phpBB3 Feedback Thread

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
markuspoop

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by markuspoop »

So, how come my "your existing login credentials" aren't working on this new site?
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Okay, guess I had to reset everything.

Kept getting the "You have specified an incorrect login name. Please check your login name and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator." with my old handle.

Kept getting the "The e-mail/loginname information submitted could not be found." when trying to reset my password with the old handle and email.

Yippee....
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

poopyface wrote:So, how come my "your existing login credentials" aren't working on this new site?
I have no idea. Some seem to work, others don't. I'm working on it...
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Colours That's all
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The old forum also had colours FYI
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Fucking finally. Christ it took you long enough Hellboy.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Looks like we have moved to the generic forum type? I like it, but agree with BKGG that we need sum mo' colors other than blue. I know this will come with time, just wanted to chime in as well. Dark greens, silvers and purples make nice combinations and with all that darkness they help keep it "metal" :D

I like the way threads index now. It is more in line with how I think threads should be shown on a forum. The last site with the "newly replied list" list was a nice feature in theory, but it didn't work for me all the time.

I also like that nifty box below this reply box that shows what the entire most current page has said with its own scroll bar.

Will signatures be the new "titles" or do we get those as well?

Looks like the preview only shows what you text will look like, and not what the actual post will look like in line with the others. Some website I use with this format show your entire reply line to a thread. Oh well minor thing.

Overall and so far I like the move. Thanks for your work with the move HB. Keep up the good work.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy_adm wrote:
poopyface wrote:So, how come my "your existing login credentials" aren't working on this new site?
I have no idea. Some seem to work, others don't. I'm working on it...
RUNNING TOTALS - Continue chiming in on this thread so HB can get a good picture of the current situation

Login Transferred Successfully to the new forum (Post count, etc. intact):

Hellboy
Crow
Kittaan
BKGG
Cheez
BigBoy
Mog
Fortysixand2
Nate
Busty
Chair
Eyepod

Not (Had to create new Login - Lost post count, etc):

Tyson
UKE
Poop
Ettan
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Thanks for the update Kittaan. If it turns out only a small number of users need to register a new account, then it is possible to merge accounts together. Glad to hear that (seemingly) most can login without problems.

Despite that though, the forgot password function doesn't appear to be working, which I believe is half the problem.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I wonder if that has anything to do with people who would change their screen name?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy_adm wrote:Thanks for the update Kittaan. If it turns out only a small number of users need to register a new account, then it is possible to merge accounts together. Glad to hear that (seemingly) most can login without problems.

Despite that though, the forgot password function doesn't appear to be working, which I believe is half the problem.
Great Avatar. Can't change Nicks I take it?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I wonder if that has anything to do with people who would change their screen name?
I doubt it. I was doing that a bunch and so were other people who transferred over without a hiccup. But there's got to be a commonality.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I wonder if that has anything to do with people who would change their screen name?
That was my first thought, and I still haven't ruled it out, but I believe that it's more than just that.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy_adm wrote:
That was my first thought, and I still haven't ruled it out, but I believe that it's more than just that.
Hey dick thanks for ignoring my question. Can you take the old fucking one out of read only so I can change my nick or is it permanent after migrating the accounts?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Mog of the Architect wrote:
Hey dick thanks for ignoring my question. Can you take the old fucking one out of read only so I can change my nick or is it permanent after migrating the accounts?
Pull those panties out of your asscrack. I've got plenty of things I'm working on at the moment with answering every single question.

The answer is I may turn nickname changing on. And as it currently stands there is no link at all between the forum and wordpress, and based on what I'm reading may never be.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Anyone else finding that they need to keep logging back in after they leave the page?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy_adm wrote:Anyone else finding that they need to keep logging back in after they leave the page?
Not so far . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

"View unread posts" is not working properly.

That's a big drawcard for me. If that is unlikely to ever work as it should, I doubt I'll have much to do with this place.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

fuck
SteveBobSteve
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy_adm wrote:
Pull those panties out of your asscrack. I've got plenty of things I'm working on at the moment with answering every single question.

The answer is I may turn nickname changing on. And as it currently stands there is no link at all between the forum and wordpress, and based on what I'm reading may never be.
Look fuckface with all the cash I have shoveled your way over the last two years a simple yes or no wasn't asking much. You are just jealous because I have the best fucking avatar day one.

This IS much better. Finally a proper forum. Now if you just remove the "Some Tool Site" from the top it will be perfect. Seriously it is time to expand. Get Pete on the merch and have a few of us cover different genres and write proper reviews.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:"View unread posts" is not working properly.
Can you define what the problem is?

Personally I prefer "View new posts" and that seems to be working correctly.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Look fuckface with all the cash I have shoveled your way over the last two years a simple yes or no wasn't asking much. You are just jealous because I have the best fucking avatar day one.

This IS much better. Finally a proper forum. Now if you just remove the "Some Tool Site" from the top it will be perfect. Seriously it is time to expand. Get Pete on the merch and have a few of us cover different genres and write proper reviews.
Thefuck is up with this new forum shit?

I like it.
SteveBobSteve
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

snazzlefrass wrote:

Thefuck is up with this new forum shit?

I like it.
Shutup Woman, Get on My Horse, Tug on my winkie
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just a gentle reminder that this isn't an appropriate thread for fucking around...

It will make my life much easier if we can keep this feedback thread on topic.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

"View unread posts" is working fine for me. After clicked and it gives you a list, click on the little red page icon and it'll take you to the first unread post in that topic.