New Acoustic Holography Speaker Technology - Core

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
basejumper
Droner

New Acoustic Holography Speaker Technology - Core

Post by basejumper »

I ran across this new speaker technology that seems it could change the speaker industry in a big way is it lives up to the hype.

What do you guys think?

Core wireless speaker
Acoustic Holography

To achieve its amazing sonic feats, the Core uses an Acoustic Holography technology to produce a stereo sound field that is astonishing in size and sound quality. This technique works by physically recreating sound in space – similar to a hologram – which is purer and sounds even better than traditional stereo or surround sound.

Every spot is the sweet spot

In a traditional stereo set up, listeners need to sit between two speakers to hear a well-balanced stereo image. Audiophiles refer to that as the “sweet spot.” To eliminate the sweet spot, the Core uses an audio rendering technique called Wave Field Synthesis to produce a virtual acoustic scene. This acoustic image can be “viewed” from any position in the room and does not depend on the listener’s position.

Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: New Acoustic Holography Speaker Technology - Core

Post by hellboy »

Sounds interesting and expensive.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:Sounds interesting and expensive.
I thought it seemed expensive too but if you compare to a good set of speakers, it really isn't that pricey.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Sounds like a load of buzzwords and bullshit to me.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Looks more like a concept piece than anything else, to me.

I've yet to hit a situation where headphones aren't my go-to, so I'll just stick with them.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The Core produces a huge multi-dimensional sound image that’s like listening to a pair of separated high-end speakers, except it's coming from a single device that's small enough to hold in your hand.

:lol:
ATARI
Bronco's Fan

Post by ATARI »

I really don't care how good it sounds, if it comes with functionality for somebody's phone, I'm honestly not interested. I'm looking for a speaker that is good for listening to music - if I want to use speakerphone, than I'll use the speakerphone function that has come with cell phones for the last 10 years.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

ATARI wrote:I really don't care how good it sounds, if it comes with functionality for somebody's phone, I'm honestly not interested. I'm looking for a speaker that is good for listening to music - if I want to use speakerphone, than I'll use the speakerphone function that has come with cell phones for the last 10 years.
Maybe, it depends on how it does it. If it transfers the media wirelessly (by bluetooth, wifi or the data cable) and the decodes it internally, then there's no real problem (I'm presumimg this is how it's done). I'd only agree if it were done via the headphone jack, which I expect is quite unlikely.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:
ATARI wrote:I really don't care how good it sounds, if it comes with functionality for somebody's phone, I'm honestly not interested. I'm looking for a speaker that is good for listening to music - if I want to use speakerphone, than I'll use the speakerphone function that has come with cell phones for the last 10 years.
Maybe, it depends on how it does it. If it transfers the media wirelessly (by bluetooth, wifi or the data cable) and the decodes it internally, then there's no real problem (I'm presumimg this is how it's done). I'd only agree if it were done via the headphone jack, which I expect is quite unlikely.

It uses Bluetooth.
The Core uses the finest Bluetooth quality to stream any format of music to your smart device, laptop or PC. Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) and aptX™ combine to bring out the best possible sound from your digital sources.

And you won’t need a new application or passwords to learn. Just connect and enjoy! Use your phone or tablet as remote control for your sound system; it’s that easy. The Core supports “tap to pair” NFC and features a built-in USB port to charge your smart device when it is running low on battery.

Other wireless speakers use less sensitive Class 2 Bluetooth receivers, which can create annoying dropouts. The Core features high power Class 1 Bluetooth receiver technology that minimizes dropouts and extends range, creating a stable, strong and glitch free connection.
I'm more intrigued by the 'holographic sound' aspect.
In a traditional stereo set up, listeners need to sit between two speakers to hear a well-balanced stereo image. Audiophiles refer to that as the “sweet spot.” To eliminate the sweet spot, the Core uses an audio rendering technique called Wave Field Synthesis to produce a virtual acoustic scene. This acoustic image can be “viewed” from any position in the room and does not depend on the listener’s position.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Looks like they have been doing pretty well with fundraising... almost up to $900,000 :shock:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Rather than open a new thread, I'll just post this here.

They keep mentioning "incredible sound" but I have my doubts with the limitations the design imposes. Seems completely gimmicky and way overpriced, but there is a cool factor. Anyway, it's at least amusing.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

http://www.omone.com
Ki77aan :twisted: