Post by budsyralli »

when it's released

go taff!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

toolphishdhs said  
hahahahaha ok, i should specify. an continually active touring band that is as unproductive as Tool after 20 years.   

I understand the point you're trying to make.  I don't see why it's a big deal that they're not overly productive though.  To be honest I suspect the fact that they release so little (comparitively) is part of the reason why I and many others hold each of their albums in high regard.

Sure I love NoFX as well, but having released the same album every year for 2 years in their existence, the anticipation for each new one gets diminished.  I'd rather have a band that put their heart and soul into a project, and release it when they feel it's ready, rather than just churning out music every few years.

I'm sorry you're a little butthurt that they said they'd record sooner, but honestly, most of us have been Tool fans for well over 10 years and know to take anything with a grain of salt.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

What do you want from Tool? Would you prefer that they released a good album exactly at the time that is expected from their impatient fans, or that they released a amazing album at their own pace, and met the standards they have set for themselves in the past and expanded their craft even further like they always have. I choose the latter, no matter how long it takes; it will be worth all it. Let them do their thing; we will get an album.

Tool has never been a band that has pandered to the masses. They don't do anything according to what any other band does or what any of their fans expect. That is part of the reason they are still making music together. They set themselves apart from every other artist in the world and it's worked out brilliantly for them so far. It is about them after all, it's never been about us. They make their art for themselves, NOT US, you whiny bitches. Why are crying about how they don't care about us. Who are we to say they are being "unprofessional" and that their actions are "unacceptable". Do you realize what you sound like when you make those statements. You sound like a Tool.
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

toolphishdhs said:
again, name another band that is as unproductive as Tool after 20+ years.

Children of the Anachronistic Dynasty
Tapeworm
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

toolphishdhs said

crow011 said
I like to think of us, the hardcore TOOL fanbase, as an extremely attractive, sexually active woman. TOOL, in this scenario, is a muscular, sexually attractive and very sexually competent lover.

This dude has been going down on us, licking our nipples, rimming us, fingering us, fisting us, rubbing his cock on our clit - basically giving us foreplay for, like, half a decade.

JUST FUCK US ALREADY. WE'VE BEEN READY TO GO FOR AGES. STOP WITH THE FUCKING FOREPLAY.

very well said

God I just hope they bought us dinner first.

I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop said

toolphishdhs said

crow011 said
I like to think of us, the hardcore TOOL fanbase, as an extremely attractive, sexually active woman. TOOL, in this scenario, is a muscular, sexually attractive and very sexually competent lover.

This dude has been going down on us, licking our nipples, rimming us, fingering us, fisting us, rubbing his cock on our clit - basically giving us foreplay for, like, half a decade.

JUST FUCK US ALREADY. WE'VE BEEN READY TO GO FOR AGES. STOP WITH THE FUCKING FOREPLAY.

very well said

Well, in this scenario, it's been so long that WE CAN'T EVEN FUCKING REMEMBER.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

crow011 said

Calfium Jay said
It's part of the artwork for the new album, which they have recorded in secret.

I'm not kidding.

I can totally buy this.

sold
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

crow011 said

markuspoop said

toolphishdhs said

crow011 said

very well said

Well, in this scenario, are we at least pulling a George Costanza and bringing in salted meats, a mini-tv, and a beverage to enjoy why they fool around with us under the sheets?  I mean, that I can live with.

I like to poop naked.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

They might as well label these upcoming shows as a reunion tour if they're not going to be playing any new music.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said

children said
What do you want from Tool? Would you prefer that they released a good album exactly at the time that is expected from their impatient fans, or that they released a amazing album at their own pace, and met the standards they have set for themselves in the past and expanded their craft even further like they always have. I choose the latter, no matter how long it takes; it will be worth all it. Let them do their thing; we will get an album.

Tool has never been a band that has pandered to the masses. They don't do anything according to what any other band does or what any of their fans expect. That is part of the reason they are still making music together. They set themselves apart from every other artist in the world and it's worked out brilliantly for them so far. It is about them after all, it's never been about us. They make their art for themselves, NOT US, you whiny bitches. Why are crying about how they don't care about us. Who are we to say they are being "unprofessional" and that their actions are "unacceptable". Do you realize what you sound like when you make those statements. You sound like a Tool.

you sound like you just got into this band. no offense, but you are the definition of a fanboy.

ALSO, in what world do you live in that waiting 7 YEARS is IMPATIENT?

Fangirl. Children is a female.

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

markuspoop said

crow011 said

markuspoop said

toolphishdhs said

crow011 said

very well said

Well, in this scenario, are we at least pulling a George Costanza and bringing in salted meats, a mini-tv, and a beverage to enjoy why they fool around with us under the sheets?  I mean, that I can live with.

Crow LOVES Seinfeld

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

^

That's hawt.
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

markuspoop said

crow011 said

markuspoop said

toolphishdhs said

crow011 said

very well said

Crow LOVES Seinfeld

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Toolphishdhs is just the weekly "if you don't think like me you're a __________(fill in the blank with a hip insult)" while making a big hubbub about nothing.

Nothing new to see here.

And I agree with Cheese that this looks like that purple eye (heh) thing close to the end of Vicarious.
Hey! Denty!
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

A person who says that art has nothing to do with the band Tool obviously has no idea what they're talking about, and is in fact a fucking moron
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

children said
A person who says that art has nothing to do with the band Tool obviously has no idea what they're talking about, and is in fact a fucking moron

Whaaat?

SteveBobSteve
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ah, think about it. this is a poster and a t shirt. thats whats been going on the last tours or whatever. so thats a shirt AND their will be a poster..mystery solved. and were back were we started anyway. haha
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

children said

Are you fucking high? What in fuck's name is the matter with you?

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

crow011 said

children said

Are you fucking high? What in fuck's name is the matter with you?

Shit even people who are high are saying "Whaaat?"

SteveBobSteve
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

bob said

ah, think about it. this is a poster and a t shirt. thats whats been going on the last tours or whatever. so thats a shirt AND their will be a poster..mystery solved. and were back were we started anyway. haha

I thought everybody knew Adam is a procrastinator and waits until the last minute to get the posters done.  That is what he did during the 2010 tour with Nomad.  Sometimes they would have less than 24 hours to slam out that shit and get it shipped. 

I think it may be a sneak peak of the work from the new "band" artist.  i.e. Not Alex Grey.