phpBB3 Feedback Thread

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
markuspoop

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by markuspoop » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:49 pm

So, how come my "your existing login credentials" aren't working on this new site?

User avatar
markuspoop
Oddfellow
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:59 pm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by markuspoop » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:06 pm

Okay, guess I had to reset everything.

Kept getting the "You have specified an incorrect login name. Please check your login name and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator." with my old handle.

Kept getting the "The e-mail/loginname information submitted could not be found." when trying to reset my password with the old handle and email.

Yippee....
I like to poop naked.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:48 pm

poopyface wrote:So, how come my "your existing login credentials" aren't working on this new site?
I have no idea. Some seem to work, others don't. I'm working on it...

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by Ettan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Colours That's all

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 pm

The old forum also had colours FYI

User avatar
MOG
Scissorman
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by MOG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Fucking finally. Christ it took you long enough Hellboy.

User avatar
bigboy55693
Geacon
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:59 am

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by bigboy55693 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Looks like we have moved to the generic forum type? I like it, but agree with BKGG that we need sum mo' colors other than blue. I know this will come with time, just wanted to chime in as well. Dark greens, silvers and purples make nice combinations and with all that darkness they help keep it "metal" :D

I like the way threads index now. It is more in line with how I think threads should be shown on a forum. The last site with the "newly replied list" list was a nice feature in theory, but it didn't work for me all the time.

I also like that nifty box below this reply box that shows what the entire most current page has said with its own scroll bar.

Will signatures be the new "titles" or do we get those as well?

Looks like the preview only shows what you text will look like, and not what the actual post will look like in line with the others. Some website I use with this format show your entire reply line to a thread. Oh well minor thing.

Overall and so far I like the move. Thanks for your work with the move HB. Keep up the good work.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4827
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by Kittaan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:51 pm

hellboy_adm wrote:
poopyface wrote:So, how come my "your existing login credentials" aren't working on this new site?
I have no idea. Some seem to work, others don't. I'm working on it...
RUNNING TOTALS - Continue chiming in on this thread so HB can get a good picture of the current situation

Login Transferred Successfully to the new forum (Post count, etc. intact):

Hellboy
Crow
Kittaan
BKGG
Cheez
BigBoy
Mog
Fortysixand2
Nate
Busty
Chair
Eyepod


Not (Had to create new Login - Lost post count, etc):

Tyson
UKE
Poop
Ettan
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks for the update Kittaan. If it turns out only a small number of users need to register a new account, then it is possible to merge accounts together. Glad to hear that (seemingly) most can login without problems.

Despite that though, the forgot password function doesn't appear to be working, which I believe is half the problem.

User avatar
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:23 pm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by badkittygothgirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:33 pm

I wonder if that has anything to do with people who would change their screen name?

User avatar
MOG
Scissorman
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by MOG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 pm

hellboy_adm wrote:Thanks for the update Kittaan. If it turns out only a small number of users need to register a new account, then it is possible to merge accounts together. Glad to hear that (seemingly) most can login without problems.

Despite that though, the forgot password function doesn't appear to be working, which I believe is half the problem.
Great Avatar. Can't change Nicks I take it?

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4827
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by Kittaan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:39 pm

badkittygothgirl wrote:I wonder if that has anything to do with people who would change their screen name?
I doubt it. I was doing that a bunch and so were other people who transferred over without a hiccup. But there's got to be a commonality.
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:53 pm

badkittygothgirl wrote:I wonder if that has anything to do with people who would change their screen name?
That was my first thought, and I still haven't ruled it out, but I believe that it's more than just that.

User avatar
MOG
Scissorman
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by MOG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 pm

hellboy_adm wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:I wonder if that has anything to do with people who would change their screen name?
That was my first thought, and I still haven't ruled it out, but I believe that it's more than just that.
Hey dick thanks for ignoring my question. Can you take the old fucking one out of read only so I can change my nick or is it permanent after migrating the accounts?

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:11 am

Mog of the Architect wrote:
Hey dick thanks for ignoring my question. Can you take the old fucking one out of read only so I can change my nick or is it permanent after migrating the accounts?
Pull those panties out of your asscrack. I've got plenty of things I'm working on at the moment with answering every single question.

The answer is I may turn nickname changing on. And as it currently stands there is no link at all between the forum and wordpress, and based on what I'm reading may never be.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:22 am

Anyone else finding that they need to keep logging back in after they leave the page?

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by The Boss » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 am

hellboy_adm wrote:Anyone else finding that they need to keep logging back in after they leave the page?
Not so far . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by The Boss » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 am

"View unread posts" is not working properly.

That's a big drawcard for me. If that is unlikely to ever work as it should, I doubt I'll have much to do with this place.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:58 pm
Height: 7.5inches
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by snazzlefrass » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 am

fuck
SteveBobSteve

User avatar
MOG
Scissorman
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by MOG » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:31 am

hellboy_adm wrote:
Mog of the Architect wrote:
Hey dick thanks for ignoring my question. Can you take the old fucking one out of read only so I can change my nick or is it permanent after migrating the accounts?
Pull those panties out of your asscrack. I've got plenty of things I'm working on at the moment with answering every single question.

The answer is I may turn nickname changing on. And as it currently stands there is no link at all between the forum and wordpress, and based on what I'm reading may never be.
Look fuckface with all the cash I have shoveled your way over the last two years a simple yes or no wasn't asking much. You are just jealous because I have the best fucking avatar day one.

This IS much better. Finally a proper forum. Now if you just remove the "Some Tool Site" from the top it will be perfect. Seriously it is time to expand. Get Pete on the merch and have a few of us cover different genres and write proper reviews.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:33 am

The Boss wrote:"View unread posts" is not working properly.
Can you define what the problem is?

Personally I prefer "View new posts" and that seems to be working correctly.

User avatar
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:58 pm
Height: 7.5inches
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by snazzlefrass » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 am

Mog of the Architect wrote:
Look fuckface with all the cash I have shoveled your way over the last two years a simple yes or no wasn't asking much. You are just jealous because I have the best fucking avatar day one.

This IS much better. Finally a proper forum. Now if you just remove the "Some Tool Site" from the top it will be perfect. Seriously it is time to expand. Get Pete on the merch and have a few of us cover different genres and write proper reviews.
Thefuck is up with this new forum shit?

I like it.
SteveBobSteve

User avatar
MOG
Scissorman
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by MOG » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:02 am

snazzlefrass wrote:
Mog of the Architect wrote:
Look fuckface with all the cash I have shoveled your way over the last two years a simple yes or no wasn't asking much. You are just jealous because I have the best fucking avatar day one.

This IS much better. Finally a proper forum. Now if you just remove the "Some Tool Site" from the top it will be perfect. Seriously it is time to expand. Get Pete on the merch and have a few of us cover different genres and write proper reviews.
Thefuck is up with this new forum shit?

I like it.
Shutup Woman, Get on My Horse, Tug on my winkie

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11488
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by hellboy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 am

Just a gentle reminder that this isn't an appropriate thread for fucking around...

It will make my life much easier if we can keep this feedback thread on topic.

User avatar
fortysixand2
Oddfellow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 10:02 am

Re: phpBB3 Fedback Thread

Post by fortysixand2 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:27 am

"View unread posts" is working fine for me. After clicked and it gives you a list, click on the little red page icon and it'll take you to the first unread post in that topic.
Image

Post Reply