Interest in Fourtheye shirt

HairyPothead
Maynard Believer

Re: Interest in Fourtheye shirt

Post by HairyPothead »

Looks awesome. I am down for a hoodie if they make them that big.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

So I want some feed back on how much you guys would pay for a shirt - I know what I'd pay for a decent one in Oz, but not entirely sure what is acceptable in the US (and I can't be bothered Googling).

I'll be hoping to get some firm numbers from the supplier in the next few days, but a rough idea of what I expect they would cost is about $20 for a shirt, somewhere around $35 for a hoodie. Postage would be on top of these prices. Feedback?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

$20 is reasonable. I'd be willing to pay that.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:$20 is reasonable. I'd be willing to pay that.
Ditto. Depending on how the hoodie came out, I would go for one at $35. My TA hoodie has seen a lot of use...
Ki77aan :twisted:
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I would buy both, as long as it came in fat c@nt sizes.... i.e. bigger than L....
Be good to each other.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The shirts will only be available in women's sizes extra small and lard-ass (men's small).
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Not interested in the Shirt with the obvious reference to Tool. (Not stirring the pot just not my deal etc etc all good i love you all)

However I would like to get back to the topic of where we are on the prospect of helping Hellboy get the original print/poster. I know KIttaan and myself are very much on board with that. If you are interested pm hellboy or kittaan. As a community there is no reason we cannot make this happen.

MOG
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I think I would've preferred the design without the Lateralus eye myself, so that the Tool connection is a little more subtle. That said, the design works, I'm definitely buying the shirt.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just a heads up: I have been in contact with Frank Heiler, the artist who made this very cool piece Hellboy will be using for the shirts/hoodies. We locked down the original art for Hellboy and Frank is even throwing in shipping to Oz, which is very cool of him. Really nice guy.

Now we just need to get the funds together and make it happen. Total is a very reasonable $450. Moggie and I are willing to start the ball rolling with $50 each. Once I nail down the best way to handle contributions to the fund (need to hear back from HB), I'll post it on FourthEye and we'll get it done.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My thoughts on you guys rasing money for this are:
  • I am very humbled by this very generous offer.
  • I don't want to take money from anyone until enough is pledged. Should for whatever reason the sale not go ahead I don't want to hang onto peoples money (or have you guys doing the same).
  • I would really like people to buy shirts - for those with limited funds I'd rather see them ordering a Fourtheye shirt first. I'm happy to throw any profits towards the poster.
  • If an when you have enough pledged you're welcome to use the Fourtheye Paypal "Donate" button to collect the funds, and then I can transfer the funds to Frank from there.
A quick update on the shirts - still talking through costing options with printers. I'm hoping crowddunding will get underway this week.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Also, does anyone have some photoshopping skills to assist with the shirt?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Hey hellboy, just an idea. There us a website called tilt.com and you can choose a dollar amount that you are trying to raise, like 450, and people can donate money but no one is charged until the account "tilts" at whatever value you set it at. You also can easily refund the money to the contributers .
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Thanks for the suggestion, site looks good, though it won't let Aussies use it just yet - I'll leave raising for the $450 for the artwork for others (they're welcome to use that system if they like).

When I get around to doing the shirts, I think I'll almost certainly go via Kickstarter at this stage. Still nutting out the details at this stage, but it's likely to be $25 a shirt + postage with a fundraised amount to be about $750 (30 shirts). There will be a hoodie option as well and a few fun goals there should anyone feel especially generous.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just so you all know - the poster has been ordered and is presumably on its way down under. I can't thank you guys enough.

There will be a special exclusive forum badge for those who donated, with which will come some special privileges. Stay tuned!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Woot woot!! Enjoy the poster HB, this goes without saying but you need to post a pic once it's framed
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My slackness, procrastination and slight unease with the t-shirt printer is causing this project to take longer than I thought. I'm currently looking at alternative t-shirt vendors - anyone have any suggestions (aside from the usual Cafepress and such).

Inspiration required!

Also, the original poster should be arriving pretty soon, as USPS shows that it's made it down under.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Aussie ink. Nice!
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I like wearing tshirts......yes please.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Still procrastinating, and pondering printers.

No one has a printer they'd like to recommend? I feel like I need a second opinion from the printer I've been working with so far, and don't have any stand out companies to try out.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

And sadly the cost of postage from Oz is going to kill the idea of printing them locally, as I suspect the price will put off many tight arse Americans.

Sadly the price of printing a shirt here is much much less than actually sending one overseas.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Two versions?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote:Two versions?
That's always an option, but I want quality and consistency. I've done some research today and have another couple of options to look at. Suggestions are welcome though.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

For cost effectiveness having it printed in both the US and Australia makes sense.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I would love a shirt but I'm not sure I would be able to buy one immediately. Where is the link to the design? Or have we not seen it yet? I don't remember
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

lo7us wrote:For cost effectiveness having it printed in both the US and Australia makes sense.
Cost effectiveness doesn't bother me too much, I'm not really interested in cheap, though I expect the shirts to be good value either. And it's much easier to have them all done in the same place. The problem for the most part is that Australia Post expect you to bend over the table while the fuck you in the ass for postage to the US.