Opiate 21st Anniversary Edition to be released?

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

mogeffingmog said

toolphishdhs said
I know the new tool album will NOT suck. regardless of how MJK sounds, it will be great. my bitching has everything do with how long this is taking, not what might come out of it. I think 10000 days is great, and have high hopes for what is to come. my issues are about them jerking fans around. oh, and being lazy as fuck and trying to exploit fans that they know will spend money on anything they release.  

^ Smart.  You are of course assuming that there will actually be a new Tool album.  I will believe it when I see it.

Ah man c'mon moggles. Don't destroy my dreams of a new Tool album. Fuck yeah TOOL!

SteveBobSteve
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

toolphishdhs said
I know the new tool album will NOT suck. regardless of how MJK sounds, it will be great. my bitching has everything do with how long this is taking, not what might come out of it. I think 10000 days is great, and have high hopes for what is to come. my issues are about them jerking fans around. oh, and being lazy as fuck and trying to exploit fans that they know will spend money on anything they release.  

What is your bitching going to change?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

mogeffingmog said

toolphishdhs said

^ Smart.  You are of course assuming that there will actually be a new Tool album.  I will believe it when I see it.

Sorry my good Mog, but the "my dick is on fire" market has been cornered.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

snazzlefrass said

mogeffingmog said

toolphishdhs said

Ah man c'mon moggles. Don't destroy my dreams of a new Tool album. Fuck yeah TOOL!

Ah shit im sorry.  Okay, WHEN the new album comes out, im sure it will be cool and shit, even if Maynard sounds like he deep throats wine bottles on a daily basis heh 
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

That sounds hawwt

SteveBobSteve
SirGreat
Maynard Believer

Post by SirGreat »

To anyone who needs something to chew on until Tool's new release : that "some shit" is from the amazing song "Within You Without You" by George Harrison on the amazing Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. There's a psychedelic trip in that album that can last for years.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

I'm definitely looking forward to this release, it'll be the first time I'm present Tool actually put an album out whether that is new or re-released material! Do you think they will show samples of each package first? Does anyone have ideas on pricing? 

It's a disappointment to jump on and read threads that at points just become a circle jerk of cynical forum members. 
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

James said
I'm definitely looking forward to this release, it'll be the first time I'm present Tool actually put an album out whether that is new or re-released material! Do you think they will show samples of each package first? Does anyone have ideas on pricing? 

If I read the last newsletter correctly, I think we'll get more detail on this project in the next newsletter.  Or at the very least I'm sure we'll get more details in the coming weeks via Toolband.  A little surprised there's nothing there yet to be honest.

It's a disappointment to jump on and read threads that at points just become a circle jerk of cynical forum members. 

That makes two of us.  I don't think there's many here that aren't frustrated by progress on the new album, but that doesn't mean we need to hear people bitching about it every time some news comes out that isn't a release date.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Make that three.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

James said

If I read the last newsletter correctly, I think we'll get more detail on this project in the next newsletter.  Or at the very least I'm sure we'll get more details in the coming weeks via Toolband.  A little surprised there's nothing there yet to be honest.

That makes two of us.  I don't think there's many here that aren't frustrated by progress on the new album, but that doesn't mean we need to hear people bitching about it every time some news comes out that isn't a release date.

I think most are frustrated by the stupidity of 'bitching' about the new album and the progress.  That to me that is the frustrating part; the 'bitching,' while trying to have a normal music forum decorum.  In other words, shut up!  The new album isn't coming out any sooner than it is.  Period.  End of fucking story.  It will be released when it is released.  Beat something else.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Wait, are you telling me that Tool doesn't read this forum and take my opinion into account every time they make a decision?

I don't buy it.  That's not the way my Tool operates.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said
Wait, are you telling me that Tool doesn't read this forum and take my opinion into account every time they make a decision?

I don't buy it.  That's not the way my Tool operates.

Careful....

careful....
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Interesting that this has yet to be mentioned on Toolband.
grr915
Bronco's Fan

Post by grr915 »

hellboy1975 said
Interesting that this has yet to be mentioned on Toolband.

Maybe Blair is just waiting until tomorrow so his "out of left field" news is actually presented in March even though its no secret by now........unless this isn't the news coming out of left field.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Cheesus said

I think most are frustrated by the stupidity of 'bitching' about the new album and the progress.  That to me that is the frustrating part; the 'bitching,' while trying to have a normal music forum decorum.  In other words, shut up!  The new album isn't coming out any sooner than it is.  Period.  End of fucking story.  It will be released when it is released.  Beat something else.

This is the very point I've tried to echo for a while now.  It's completely out of our control and because of such I see little/no point in continually bitching about it.  Just something I don't get.  They don't owe me anything, just as I don't owe them anything.

That said, I'm still up in the air whether or not I'll be getting one of these re-releases.
I like to poop naked.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Where's the fricken newsletter?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Nate, after all these years, are you really asking that question?  Shit Blair is usually a month behind.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Let's guess how much these reissues will cost:

I'll start the bidding at $29.99.

Resulting in a gross profit of $149,950.00.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

nxrm said
Let's guess how much these reissues will cost:

I'll start the bidding at $29.99.

Resulting in a gross profit of $149,950.00.

^ I like this guy.  But I think that is a little low.  I'm gonna guess $49.99.  Just shy of $250,000.00.  As revolting as it is, I suppose if there is a market, might as well do it.  Weird wacky shit mang.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Until we know more about it, it's hard to guess a price, but I'm expecting somewhere between $30 and $50.  Unless there's a bunch of extra live material, or footage anything over $50 is a little overpriced.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

After they sell out they'll quickly end up on ebay for $149.99.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I wonder who is hand making them?

Cambodian children?

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Let's guess how long it'll take for the toolband.com server to crash.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The newsletter is up, about to read it.  You have to click on the actual "newsletter" link to see it.

Edit: It confirms what was already announced and has a Q & A with Adi Granov and that's about it.  Blair did say that he will add other stuff to the newsletter in the coming days, though.

Hey! Denty!