Rumour Mill Update

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I've updated the Fourtheye Rumour Mill this afternoon.  If anyone thinks I've missed something let me know (serious answers only please).

Tool

Next Album - writing in progress, recording Q3 2013?, likely release late 2013/early 2014
The Pot video - production has commenced!
Playing Japan Ozzfest in May 2013
Australia and New Zealand tour in April/May 2013
21st Annivarsary Edition of Opiate with Adi Granov to be released on March 26
Live DVD - Legal Wrangles/One day
Toolarmy busted! Toolband update on the way
10,000 Days vinyl (tbc)

Adam

Side project with Robert Fripp tba
Side project with King Buzzo and Terry Bozzio tba
Lustmord vs. Adam Jones tba

Danny

Volto! - Recorded album with Joe Baressi. Hoping to be out mid-March
Working on project with Aaron Harris
Recording with Jason Bonham and 12 other drummers for the Superman Soundtrack

Justin

Working on side project with Dave from Intronaut tba - is a track on the M.T.void album
M.T.void album Nothing's Matter out now via Toolband and soon via iTunes

Maynard

Puscifer - playing Lollapalooza in Chile and Coachella in California
Puscifer - EP Donkey Punch In The Night to be released Feb 2013
A Perfect Circle - playing Lollapalooza in Chile and some other South American shows with Tomahawk

Other Bands

Tomahawk - New album Oddfellows just released. Touring Europe, South America and the US in coming months
Lustmord - Playing Unsound Festival in Australia March 2013. New album in 2013
Intronaut - new album due out soon
Yob - new album being recorded
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

http://fortheloveofpunk.com/news-melvin ... -april-30/

I know you don't want to go overboard with the "other bands" section, but THE MELVINS have had a pretty tight relationship with TOOL for a while.

I think any of their activities with regard to albums or tours is worth a mention.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said

I know you don't want to go overboard with the "other bands" section, but THE MELVINS have had a pretty tight relationship with TOOL for a while.

I think any of their activities with regard to albums or tours is worth a mention.

You are correct sir, and I do believe I have neglect posting any Melvins news of late.  I shall try and rectify this tomorrow.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said

You are correct sir, and I do believe I have neglect posting any Melvins news of late.  I shall try and rectify this tomorrow.

No worries. Glad I could help.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

You could include many other 'other bands,' really...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ilikecheese said
You could include many other 'other bands,' really...

The criteria for other bands is that they must have supported or collaborated with Tool, and to a lesser extent I must give a shit about them (hence no Wovenhand, Tweak Bird news).  If someone else wants to provide news on those bands I don't give a shit about, then feel free.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

i was thinking deftones (having collaborated with Maynard) might warrant being an other band

but really, like the melvins, nin, meshuggah,  I reckon they're popular enough and have a thread to themselves

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ilikecheese said
i was thinking deftones (having collaborated with Maynard) might warrant being an other band

but really, like the melvins, nin, meshuggah,  I reckon they're popular enough and have a thread to themselves

By collaboration I mean with Tool specifically (ala Lustmord) as opposed to with Tool members.  Personally I think the link between Tool and NIN/Deftones really isn't strong enough at this point.

Meshuggah should be in my list, but I'm not sure if they have any further dates or releases on the cards (nor have I checked).
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I find it interesting that all of Adams projects are unfinished.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

badkittygothgirl said
I find it interesting that all of Adams projects are unfinished.

To be honest I'm not sure that any of them really got off the ground, and every time I update the rumour mill I consider taking them off.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I was wondering who this "tba" fella who's on all his side projects was.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

ilikecheese said

By collaboration I mean with Tool specifically (ala Lustmord) as opposed to with Tool members.  Personally I think the link between Tool and NIN/Deftones really isn't strong enough at this point.

Meshuggah should be in my list, but I'm not sure if they have any further dates or releases on the cards (nor have I checked).

Rollins ?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ilikecheese said 
Rollins ?

Maybe if there were anything worth reporting...it's safe to say most of us here don't give a shit if he's about to embark on his 400th spoken word tour.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

See this is the Hellboy I like.  The smart ass I enjoy Synchtubing with.  You must be off the rag.  Welcome back.

Meshuggah, Intronaut, AAL US tour is done.  Meshuggah starts a European tour in mid April.  New Intronaut album, Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words with Tones), comes out in about two weeks (March 19th).
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said
See this is the Hellboy I like.  The smart ass I enjoy Synchtubing with.  You must be off the rag.  Welcome back.

Meshuggah, Intronaut, AAL US tour is done.  Meshuggah starts a European tour in mid April.  New Intronaut album, Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words with Tones), comes out in about two weeks (March 19th).

Thanks for the updates Mog - I will run an article on the website plugging the new Intronaut album at some point.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

To be fair, this place has been a bit of a clusterfuck for the past couple of weeks. I can accept my share of the blame for that.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

crow011 said

mogeffingmog said

To be fair, this place has been a bit of a clusterfuck for the past couple of weeks. I can accept my share of the blame for that.

^ Yeah me too.  HB needs a hand job.  Somebody get Tyson in here.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

crow011 said

mogeffingmog said

^ Yeah me too.  HB needs a hand job.  Somebody get Tyson in here.

Calloused hands, coming right up:

TYYYYYSOOOOOON.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

just suggesting shit that's all....
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You'll have to give him supplements first...

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Pfft.  I don't need meth to do that.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said
Pfft.  I don't need meth to do that.

^ bwhahaha RP beats his dick like it owes him money!

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So maybe Adam was/is in Hawaii with Danny, assuming Korin was with him. She just posted some pics on her instagram with the hashtag "Hawaiian adventure".

Maybe nothing more than two couples going on vacation, or maybe not. This is the rumor thread after all.
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Probably just some wife-swapping, Hawaiian style.
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Hawaiian wife swapping...holy toledo...someone had fun....

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.