Maynard speaks to Triple J

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay said
Stop speaking to Triple J, Maynard.

All they have ever done is promote Aussie shite like Powderfinger, Regurgitator and Grinspoon.

Oh...and The Superjesus. I remember a time when they were really hot for The Superjesus.

Which is kind of confusing on account of....well.......it's The Superjesus!!

Anyway, did he say when the new Tool album would be out?

When the fuck did you last listen to Triple J?

2002?

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Yeah. Pretty much. Around 2000 - 2001.

How's things going for them now anyway?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Skip hop and faggot breakfast presenters

The Doctor is cool and afternoon programming is great
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Sounds delish!!!

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

all that overly hardcore security is a turn off for me. possibly cause i audio tape i wouldnt want to deal with that (got popped at a Danzig show for the same type of security to deal with) but even without that i find it to be a bit much for a concert. plus i dont like puscifer much anyway.

man, its all negative posts these days it seems. haha
Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

snaggle said
Anyway it was weird and confusing and oppressive and shitty until, say, Man Overboard. From there on the crowd was relaxed and the gig really, REALLY took off.

I agree. That's my least favourite song on COMP but it was great live and I felt the atmosphere lift after that. I was upstairs...were you?

Before that, perhaps it was because Maynard had sunnies on and barely came out from behind the screens. While I knew that was part of the act and expected it, he may as well have just pre-recorded himself because it was like he wasn't there.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

@snaggle

Ouch. We are surrounded by the mentally lobotomized .
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

bob said
all that overly hardcore security is a turn off for me. possibly cause i audio tape i wouldnt want to deal with that (got popped at a Danzig show for the same type of security to deal with)

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Over an hour?
< 25 minutes, more like. And would rather that than a support act on a night like that.
The show's were always billed/advertised as more than just a normal "gig". And it;s not like the video came at the expensive of music - they still played a full set. nothing was stopping people going and getting another beer or having a smoke outside.

Besides, doubt those people who complained would have done so in 2001/2002 tour when Tool took a 20 minute intermission half way through the set and Tool film clips played on the big screen.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

toolphishdhs said

spiral2spiral said
Over an hour?
< 25 minutes, more like. And would rather that than a support act on a night like that.
The show's were always billed/advertised as more than just a normal "gig". And it;s not like the video came at the expensive of music - they still played a full set. nothing was stopping people going and getting another beer or having a smoke outside.

Besides, doubt those people who complained would have done so in 2001/2002 tour when Tool took a 20 minute intermission half way through the set and Tool film clips played on the big screen.

maybe 2002. intermission in 01 was between 5-10 minutes. but i get your point. Puscifer just aint Tool, though, and the payoff isnt even remotely the same for the wait.

^ Werd.
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Perhaps, guess it comes down to preference but fair enough point.