolutely. I knew, without a shadow of the doubt, that the project we were working on (Codenamed: Crawler) was going to blow people away. In fact, it DID blow people away. We did, in TWO months, what many companies haven't done in a year. The pride of knowing that no one was doing anything like us was so satisfying, it kept us coming to work and giving 100% every single day, even through the dark times.

... so maybe you can imagine what it feels like when you read the list of who bought what only to discover your name is not on the list. Why? Did we do something wrong? Were we not good enough? Were we not worth 'anything?' Imagine that.

Vigil was filled with people that I would put up against the best in the industry. People that made my work better, people that made me a better designer, and people that made me a better person. And now they are gone.

Their seats are empty.

It's OK, though. I guess this post makes it sound a bit melodramatic. Seriously... if you work in the video game industry you have to be resilient. Doing what you love often comes with a price - anyone who has been around for a while can tell you that. Today, that price has been paid. That being said, I'd still never dissuade anyone from following their dreams if their dream is to make video games. While it's not as romantic as it sounds, it's sure a hell of a lot of fun.

So don't cry for the people at Vigil. We made games for game players. I have no Horror stories from working here... only Honor stories. Through both praise and critiques alike, our goal was always to make a product as if we, ourselves, were the end-user. We may have gotten pushed and pulled in certain directions by forces out of our control, we were always in it to make games for game players. And that's what we did.

I can only hope that those spared from the other companies remain employed long into the future. There is not much worse than false hope, and these people deserve to continue making great games. You may not know their names, but they exist, and they bleed, sweat, and cry for your entertainment. I mean that honestly, with no negativity. They do it... no, WE do it... because we want you to have a good time.

In closing, I can only say thank you to the fans of Vigil games. Your support means more than you can imagine. Your feedback (both positive and negative) gave us long-lasting insight that we will all take with us, wherever we may go. You are the reason we made Darksiders 1 &2... and you are the reason we will continue to make games.

And with that... my seat is empty.

Ben Cureton
Lead Combat Designer
Vigil Games

P.S. This is no place for a horse.

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

This is the letter that CEO Jason Rubin sent out to all THQ employees:

To All THQ Employees:

We now have the answers we've been seeking through our financial restructuring and Chapter 11 case. While much will be written, here are the facts of the bids and auction that occurred:

Yesterday morning, we received a competing bid for the operating business, along with Clearlake's offer, and numerous offers for separate assets. During an auction process that lasted over 22 hours, the final conclusion was that the separate-asset bids would net more than a single buyer for the majority of the company.

Shortly, we will present the results to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, which must concur with our assessment.

The proposed sales of multiple assets is as follows :

Sega agreed to purchase Relic
Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve
Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park

We expect these sales to close this week.

Some assets, including our publishing businesses and Vigil, along with some other intellectual properties are not included in the sale agreements. They will remain part of the Chapter 11 case. We will make every effort to find appropriate buyers, if possible.

What this means for employees

We expect that most employees of the entities included in the sale will be offered employment by the new owners. However, we cannot say what these owners may intend, and there will likely be some positions that will not be needed under the new ownership. You should receive notice this week or early next week if the new owners intend to extend employment to you. Please note that the terms of your new employment, including pay and benefits, may be different from the current terms of your employment with THQ.

If you are an employee of an entity that is not included in the sale, we regret that your position will end. A small number of our headquarters staff will continue to be employed by THQ beyond January 25 to assist with the transition. THQ has sufficient resources to pay these employees for work going forward, and we will be contacting these employees immediately to ensure their continued employment during this transition period. We are requesting the ability to offer certain severance pay to minimize disruption for employees of non-included entities as they determine the next steps in their careers.

We know you will have many questions about this news. We'll be meeting tomorrow when we return to talk through this announcement and to answer any questions you have. You will receive a benefits fact sheet and FAQs with answers to some questions that may be on your mind. Please review these materials closely.

A personal note

The work that you all have done as part of the THQ family is imaginative, creative, artistic and highly valued by our loyal gamers. We are proud of what we have accomplished despite today's outcome. 

It has been our privilege to work alongside the entire THQ team. While the company will cease to exist, we are heartened that the majority of our studios and games will continue under new ownership. We were hoping that the entire company would remain intact, but we expect to hear good news from each of the separate entities that will be operating as part of new organizations.

For those THQ employees who are part of entities that are not included in the sale, we are confident that the talent you have displayed as part of THQ will be recognized as you take the next steps in your career.

Thank you all for your dedication and for sharing your talent with the THQ team. We wish you the best of luck and hope you will keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Brian Farrell

Chief Executive Officer

Jason Rubin

President

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Grand Theft Auto V will be releasing September 17 for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTA V is a massively ambitious and complex game, and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require. To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I hope it's worth the wait.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Borderlands 2’s Writer Says He’ll Change Tiny Tina If She Conveys Racism, As Some Players Think.
Don't mow your lawn