1Amp 2 Sources

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
liz
Lunchinator

1Amp 2 Sources

Post by liz »

I would like some help. I have an amp that is currently not giving me sound so its time to upgrade. This amp has never done what I required of it.

I want to attach two sets of speakers to it (outdoor and indoor) but I don't want to necessarily run the same material on both. For example I want to play music outside and allow someone else to watch something on the computer or tv inside. I presume such a product exists. Any suggestions?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: 1Amp 2 Sources

Post by Kittaan »

Hey Lizzy. You want an amp with Zones. This is quite common in mid to high end audio receivers.

I’ll look for some links for you, but I’m confident that a visit to a decent A/V store will get you sorted out.
Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:26 pm Hey Lizzy. You want an amp with Zones. This is quite common in mid to high end audio receivers.

I’ll look for some links for you, but I’m confident that a visit to a decent A/V store will get you sorted out.
Thanks Kittaan but I have an amp with 2 zones (albeit one that's now broken) and you can switch between them but not use both zones at the same time for different things.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I assure you it’s possible and widely used. It’s just kind of a bitch to implement correctly, depending on the AVR and its documentation. I’ve used it for years on my AVRs, including my Marantz AV7005, and an older Denon unit I had.

Check this article out for more details.

https://www.lifewire.com/home-theater-r ... re-1846247
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Surprised the man of the house can't sort this shit out
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 pm Surprised the man of the house can't sort this shit out
He read that. :)
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

So I have an AMP now thanks Kittaan that article was useful. The guy in the store was not. I tested him by asking him the difference between an AMP and a receiver. He didn't know.