DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
Post Reply
User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Post by The Boss » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Hey dudes, this might be a dumb question, but if you don't ask, you don't learn, right?

This is this week's Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

All three are for Android, and "PULSE" specifically is DRM-Free. Does that mean I can copy that game to two tablets? As in, can I get it for my tablet, and copy it to my girlfriend's tablet as well?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11750
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Post by hellboy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 pm

That's right - means that it isn't tied to your Google Play account, so can be copied to as many Android devices as you like without copy protection kicking in.

Some great Android games in the regular bundle as well at the moment: https://www.humblebundle.com/

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Post by The Boss » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 pm

hellboy wrote:That's right - means that it isn't tied to your Google Play account, so can be copied to as many Android devices as you like without copy protection kicking in.

Some great Android games in the regular bundle as well at the moment: https://www.humblebundle.com/
Excellent! So would I just connect my tablet to my computer, copypasta the app, plug the girl's tablet in, and copypasta from computer to her tablet?

Thanks for helping, I know this is kind of a noob situation.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Post by The Boss » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 pm

"BROKEN SWORD" :O x 1,000
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11750
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Post by hellboy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 am

The Boss wrote:
hellboy wrote:That's right - means that it isn't tied to your Google Play account, so can be copied to as many Android devices as you like without copy protection kicking in.

Some great Android games in the regular bundle as well at the moment: https://www.humblebundle.com/
Excellent! So would I just connect my tablet to my computer, copypasta the app, plug the girl's tablet in, and copypasta from computer to her tablet?

Thanks for helping, I know this is kind of a noob situation.
Not even that complex - just download the humble bundle app and it'll do the rest.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Post by The Boss » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 am

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:
hellboy wrote:That's right - means that it isn't tied to your Google Play account, so can be copied to as many Android devices as you like without copy protection kicking in.

Some great Android games in the regular bundle as well at the moment: https://www.humblebundle.com/
Excellent! So would I just connect my tablet to my computer, copypasta the app, plug the girl's tablet in, and copypasta from computer to her tablet?

Thanks for helping, I know this is kind of a noob situation.
Not even that complex - just download the humble bundle app and it'll do the rest.
Yeah, they made it simple. I didn't even have to download the app on the other tablet.

And it ended up being three Android games that were DRM-free. They're also quite good, by the way. I'd encourage everyone to throw down ten bucks and get some good games (and their soundtracks).
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
ilikecheese
Hey Jude
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Re: DRM-Free question (Humble Weekly Sale)

Post by ilikecheese » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:50 pm

The Boss wrote:"BROKEN SWORD" :O x 1,000
"Sounds like a personal problem," said Clem.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.

Post Reply