Adam posts a Toolish teaser?

budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

10000days on headphones...  you hear alot more this way..

a female singer..?  trollin' trollin' trollin

go taff!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said
A hot one. Carina? haha sheeit.

Hows the essay going?

I sent it yesterday when I was hungover as hell. I think I was still drunk. I tried to edit it, but gave up once I realised I had hit the word limit.

So, excellent, I guess. Gonna work on another one today. On Saturday. I'm breaking my rules all over the place.

Carina Round is overrated as shit. You need someone with strength and range. Maybe a black chick.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli said
10000days on headphones...  you hear alot more this way..

a female singer..?  trollin' trollin' trollin

Yeah, 'cause the 'Nard doesn't sound like a bitch at times already.

I'm serious. They need to drop El Nardo to go let him shove wine bottles up his ass, and get a female singer. Very little except for the screaming would change, you realise.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said
Horseshit about the flow from Parabola into Ticks.  Lateralus is fucking perfect.  Everything flows beautifully into the next piece.  Undertow probably flows the second best.  10,000 Days and Aenima are more experimental.  I completely agree about 10,000 Days to the Pot.  Made absolutely no sense thematically or musically.

10,000 would have worked better like this, IMO...

Jambi

The Pot

Viginti Tres (shortened down version)

Wings for Marie, Part 1

10,000 Days (Wings, Pt. 2)

Intension

Right in Two

Vicarious

Lipan Conjuring

Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)

Rosetta Stoned

I'd keep Intension and Ri2 at the end. But yeah. Like that.

SteveBobSteve
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

i dunno crow.....i was gonna say TOOL iznt TOOL  without maynard...then i thought you would bring up paul ..so i left it....i figure if you replace him then it just will not be tool.... 
go taff!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said

budsyralli said
i dunno crow.....i was gonna say TOOL iznt TOOL  without maynard...then i thought you would bring up paul ..so i left it....i figure if you replace him then it just will not be tool.... 

i agree with this. if they are going to be Tool, then either no singer or Nard and a female singer to accent some things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_%28philosophy%29

I'm pretty sure replacing only 25% of the band would still allow us to call the band TOOL. It's not like we're replacing each member over a seven year period, until not one of the original members remains.

budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

maynard is key to tool... their work with paul is great..their work with justin is also great...i see your point crow. i personally can not/ cannot?  see TOOL with another singer it would lose it's energy, the vocal force.personally....

go taff!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli said
maynard is key to tool... their work with paul is great..their work with justin is also great...i see your point crow. i personally can not/ cannot?  see TOOL with another singer it would lose it's energy, the vocal force.personally....

I can understand that. He does bring something unique to the table.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

crow011 said

snazzlefrass said

Hows the essay going?

I sent it yesterday when I was hungover as hell. I think I was still drunk. I tried to edit it, but gave up once I realised I had hit the word limit.

So, excellent, I guess. Gonna work on another one today. On Saturday. I'm breaking my rules all over the place.

Carina Round is overrated as shit. You need someone with strength and range. Maybe a black chick.

*obligatory thread post*

what's the essay subject if i may ask?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

toolphishdhs said
hell, they could just pull a Skynyrd and replace all the members. tour every year and start having small white trash cruises.(LS does this now, it is sad.)

Not only do they play cruises, they also go to the most random, backwoods towns in the middle of nowhere and play local crab-fests.

Seriously, my mom lives in the sticks in Maryland and a few years ago her and a bunch of friends went and saw Skynyrd at like the local, annual crabfest in the county.

Poor guys.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Cheesus said

mogeffingmog said
Horseshit about the flow from Parabola into Ticks.  Lateralus is fucking perfect.  Everything flows beautifully into the next piece.  Undertow probably flows the second best.  10,000 Days and Aenima are more experimental.  I completely agree about 10,000 Days to the Pot.  Made absolutely no sense thematically or musically.

10,000 would have worked better like this, IMO...

Jambi

The Pot

Viginti Tres (shortened down version)

Wings for Marie, Part 1

Intension

Right in Two

Vicarious

Lipan Conjuring

Rosetta Stoned

hmmm....

how about this one....

Jambi

Viginti Tres (shortened down version) ? might not even need this one eh?

The Pot

Lipan Conjuring

Wings for Marie, Part 1

Vicarious

Rosetta Stoned

Intension

Right in Two

I think intension and right in two finish the album-sounds like a natural ending...finish strong son!

jambi jumps on your nuts right off the bat 

lipan conjuring is a nice prelude to wings, given the subject matter

and Vicarious is a 'softer' open right after getting your emotion in an uproar with Wings...the beginning of Vicarious sounds better than a vocal-only intro...i think it would ease the transition better than the pot does...

Dunno.  I actually like Viginti, which I know is something I am in the minority on.  I think a shortened version could transition well into Wings P.1.  The reason I would put Intension after Wings P.2 is flow.  Wings P.2 into Intension sounds more natural I think.  And then Vicarious seems to work better after Right in Two.  Lipan just fits with the trippy motif going into Lost Keys and Rosetta. Obviously this shit is all subjective.  But when I have played around with the songs, that order just sounds more natural to the ear. The Pot after Wings was a terrible decision.

And speaking of The Pot, while it is a solid song, I think Tool kinda swung and missed there.  The second half of The Pot is amazing. That is how the entire song should have gone.  Maynard sounds like absolute shit at the beginning of that song.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Cheesus said

crow011 said

snazzlefrass said

Hows the essay going?

*obligatory thread post*

From your experience how do you view the human mind and psyche? Do you perceive them as different and to what degree do they influence your life?

and

Our understanding of the history of the earth and of life is often poor or patchy.  What information did you gain from this week’s resources that most improved your understanding? How do you feel about your own life as a part of that cosmic story?

Pretty gay stuff, if you ask me, but less than I had to do for last week.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

crow011 said

Cheesus said

crow011 said

snazzlefrass said

Hows the essay going?

*obligatory thread post*

From your experience how do you view the human mind and psyche? Do you perceive them as different and to what degree do they influence your life?

and

Our understanding of the history of the earth and of life is often poor or patchy.  What information did you gain from this week’s resources that most improved your understanding? How do you feel about your own life as a part of that cosmic story?

Pretty gay stuff, if you ask me, but less than I had to do for last week.

*obligatory thread post*

Check.

Here's the start of the first sentence, maybe?

"This is gay stuff, however I will answer the questions put forth.  The human mind and the human psyche are both...."
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Though it does flow weird, I always thought the point of putting The Pot after Wings/10K Days was to serve as a "pick me up" for the listener.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said
Though it does flow weird, I always thought the point of putting The Pot after Wings/10K Days was to serve as a "pick me up" for the listener.

like a bump, ala DC.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Ravenpig said

I was thinking it was something along those lines aswell.  That long silent pause followed by what sounds like an erased first vocal take on analogue tape followed by the the intro.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea back in the day one of my friends and I talked about how it felt like somebody patting you on the back after hearing a sad story. It just feels like its in the right spot, fuck the "flow".
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Maynard is an integral part of Tool to me and it wouldn't be "Tool" without him. 

That said, I'd donate a kidney to hear a full album side-project with Danny, Adam, Justin and Beth Gibbons from Portishead. 
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

joeypants said
Maynard is an integral part of Tool to me and it wouldn't be "Tool" without him. 

That said, I'd donate a kidney to hear a full album side-project with Danny, Adam, Justin and Beth Gibbons from Portishead. 

make it two and you got yourself a damn deal.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I've always thought that Fiona Apple would make a great singer for APC.  I remember reading an interview a long time ago where Billy said he initially wanted a female singer because he was inspired by her.

So if I'm remembering correctly my favorite singer every inspired the creation of one of my favorite bands.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Here's another photo posted by Adam today.  A prop from The Pot video perhaps?

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

maybe the body the severed arm belongs to
Hey! Denty!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said
Here's another photo posted by Adam today.  A prop from The Pot video perhaps?

Stinkfist fat man without his flesh. Yawn