Prove you're not a Spambot here!

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

budsyralli said
ok im human.......not sure why my nickname is complainer....im sure crow has complained 1500+ times more than I have( make that 1499).........

go TAFF

Titles are based on post counts, not the poster.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ettan said
One thing I still can't do is to change my avatar. Dunno why I can't, just get the error message. Anyone else that has the problem?

Can you define what the error message is at all?
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

more human than human

i like chicken wings
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Not a spambot.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
Since spam attacks have increased of late, it has become necessary to prevent "ordinary" members from starting new threads.  I hope to lift this restriction eventually, but for now if you are human and would like to start threads, please let me know in this thread, and I will manually give you permission to do so.

Sorry it had to come to this.

Feel free to tell us something about yourselves while your posting!

I was under the impression that this was directed toward NEW members.

Why are members, who have an obvious post-count, checkin' in to say that they are not spammers?

Am I missing something?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

hellboy1975 said

Ettan said
One thing I still can't do is to change my avatar. Dunno why I can't, just get the error message. Anyone else that has the problem?

Can you define what the error message is at all?

There was an error uploading the avatar: Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2013/07. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

Every time, every single time I try. Doesn't matter what the size is, always this error.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

notta botta - and not having any problems with posting/editing
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

That should do it.

Cheese, out.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan said 

There was an error uploading the avatar: Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2013/07. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

When i tested this a few months ago it seemed to work fine.  I'll check it this evening or tomorrow, as I don't have FTP access to the site here at work.

Thanks for the feedback!
Elondriel
Maynard Believer

Post by Elondriel »

Why are members, who have an obvious post-count, checkin' in to say that they are not spammers?

Am I missing something?

The same thought crossed my mind, fleetingly. Then I remembered it was FE and there are many random posts and derailed topics that the above shouldn't be unusual.

Not a "new" member, but due to my low post status, one thing you should know is I am of the human species.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Elondriel said

Am I missing something?

The same thought crossed my mind, fleetingly. Then I remembered it was FE and there are many random posts and derailed topics that the above shouldn't be unusual.

Not a "new" member, but due to my low post status, one thing you should know is I am of the human species.

Yeah . . . that happens.

No one's fault?

. . .
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ HB - I've cock blocked 4 Spam sucking fuckers in the past couple of days.  The filter is working, but are you following up and killing the Spam accounts they opened?  Should I be doing something to let you know I've denied their posts?
Ki77aan :twisted:
unkleluc
Maynard Believer

Post by unkleluc »

ayyyye
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said
@ HB - I've cock blocked 4 Spam sucking fuckers in the past couple of days.  The filter is working, but are you following up and killing the Spam accounts they opened?  Should I be doing something to let you know I've denied their post

Not always.  Are they repeat offenders?

For some reason the Captcha on the site no longer seems to be catching spammers - not sure the reason why and haven't had the time of late to look into it further.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

They're getting smarter!!!!!!!
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Now I'm thinking about a different version of Terminator where Skynet was just a spambot with artificial intelligence and all the terminators spoke in garbled English and urls.

Edit: Also Blade Runner but the replicants are spambots.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

To get permissions to create new threads you must answer the following:

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ Coz you work for Shredder & are a member of the foot clan?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

I'm a cunt.

grevhok
Maynard Believer

Re: Prove you're not a Spambot here!

Post by grevhok »

Test
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

I am so whacked out on peyote I only think there is a turtle.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said

Because I'm waiting for my dinner to finish cooking.  Turtles are high in protein and nutrients.
I like to poop naked.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

Because I already flipped the fucking turtle over. I have better things to do than stand around in the desert flipping turtles over all day.

Don't mow your lawn