phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

It lookuh likeuh fish.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig said
Seems really detailed for a tour poster. I doubt its a shirt, since when has any of them made any kind of hubbub about a new shirt?

Although some shirts do get copied from tour posters...

So it might be a shirt.

Also, its funny how even this will get a bunch of you mad. Geez.

Nobody is mad.  I just call bullshit on anything that comes from the Tool camp at the moment.  We have been hearing "soon" and "working on it" for three years now.

Plus I get a slightly sick pleasure out of fucking with some of the more fervent Tool fans, particularly the Maynard lovers and the spiral outers.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

^ Fuckin right. Love it when they get all pissy. I get wet.
SteveBobSteve
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

snazzlefrass said
Well. I think it is artwork that is part of a package that may or may not include:

The Pot DvD

Some kind of Tool movie. Fuck yeah TOOL!!

The New Album. Which is set to drop "#soon"

Wine and Cheese.

Bitches.

A Tool movie? *cringe*  Who will you cast to play each member?

Danny Devito as Maynard James Keenan

Steve Buscemi as Adam Jones

Christopher Lee as Justin Chancellor

Hulk Hogan as Danny Carey

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

^

Val Kilmer as MJK.

Val!

Not sure about the Hulk playing danny boi. Not sure who'd be a fitting role. Stevie Buscemi as Adam does the trick, him as Crazy Eyes even more so. Chris Lee as Justin, nah. I'd come up with a different cast but I'm lazy as shit right now. All I can think of is Val. Before he grew his head out.
SteveBobSteve
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Some of you guys had some weight against Mog's impatience before...now...he's beyond right in his judgement. These guys haven't put out something as a band in 7 years. 7 years! Nothing!

Not an album, a b-side/live release, a song, a video and yet they do keep leading people on through various interviews, etc. Nice to see even a little update, but I'd kind of like to know what's really been going on w/them for the past few years...
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

^ Right. The only thing is the money-grabbing tours.

It would be nice to know what the problem is. Then again, I really don't care that much.

SteveBobSteve
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

"Money grabbing tours"

As opposed to the unselfish reasons bands tour?
Hey! Denty!
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Nah. Regardless, Mog is a troll. There is no room for a one trick pony in this rodeo.
“Casual Fan”
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

If you look at the eye you can see the pixels.. I doubt its a shirt I think it is a picture of a paused TV. Whatever that means.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

I meant the white parts obviously.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

whine whine i want a new album, i am tired of waiting...tool are unprofessional liars for making us wait...whine whine i deserve more than this because i matter so much
Puzzle
Maynard Believer

Post by Puzzle »

Reminds me of In the court of the Crimson King cover and Cthulhu.
Baseball_TOOL
Maynard Believer

Post by Baseball_TOOL »

Some of you people seem to think they've been working on the album everyday since the day after releasing 10,000 days.
Or that they have been working on it all year for the past 3 years.
Please think realistic about it, they might work on it 2-3 months out of the year
Then ya know live their lives since their middle aged not 20 something yr olds eager to just sit and make music all.
and remember
Don't worry, be happy
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

@Children: Not so much whining, just kind of marveling at how a band of this caliber could actually be that lazy! I mean you have to admit it's kind of unbelievable.

Also from an interview with Maynard posted today:
http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/features/int ... scifer.htm

“I guess the biggest thing to remember is that I’m not lazy, and I am a responsible person that is there when I’m called on,” says Keenan teasingly. “I do what I have to do to get a job done.”

Hardly confirmation of new material, but in his own cryptic way, not exactly a denial either. “I’m not lazy – read between the lines.”

Basically, what we know already: He's not the reason its taking so long.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Thanks player.  I just skipped to the part about him not being lazy.  Made me giggle.  Lazy, no.  Disengaged from the process, absolutely.  If major douche wanted the new Tool album done, it would have already been finished.  He doesn't give a shit about Tool at this point.  Dude is more than happy to make his shitty Puscifer music and will add some vocals to the next Tool album to keep his buddies (Adam, Justin and Danny...and I suspect mostly Danny) happy.

On the bright side, Intronaut's new album comes out in a month.  Shit is gonna be off the chain.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

ahh my "money grabbing tours" comment must have hit a nerve. As expected. Chill out people. It was a freaking comment. So they made a bunch of money off of the tours, big deal. They also played some good shows, recently with some good shit.

Calm yourself people. There is more to life than arguing on the internet. I think.

Also:

^ Thanks player.  I just skipped to the part about him not being lazy.  Made me giggle.  Lazy, no.  Disengaged from the process, absolutely.  If major douche wanted the new Tool album done, it would have already been finished.  He doesn't give a shit about Tool at this point.  Dude is more than happy to make his shitty Puscifer music and will add some vocals to the next Tool album to keep his buddies (Adam, Justin and Danny…and I suspect mostly Danny) happy.

On the bright side, Intronaut's new album comes out in a month.  Shit is gonna be off the chain.

^That.

SteveBobSteve
walter
Bronco's Fan

Post by walter »

+1 awesome
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Since when is Maynard the deciding factor in Tool. What could he possibly to do speed up the album making process. I guess one day he could just say "Hey those Tool guys are being way too damn lazy with this new album business. I will just stroll over to the loft and tell them to hurry the fuck up."

None of us know what is actually happening in the Tool members' lives or what the status is on the album, stop acting like you do
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

That looks sick. To me it seems like it could be from some animation project.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

children said
Since when is Maynard the deciding factor in Tool. What could he possibly to do speed up the album making process.

He's not, at least not in how fast they write their music. And he can't speed it up. At least he shouldn't.

He seems to be well aware of how the other guys operate, it just seems he's not too happy with how long they are taking. I mean he's not getting any younger and his voice is fading. There is nothing he can do, and that element of lack of control might be what causes him to be snobby when people ask about Tool.

Notice the words "it seems" or "might"

SteveBobSteve
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Yes you did use the words 'might' and seems'. Great job!

I agree with you, Maynard has no control over the new album. That's why my post was directed to the person that just made the complete opposite statement.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

mogeffingmog said
^ Thanks player.  I just skipped to the part about him not being lazy.  Made me giggle.  Lazy, no.  Disengaged from the process, absolutely.  If major douche wanted the new Tool album done, it would have already been finished.

You're an idiot, you think may may can just walk in the loft dick swinging saying 'That's it guys, times up, lets hit the studio fucko's!'?

Stop huffing glue.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Mog fucking Mog is either a blood and flesh troll, or is seriously disconnected from reality
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan said
That's an eye in the upper left corner.  Take that to the bank.

^what if it were sperm...would you still have to take it...ahh never mind?

anyway...

Ray Charles could see that this is of the visual arts, duh...

ahem...

more pacifically, it reminds me of the Vicarious video.

At the end of Vicarious when it changes to the cg stuff...now imagine the Vicarious video done in black and white and red

and 

you'll see it.  

So!

I'm going with The Pot video,

final answer.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.