Adam posts a Toolish teaser?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Pretty cool. I like it, and really hope that is from The Pot.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Interesting, pretty cool looking.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Maybe Adam's doing some work for The Walking Dead?
I like to poop naked.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Probably be remastered with some commentary and new art. Any added song material would obviously be the best we could get. We will see. I dont see the Pot being put on there, doesnt really make sense. But, i think a lot of shits going to drop, tour, opiate rerelease, the pot, some tour posters, possible new segues during the tour of new material, the hope of a new song, and we will see what else. But, it should be fun. Hopefully gets Tools creative juices flowing to finish up writing. Oh, and the possibility of some Opiate tunes being played on the tour. Im excited!

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I often forget that I got to see them play part of a new song on the last tour. And oh did it vibrate good live.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Intension said
Probably be remastered with some commentary and new art. Any added song material would obviously be the best we could get. We will see. I dont see the Pot being put on there, doesnt really make sense. But, i think a lot of shits going to drop, tour, opiate rerelease, the pot, some tour posters, possible new segues during the tour of new material, the hope of a new song, and we will see what else. But, it should be fun. Hopefully gets Tools creative juices flowing to finish up writing. Oh, and the possibility of some Opiate tunes being played on the tour. Im excited!

Yep. 3 weeks wait is a walk in the park compared with waiting 2 more years for the album to drop.

SteveBobSteve
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Intension said

Opening with "Sweat" would get anyone jiggy-with-it.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

ilikecheese said
Opening with "Sweat" would get anyone jizzy-with-it.

Corrected.
SteveBobSteve
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

snazzlefrass said

ilikecheese said
Opening with "Sweat" would get anyone jizzy-with-it.

Corrected.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

that picture looks like a real human....maybe a cadaver in a museum

go taff!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

budsyralli said

Nah.  I'm not an expert on what people look like without their skin so I can't comment on whether or not that looks like someone without their flesh, but its definitely not an actual corpse.  If you look closely it's clearly made out of rubber.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli said

Nah, man.

Throw "plastination" into a Google Image Search. I'm guessing that's what you were thinking of.

It slightly resembles that, but still totally isn't a real body. Plus, I can only imagine the ethics involved were it to be a real dead body.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

toolphishdhs said
what if it is a video for an Opiate song? just a thought.  it is probably the pot but it would be cool if it were opiate related. 

Also i think this rules AG out for next album art and i think that would be a great decision. i LOVED the work with Lateralus and 10k days and subsequent tours, but i think a new theme would be refreshing both for them and the fans. 

That would be hilarious!  People are bitching about them releasing a video for a song that came out 6 years ago and then it turns out it's actually a video for a song/EP that came out 21 years ago. 

I would be down for that.
Don't mow your lawn
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

now that im all toked up....it kinda looks like the dude/man from the sober video
go taff!
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

The wait would make sense if it was a video for Opiate. Haha id totally be down, why not?! Interesting shit going down, thats for sure.

Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Whatever is happening with the Opiate re-release its extremely tight lipped. I mean, everything is with this band, but, this things coming out in 20 days, and there is not all that much info on it, except a re-release with some art.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Intension said
The wait would make sense on the wait if it was a video for Opiate. Haha id totally be down, why not?! Interesting shit going down, thats for sure.

Right? Any song is free game at this point. A video for Opiate would be legendary.

SteveBobSteve
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ And a big "fuck you" to all you bastards complaining about a video for a 7 year old song as well.  LMFAO. 

But I seriously doubt it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Intension said
Whatever is happening with the Opiate re-release its extremely tight lipped. I mean, everything is with this band, but, this things coming out in 20 days, and there is not all that much info on it, except a re-release with some art.

Seems pretty loose lipped to me since that's all that its going to be, a re-release with some new art.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan said
^ And a big "fuck you" to all you bastards complaining about a video for a 7 year old song as well.  LMFAO. 

But I seriously doubt it.

A video for Opiate would be just as bad.  The only positive is that Opiate is a better song than the The Pot, which at the beginning sounds like Jimmy is deep throating an elephant phallus.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Blasphemer! The Pot is one of the best straightforward "rock" songs Tool has ever done, in my opinion. I'd love to know the details of how that song "almost broke up the band," according to Danny.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said
Blasphemer! The Pot is one of the best straightforward "rock" songs Tool has ever done, in my opinion. I'd love to know the details of how that song "almost broke up the band," according to Danny.

Ugh! Ya know I love ya big joe but the first half of The Pot is terrible.  The second half is excellent.  Maynard sounds TERRIBLE on this song from start to finish.  He simply cannot go there at this point as a vocalist.  Doesn't have the pipes.  In terms of straightforward rock, any of the more standard rock songs off Opiate and Undertow demolish The Pot on every conceivable level.  I mean common dude, Prison Sex, Sweat, Part of Me, Intolerance...those are great straight up rock songs.  The Pot might be the worst song Tool has ever done.

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

^ Right In Two is their worst in my opinion.  Monkeys?  OK then.