Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Fish tacos are disgusting.
SteveBobSteve
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

children said
Drury is probably the most level headed person in the forum, and yet he gets little recognition for any of his thoughtful posts.

Speaking of level-headed, I can balance a woman on my face, no problem.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

cheeseballs said

children said
Drury is probably the most level headed person in the forum, and yet he gets little recognition for any of his thoughtful posts.

Speaking of level-headed, I can balance a woman on my face, no problem.

And some people say they have skill. Mad props brah.

SteveBobSteve
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Some forget that Lateralus was pre 9/11. It was an entirely different and much "better" world. People were looking towards a positive future, thinking we'd all evolve consciously and shit. Didn't happen.

10KD was released 5 years after in the middle of stupid wars and maynard processing his mother's death. So yeah, the artist reflect all that shit so the album is much darker and more "difficult" to listen to, for sure.

That doesn't mean they are "out of ideas", but that what they had going on at the time wasn't what many felt comfortable hearing. I can connect to it on a musical level, because it is still the same dudes playing together, so that Tool chemistry is absolutely still there.

But sure, the album is a tougher listen. My only real issue with it is the lack of flow, and maybe that is evidence that its not at the same level as Lateralus or Aenima. Tough fucking acts to follow!

It will be very interesting to see what they come up with next. I've seen their evolution from the beginnning, and i never COMPLETELY like their albums at first, but respect them enough to keep listening with an open mind, and about the time insee them live on tour, it falls into place, and each album of theirs becomes a lifelong pal.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

DRURY said
Some forget that Lateralus was pre 9/11. It was an entirely different and much "better" world. People were looking towards a positive future, thinking we'd all evolve consciously and shit. Didn't happen.

10KD was released 5 years after in the middle of stupid wars and maynard processing his mother's death. So yeah, the artist reflect all that shit so the album is much darker and more "difficult" to listen to, for sure.

Good points, you nailed why each album feels so different (including Aenima and Undertow as well) - MJK grew lyrically and was obviously trying to achieve very different things because he was a different man during each era. I remember them saying 10,000 Days was their "blues" album which is a good indication of where they were at.

Who knows where MJK is at now? If we believe the naysayers, then it's up his own arse smelling the shit and wine. Maybe having Puscifer as an outlet means he doesn't need Tool as much any more? I remember when he started with APC he was fond of describing that project as his feminine side while Tool was his masculine side - whereas Puscifer is his Id run wild. Can MJK still channel that side of his persona to give us something meaninful, something transcendent? Or has it all been said?

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Now that's the kind of conversation we should be having
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

children said
Now that's the kind of conversation we should be having

Yeah its a shame it took 6 pages of shit-slinging to get there

I'll keep digging, til I feel something...

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Yeah, you know, there's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. We're desensitized to everything. I mean, what became of subtlety?
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Has there ever a been a better song that juxtaposes fisting with postmodern philosophical truths?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Just a reminder that we have a forum and new topics are welcome.  No need to discuss every aspect of Tool in one thread.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Today is a good day. A New Thomas Pynchon Novel is coming out in September, TOOL is re-releasing Opiate all fancified and Nine Inch Nails are touring this summer and fall. WIN WIN WIN. Everybody be happy!
“Casual Fan”
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

You obviously know nothing of collaborative art. Yes it's been7 years since their last album but in the last 7 years it obviously hasn't been in the cards for these guys to get together and make something and I don't know that I'd want to hear anything from them if they were forced to be in the same room together and write something. It doesn't just fall out of their ass and into a recording console. Anyone that bitches about 7 years being lazy just doesn't know what art and the process really is and hasn't really understood what went into the first album for alot of bands. Usually the first albums are the best or the most honest and intimate because they have already spent their whole lives coming up with the material for that album... afterwards they are at ground zero again... Quit bitching about the TOOL album and the time it's taking. If you ever had the power to rush an artist and make them put something out right away instead of taking their time and nurturing the process... I'm sure you'd be disappointed in the end result. So many fucking cry babies here that have no appreciation for what all this really is. I feel lucky that we are even getting another TOOL album so I'll patiently wait for them to do what needs to be done so we can go out... buy the album... go home... crack open a bottle and/or jar of whatever we'd like and sit back and enjoy. FILL YOUR TIME OUT! I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE IS JUST SITTING AROUND TWIDDLING THEIR THUMBS WONDERING WHERE THE NEXT TOOL ALBUM IS. FUCK.... GO HIKING, TAKE SOME PHOTOS, LISTEN TO MUSIC, PLAY MUSIC, RECORD MUSIC, SHOOT VIDEO, PAINT A FUCKING PICTURE, BUY A COLORING BOOK AND CRAYONS AND COLOR INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE FUCKING LINES, WATCH TV, WATCH MOVIES, SURF THE WEB, SNOWBOARD, SKATEBOARD, SURF, GO FOR A JOG, GO TO THE GYM, GO FOR A SWIM, GO CAMPING, EAT MUSHROOMS, SMOKE WEED, DRINK WINE, ENJOY THE COMPANY OF YOUR LOVED ONES, BUILD A FENCE, BUILD A DOG HOUSE, BUY A DOG, START A FISH TANK, GO SNORKELING, GO SCUBA DIVING, JUMP OUT OF A PLANE (WITH OR WITHOUT A PARACHUTE) ..... LIVE YOUR FUCKING LIVES!!!!!! ONE DAY... YOU'LL CHECK THIS SITE OR TOOLBAND AND YOU'LL SEE THAT TOOL HAS RELEASED AN OFFICIAL DATE FOR THEIR NEW ALBUM (UNLESS YOU OPTED FOR NO PARACHUTE OR DIED IN ONE OF MANY OTHER WAYS).... MEANWHILE YOU'VE DONE ALL THESE OTHER THINGS (AND LIVED) THAT HAVE KEPT YOUR TINY LITTLE FUCKING BRAINS BUSY AND IT WILL ALL SEEM SO SUDDEN. UGH.... I feel better now for finally just telling all of you impatient fucks to calm the fuck down. Jesus fuck already... again... PUSCIFER SUCKS AND I REFUSE TO SUCK MAYNARDS COCK UNLIKE MOST OF YOU.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Holy... fuck... WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN...... NINININININININININININ is coming back?!!!! OMG!!!!! JIZZ....
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Zwerewolf said
You obviously know nothing of collaborative art. Yes it's been7 years since their last album but in the last 7 years it obviously hasn't been in the cards for these guys to get together and make something and I don't know that I'd want to hear anything from them if they were forced to be in the same room together and write something. It doesn't just fall out of their ass and into a recording console. Anyone that bitches about 7 years being lazy just doesn't know what art and the process really is and hasn't really understood what went into the first album for alot of bands. Usually the first albums are the best or the most honest and intimate because they have already spent their whole lives coming up with the material for that album... afterwards they are at ground zero again... Quit bitching about the TOOL album and the time it's taking. If you ever had the power to rush an artist and make them put something out right away instead of taking their time and nurturing the process... I'm sure you'd be disappointed in the end result. So many fucking cry babies here that have no appreciation for what all this really is. I feel lucky that we are even getting another TOOL album so I'll patiently wait for them to do what needs to be done so we can go out... buy the album... go home... crack open a bottle and/or jar of whatever we'd like and sit back and enjoy. FILL YOUR TIME OUT! I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE IS JUST SITTING AROUND TWIDDLING THEIR THUMBS WONDERING WHERE THE NEXT TOOL ALBUM IS. FUCK.... GO HIKING, TAKE SOME PHOTOS, LISTEN TO MUSIC, PLAY MUSIC, RECORD MUSIC, SHOOT VIDEO, PAINT A FUCKING PICTURE, BUY A COLORING BOOK AND CRAYONS AND COLOR INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE FUCKING LINES, WATCH TV, WATCH MOVIES, SURF THE WEB, SNOWBOARD, SKATEBOARD, SURF, GO FOR A JOG, GO TO THE GYM, GO FOR A SWIM, GO CAMPING, EAT MUSHROOMS, SMOKE WEED, DRINK WINE, ENJOY THE COMPANY OF YOUR LOVED ONES, BUILD A FENCE, BUILD A DOG HOUSE, BUY A DOG, START A FISH TANK, GO SNORKELING, GO SCUBA DIVING, JUMP OUT OF A PLANE (WITH OR WITHOUT A PARACHUTE) ..... LIVE YOUR FUCKING LIVES!!!!!! ONE DAY... YOU'LL CHECK THIS SITE OR TOOLBAND AND YOU'LL SEE THAT TOOL HAS RELEASED AN OFFICIAL DATE FOR THEIR NEW ALBUM (UNLESS YOU OPTED FOR NO PARACHUTE OR DIED IN ONE OF MANY OTHER WAYS).... MEANWHILE YOU'VE DONE ALL THESE OTHER THINGS (AND LIVED) THAT HAVE KEPT YOUR TINY LITTLE FUCKING BRAINS BUSY AND IT WILL ALL SEEM SO SUDDEN. UGH.... I feel better now for finally just telling all of you impatient fucks to calm the fuck down. Jesus fuck already... again... PUSCIFER SUCKS AND I REFUSE TO SUCK MAYNARDS COCK UNLIKE MOST OF YOU.

Jesus buddy. I appreciate your opinion, but that was a bitch to read. Although I agree that people need to relax and be patient, people will do what they want regardless of what you say. I enjoy the forum as it allows me to converse with like minded individuals (for the most part).
People take this forum way too seriously sometimes, and are really confrontational. Peace.

SteveBobSteve
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I'm on board with you Whisp... "NARD"? Seriously? Maynards dick has created a human centepede with all of these impatient cry babies... Up ones' ass, out his mouth and onto the next.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

hellboy1975 said
Just a reminder that we have a forum and new topics are welcome.  No need to discuss every aspect of Tool in one thread.

That's cool but...I don't have permission to access the page that my post was moved to.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Thank you for a constructive response. Much appreciated and quite refreshing. I know it was a bitch to read but I had to VENT and that just fell out. I just get sick of coming to the site expecting like minded individuals and seeing almost nothing but GERBER fed, sponge bathed, nap time drooly babies that cannot articulate valid conversations with points. Instead they are self indulged and only care about onward and upward in a quick forward motion without regard to the quality and standards of what said process will produce. I've posted on here before and tried to solicit ideas and change minds and thought patterns so people could further grasp the concept of what art really is but I've realized that most of the people on this site are strictly consumers therefore their creativity is non-existent. Which now at this very moment I'm arriving at a conclusion... they are so impatient because they need "Maynard" to tell them how to think... They've all been lost for 7 years because they can't think for themselves and are upset because "Maynard" is basically their deity and without him they are lost? Possibility? I think so.... Anyways... thanks again for a constructive response and approach. -Z
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Zwerewolf said

This
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Zwerewolf said
Thank you for a constructive response. Much appreciated and quite refreshing. I know it was a bitch to read but I had to VENT and that just fell out. I just get sick of coming to the site expecting like minded individuals and seeing almost nothing but GERBER fed, sponge bathed, nap time drooly babies that cannot articulate valid conversations with points. Instead they are self indulged and only care about onward and upward in a quick forward motion without regard to the quality and standards of what said process will produce. I've posted on here before and tried to solicit ideas and change minds and thought patterns so people could further grasp the concept of what art really is but I've realized that most of the people on this site are strictly consumers therefore their creativity is non-existent. Which now at this very moment I'm arriving at a conclusion... they are so impatient because they need "Maynard" to tell them how to think... They've all been lost for 7 years because they can't think for themselves and are upset because "Maynard" is basically their deity and without him they are lost? Possibility? I think so.... Anyways... thanks again for a constructive response and approach. -Z

I'm with you for the most part about all the bitching, but most of the people, on this site at least, that are bitching about the new album usually are the same people that hate Maynard and Puscifer.  The people that enjoy Puscifer are usually the ones that are the most chill.  
Don't mow your lawn
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

See this is what I'm talking about when I say constructive input... not just because you agree with most of what I've said but becase you make points and don't whine about it. More of that please!.... -Z
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Gwarden said

hellboy1975 said

That's cool but...I don't have permission to access the page that my post was moved to.

Yeah that's disappointing. I understand why those posts were moved, but it really sucks when it is put into a thread that we cannot use... especially when an interesting topic is born out of all this chaos. There is plenty of off topic bullshit in this thread. Isn't there a little room for some more? I respect the decision though. I know if we want we can just go start a new topic over the same subject; that's probably exactly what Hellboy wants us to do anyway...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea don't take it personally.  Hellboy will normally steer conversations to stay on topic or do what he did here, suggest you start a new one.

Anyway, about Puscifer.  Since Josh Eustis is joining live NIN that might mean Puscifer may have a quiet rest of the year.  Then again everyone in Puscifer is easily replaced, short of maybe Carina.
Hey! Denty!
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

children said

Gwarden said

hellboy1975 said

Yeah that's disappointing. I understand why those posts were moved, but it really sucks when it is put into a thread that we cannot use... especially when an interesting topic is born out of all this chaos. There is plenty of off topic bullshit in this thread. Isn't there a little room for some more? I respect the decision though. I know if we want we can just go start a new topic over the same subject; that's probably exactly what Hellboy wants us to do anyway...

Nevermind it's under Tool related topics. Boy, do i feel like a fool...
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said
Yea don't take it personally.  Hellboy will normally steer conversations to stay on topic or do what he did here, suggest you start a new one.

Anyway, about Puscifer.  Since Josh Eustis is joining live NIN that might mean Puscifer may have a quiet rest of the year.  Then again everyone in Puscifer is easily replaced, short of maybe Carina.

like the drummer in Spinal Tap....

.or the bassist in tool...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It just hit me that I have no idea which one of them is Josh Eustis, or what he plays.
Hey! Denty!