The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

insertcrypticnameher said

crow011 said

crow011 said

This was a well-thought out and considerate post. Much respect.

Now, to it.

'Nard was "tone deaf" (loosely, people, fuck) because he was. It was a lifeless, terrible, terrible, cover, because it was. What people don't understand is that a lot of us have been here on the ground level. To see the concept of PUSCIFER doing shit like this is pretty terrible. Terrible. Like I may have mentioned.

As to the second bolded sentence: Well, yeah. But we got that with "10,000 CRIES AND BITCHES". Really listen to the albums back to back. I'll wait.

. . .

You see? We got "LATERALUS", but lame, because they were out of ideas. And yet a lot of the fanbois here will say it's the greatest thing ever.

Yep, we both have "LATERALUS". And it's awesome. But many of us are wanting and expecting an album AT THAT LEVEL because we adore the band so much. And they're capable of it.

We're on the same page, if you think about it.

When you shit on 10K days are you saying it's bad in general or bad by Tool's standards? And when you say it's bad by Tool's standards are you saying that it's disappointing because they could have done better or that it's inexcusable because they didn't put in effort?

I think when you critique something these are important distinctions to make no? It's like the difference between Roger Ebert and Perez Hilton. Or some intelligent Tool fan and Mog.

Also saying you got in on Puscifer "at the ground level" and then saying it's against the concept to put out something that they clearly did for fun is completely lol. 

Personally I find your posts kind of trollish when your entire stance on music is some binary iteration of "it's shit" or "it's amazing." 

Thanks for fucking up my 666, asshole.

I'm saying it's bad for them. Very obviously. They could've done much better. Obviously.

As to the bolded: Are you functionally retarded? People like me dislike that EP because it fucking sucks. Yeah, I've heard better from the "concept", and that's why that EP was worse than "EMOTIVE".

Jesus Fucking Christ, you fucking fanbois spring out of nowhere.

And if you really find my posts that banal, then I have two suggestions: either really look at what I'm writing, or fuck off.

Someone earlier accused me of being everything that's wrong with TOOL fans. I SO disagree when it comes to illiterate fucking idiots like you.

I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of responding to people who can't even string a proper sentence together. From now on, I'll respond only to people who have obviously finished high school.

Go nuts with whatever poorly-conceived arguments you might have. I no longer give a fuck.

There's simpler ways of affirming everything I posted than to throw a temper tantrum. "You're right" or "I'll do better" are two that immediately spring to mind.

I'd say I like 20% of Puscifer songs, can't stand Maynard's stances on many things or the way he comes off a lot of the time, think the entire Tool mystique and occult stuff is laughable and don't really care when they come out with a new album. If that makes me a "fanboy" then that probably says more about you than me. We get it, Tool isn't some infallible spiritual messiah tapping into the greatest muse ever like the youtube commenters you're wound up about think. If that encompasses your entire posting schtick then excuse me while I take a nap. 

But acting personally offended that Puscifer put out a "shitty" cover or EP is just sad and justifying it by saying that it's against the ethos of an indiscernable group of performance artists who have stated that they're basically just fucking around is even sadder.

Please don't be so mad. Take a deep breath and think of a more clever approach than "you're a dumbass who didn't graduate high school." Maybe even pm Tyson for advice. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing dude, nice post.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

children said
I think the reason that certain people can't fully immerse themselves in 10,000 Days is because it points out the worst side of humanity. Some people are the living embodiment of all those negative elements and they can't stand to stare into the blackness of their soul. They scream and complain in a desperate attempt to console their egos and fuel their delusions

Ugh, seriously.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

snazzlefrass said
These long posts are fucked. I think what people are doing here, when they say he was tone deaf, is taking in mind what he has done. Putting his previous efforts in perspective, the Bohemian Rhapsody cover does seem a tad tone deaf. Not the tone deaf version that children so humbly showed us with that video, but tone deaf with respect to his previous works.

At least that's what I get out of the "tone deaf" arguments.

Hey, that's my opinion. If y'all want to take it out of perspective and think I'm egging you on, more power to you. Go fuck a landmine.

are you saying Bob Marley is tone deaf? you're more of an idiot than i thought...

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

crow011 said

children said
I think the reason that certain people can't fully immerse themselves in 10,000 Days is because it points out the worst side of humanity. Some people are the living embodiment of all those negative elements and they can't stand to stare into the blackness of their soul. They scream and complain in a desperate attempt to console their egos and fuel their delusions

Ugh, seriously.

yes
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

crow011 said

Gwarden said
@crow011

Has it ever occurred to you that deep love and respect is not generally illustrated by throwing tantrums and hurling abuse?

Or that a "true fan" might express that "utter love" with some respect, patience and dignity?

LOL, who's throwing tantrums and hurling abuse?

That would be you.

And who are we supposed to be showing respect to? Are you Justin? Does anyone from the band read anything on this forum?

So you're implying you'd say all this to a band member's face? Somehow I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure, as equipped as we are with feelings and opinions, that we're allowed to say whatever the fuck we want to say about our favourite themes and topics at any time.

Yep, you sure are. As am I. That's why you don't attack the opinions of others.

But you go back to your quiet life of dignity and reverence. I'll be over here having a laugh with my friends as we express our frustrations and emotions over any range of topics.

Wanker.

For the top poster on this site you sure have a charmed way of welcoming new members.

And to clarify: calling MJK's vocal performance in the BR cover "tonedeaf" might be just an "opinion" (and one which you backtracked quickly to justify as just joking), but it's indicative of odd position you seem to be coming from, where the band owes you some massive debt for failing to live up to your expectations and desires. To me, that's just petulance, the kind of whining, self-entitled "gimme gimme gimme" attitude that the band has pilloried since their inception.
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

crow011 said

crow011 said

crow011 said

Now, to it.

'Nard was "tone deaf" (loosely, people, fuck) because he was. It was a lifeless, terrible, terrible, cover, because it was. What people don't understand is that a lot of us have been here on the ground level. To see the concept of PUSCIFER doing shit like this is pretty terrible. Terrible. Like I may have mentioned.

As to the second bolded sentence: Well, yeah. But we got that with "10,000 CRIES AND BITCHES". Really listen to the albums back to back. I'll wait.

. . .

You see? We got "LATERALUS", but lame, because they were out of ideas. And yet a lot of the fanbois here will say it's the greatest thing ever.

Yep, we both have "LATERALUS". And it's awesome. But many of us are wanting and expecting an album AT THAT LEVEL because we adore the band so much. And they're capable of it.

When you shit on 10K days are you saying it's bad in general or bad by Tool's standards? And when you say it's bad by Tool's standards are you saying that it's disappointing because they could have done better or that it's inexcusable because they didn't put in effort?

I think when you critique something these are important distinctions to make no? It's like the difference between Roger Ebert and Perez Hilton. Or some intelligent Tool fan and Mog.

Also saying you got in on Puscifer "at the ground level" and then saying it's against the concept to put out something that they clearly did for fun is completely lol. 

Personally I find your posts kind of trollish when your entire stance on music is some binary iteration of "it's shit" or "it's amazing." 

I'm saying it's bad for them. Very obviously. They could've done much better. Obviously.

As to the bolded: Are you functionally retarded? People like me dislike that EP because it fucking sucks. Yeah, I've heard better from the "concept", and that's why that EP was worse than "EMOTIVE".

And if you really find my posts that banal, then I have two suggestions: either really look at what I'm writing, or fuck off.

Someone earlier accused me of being everything that's wrong with TOOL fans. I SO disagree when it comes to illiterate fucking idiots like you.

I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of responding to people who can't even string a proper sentence together. From now on, I'll respond only to people who have obviously finished high school.

Go nuts with whatever poorly-conceived arguments you might have. I no longer give a fuck.

There's simpler ways of affirming everything I posted than to throw a temper tantrum. "You're right" or "I'll do better" are two that immediately spring to mind.

I'd say I like 20% of Puscifer songs, can't stand Maynard's stances on many things or the way he comes off a lot of the time, think the entire Tool mystique and occult stuff is laughable and don't really care when they come out with a new album. If that makes me a "fanboy" then that probably says more about you than me. We get it, Tool isn't some infallible spiritual messiah tapping into the greatest muse ever like the youtube commenters you're wound up about think. If that encompasses your entire posting schtick then excuse me while I take a nap. 

But acting personally offended that Puscifer put out a "shitty" cover or EP is just sad and justifying it by saying that it's against the ethos of an indiscernable group of performance artists who have stated that they're basically just fucking around is even sadder.

Please don't be so mad. Take a deep breath and think of a more clever approach than "you're a dumbass who didn't graduate high school." Maybe even pm Tyson for advice. Thanks.

You're welcome, Thanks!
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

children said

At least we can agree on something. I myself found 10k days to be pretty good. Not a huge fan of Maynard's singing style on The Pot but I dig the instrumentals. Especially Danny. Him and Justin rocked on that album. I don't care if people say I'm stupid for liking 10K days. To each his own.

SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Gwarden said

crow011 said

Gwarden said
@crow011

Has it ever occurred to you that deep love and respect is not generally illustrated by throwing tantrums and hurling abuse?

Or that a "true fan" might express that "utter love" with some respect, patience and dignity?

LOL, who's throwing tantrums and hurling abuse?

That would be you.

And who are we supposed to be showing respect to? Are you Justin? Does anyone from the band read anything on this forum?

So you're implying you'd say all this to a band member's face? Somehow I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure, as equipped as we are with feelings and opinions, that we're allowed to say whatever the fuck we want to say about our favourite themes and topics at any time.

Yep, you sure are. As am I. That's why you don't attack the opinions of others.

But you go back to your quiet life of dignity and reverence. I'll be over here having a laugh with my friends as we express our frustrations and emotions over any range of topics.

Wanker.

For the top poster on this site you sure have a charmed way of welcoming new members.

And to clarify: calling MJK's vocal performance in the BR cover "tonedeaf" might be just an "opinion" (and one which you backtracked quickly to justify as just joking), but it's indicative of odd position you seem to be coming from, where the band owes you some massive debt for failing to live up to your expectations and desires. To me, that's just petulance, the kind of whining, self-entitled "gimme gimme gimme" attitude that the band has pilloried since their inception.

Well, this guy obviously has me figured out.

Dude, lurk more.

By the way, it's totally acceptable to attack the opinions of others. If we lived in a world where we all walked around each other on eggshells, we'd still have black people in chains in America, and the systematic slaughter of indigenous people in Australia.

For someone who uses words like "petulance", you have some pretty fucking stupid ideas.

I never "backtracked" on the "tonedeaf" thing. The guy sounds like shit, because he can't hit the right notes in that song. And, he's getting fucking old.

Also, I called out Adam Jones on his Facebook for being a little bitch and acting like a girl. So, unlike you, I'm far more likely to say what I mean, and mean what I say, to anyone's face in the real world.

People like you are the true worst fans of TOOL. You sit up there on your fucking high-horse, feeling superior to people who have no problem venting their frustrations and calling people like children out for being fucking morons. All the while thinking you know something special.

My guess is that you smoke copious amounts of cannabis, and think you understand Nietzsche. Ugh. Terrible.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

^ well, you got me half right with that last statement... toss up though as to which one
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

petemasterpete said
^ well, you got me half right with that last statement... toss up though as to which one

I'm leaning towards Nietzsche.

Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

crow011 said

crow011 said

crow011 said

Now, to it.

. . .

You're welcome, Thanks!

lets add more boxes
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

I called out Adam Jones on his Facebook for being a little bitch and acting like a girl.
That tells me everything I need to know about you. You are the worst kind of person.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Gwarden said

I called out Adam Jones on his Facebook for being a little bitch and acting like a girl.

That tells me everything I need to know about you. You are the worst kind of person.

Cool, then don't fucking talk to me. I really can't see how my life could be improved by having anything to do with you.

budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

crows got some sand down his/her pants?
go taff!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

petemasterpete said

bwhahaha! common now Pete, you understanding Nietzsche?

@Children - You are, without question, on every conceivable level, a complete fucking idiot.  Crow has humored you and batted you around with kid gloves.  I simply do not give a shit.  I have never witnessed anyone work so hard, with such futility, at trying to "prove" that an album is good.  Your inability to articulate your position, or really any position for that matter, is sad to the point of pity.  I am quite certain none of us want another seven pages of your incoherent rambling so please, for the sake of our collective sanity, crawl back into whatever vagina you came out of and shut the fuck up.

Good day 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli said
crows got some sand down his/her pants?

Nah, I'm fine.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

petemasterpete said

bwhahaha! common now Pete, you understanding Nietzsche?

@Children - You are, without question, on every conceivable level, a complete fucking idiot.  Crow has humored you and batted you around with kid gloves.  I simply do not give a shit.  I have never witnessed anyone work so hard, with such futility, at trying to "prove" that an album is good.  Your inability to articulate your position, or really any position for that matter, is sad to the point of pity.  I am quite certain none of us want another seven pages of your incoherent rambling so please, for the sake of our collective sanity, crawl back into whatever vagina you came out of and shut the fuck up.

Good day 

Having a false sense of superiority must be a huge self-esteem boost. You must need it, seeing as though you hate yourself so much.

I'm sorry that you're so miserable, but stop trying to bring the rest of us down with you; it's really pathetic
kramer
Bronco's Fan

Post by kramer »

I visit this forum a few times a day to see specifically what mog and crow have to say. Fuckin hilarious. I. Love how bad we all want a new album. I wish I became a fan before lateralus.  those of you who saw them during aenema and undertow are lucky folks. I. Was too stupid to see what was good. I was a huge green day fan. Stop laughing. They were awesome when they were all hopped up on speed a-la 'jaded in Chicago. Their trilogy was sooooooo bad. Any ex green day fans in the house?
Here's to feeling good all the time
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

kramer said
I visit this forum a few times a day to see specifically what mog and crow have to say. Fuckin hilarious. I. Love how bad we all want a new album. I wish I became a fan before lateralus.  those of you who saw them during aenema and undertow are lucky folks. I. Was too stupid to see what was good. I was a huge green day fan. Stop laughing. They were awesome when they were all hopped up on speed a-la 'jaded in Chicago. Their trilogy was sooooooo bad. Any ex green day fans in the house?

Hey, it's not my fault their first couple albums rocked. But yes, I was once what you would consider a "fan." I haven't even listened to a snippet of their new trilogy.

Lucky for me, I jumped on the Tool wagon in the mid 90s and was able to see a few Aenima era shows. Nothing compares to those. Lateralus tour had some dandies, but you just can't beat Aenima. Maynard went all out back in dem days.

SteveBobSteve
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

I like tacos.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

crow011 said

Gwarden said

Cool, then don't fucking talk to me. I really can't see how my life could be improved by having anything to do with you.

Is anyone's life being "improved" by arguing over the internet? I myself am more cynical than i ever was before i started "talking" to Crow. I feel like a terrible person just reading the bullshit spewing out of his mouth and Mog's. No matter how educated they are, it does not grant them any kind of respect, and especially does not give any of their opinions the merit they think they deserve.

I began posting here in an attempt to lighten the mood a bit and poke fun at these egomaniacs, but it was a hopeless effort. Even when this new album is finally released, these "faggot asshole cunts" will still complain and look for any reason to criticize it. If 10,000 Days was a let down for you, what makes you think it will be any different this time around? When you think Tool are taking too long to write a record, you have either completely lost sight of the bigger picture or never even saw it in the first place.

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Alittlevil said
I like tacos.

Best statement in this thread

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Tacos are especially tasty.  Though the tastiness of pink tacos can be hit-or-miss.
I like to poop naked.
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

Well said, Drury.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Drury is probably the most level headed person in the forum, and yet he gets little recognition for any of his thoughtful posts.