Original Oil Painting of Puscifer tour poster by Leslie Ditto

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

An interesting item popped up on Ebay recently - an original oil painted of a recent Puscifer tour:

According to the description:

This is a rare opportunity to own an original painting of one of the most Ionic figures in music today. .... for auction....The Original 36"x24" oil on canvas painting created in 2012 by Leslie Ditto for Puscifer's 2012 Conditions of My Parole Summer Tour Poster. Also included ...one 2012 Summer Tour Poster signed by the band and the artist , Provenance Certificate ( a certificate of authenticity ), and a sheet on future care instructions

A little about the painting and poster ......
My wife is Leslie Ditto. We are both great admires of Maynard James Keenan and is drive to create. One of his most recent endeavors is the music group Puscifer that he created in 2003. Leslie was given created freedom to create an image that reflects the spirit and mood of Puscifer's Music . Keeping with Leslie's stylized imagery that she is recognized for , she composed this piece to playfully symbolize Maynard's personality and his alter ego in conjunction with Puscifer's well recognized feminine devilish figure sitting upon the wing of the "Verde " toy rocket driven by MJK.

To create this oil painting Leslie used a techniques from the Dutch Flemish Old Maters . First she painted an under painting in grays using oil paints. Then using oil paints and a personal mixture of medium and linseed oil she applies ,with artistic precision , many layers of transparent color glazes to create this effect. After the painting is complete and dry a Damar varnish was applied.

Bidding is currently at US$1025, so clear some room in your wallets!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Interesting.  She put it up on ebay and after a few days ended the auction.  Bidding was at $455.  She started it at $.99.  When I met her at Dragon*Con this past year, she said she thought it would sell for $12,000.

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Looks like mark ryden style
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

12000? She's as crazy as the painting.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, $12k is outrageous.  I expect she'll struggle to get more than $3k on Ebay
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Is her painting a replica of the poster or is it inspired by the tour poster?  mmmm need a little more information about the piece itself.  The description they offer is vague to me.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Cheesus said
Is her painting a replica of the poster or is it inspired by the tour poster?  mmmm need a little more information about the piece itself.  The description they offer is vague to me.

It's the original
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I dig the art.  Not going to be buying any anytime soon, but it is pretty cool.
Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

We about shit ourselves when we wandered upon that painting.  Had no idea she was going to be there or who the artist for the poster had been.  She was sweet and fun to talk to....besides, she was wearing an old school Primus T!  It was cool to see it in person.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

DRURY said
Looks like mark ryden style

Jesus fucking Christ, doesn't it?

While I was looking at it, I was screaming in my head, "Please don't be Mark Ryden, please don't be Mark Ryden, please don't be Mark Ryden . . ."

Fucking hell.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

Cheesus said

It's the original

let's try this again.

sorry.

did she simply look at a poster and paint it?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Cheesus said

hellboy1975 said

Cheesus said

It's the original

let's try this again.

sorry.

I believe the poster came from the painting.

Edit: From the quote above:

A little about the painting and poster ……
My wife is Leslie Ditto. We are both great admires of Maynard James Keenan and is drive to create. One of his most recent endeavors is the music group Puscifer that he created in 2003. Leslie was given created freedom to create an image that reflects the spirit and mood of Puscifer's Music . Keeping with Leslie's stylized imagery that she is recognized for , she composed this piece to playfully symbolize Maynard's personality and his alter ego in conjunction with Puscifer's well recognized feminine devilish figure sitting upon the wing of the "Verde " toy rocket driven by MJK.

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Cheesus said 

I dunno, maybe she had a sketch to work off, but it's an original piece that was used for a tour poster - not a duplicate of someone else's work.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

It is her original work.  I believe she sold the original sketch on ebay last year for $1400.  She created the painting and the poster guys tweaked it for the tour poster.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

AHHHHH!

Thank you all.

Me fine-wee geb it now...dur...
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

$12,000?!?  Haahaa!  She better cut an ear off if she hopes to even come close to that selling price.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Nate said 

$12,000?!?  Haahaa!  She better cut an ear off if she hopes to even come close to that selling price.

Nah.... Maynard's ear would likely fetch double that!!
Ki77aan :twisted:
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Kittaan said

Nate said 

Nah.... Maynard's ear would likely fetch double that!!

Her ear dude.  Van Gogh anyone?  Hello McFly anybody home?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

8`)

Come on, Nate... work with me here.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
An interesting item popped up on Ebay recently - an original oil painted of a recent Puscifer tour:

According to the description:

This is a rare opportunity to own an original painting of one of the most Ionic figures in music today. .... for auction....The Original 36"x24" oil on canvas painting created in 2012 by Leslie Ditto for Puscifer's 2012 Conditions of My Parole Summer Tour Poster. Also included ...one 2012 Summer Tour Poster signed by the band and the artist , Provenance Certificate ( a certificate of authenticity ), and a sheet on future care instructions

A little about the painting and poster ......

To create this oil painting Leslie used a techniques from the Dutch Flemish Old Maters . First she painted an under painting in grays using oil paints. Then using oil paints and a personal mixture of medium and linseed oil she applies ,with artistic precision , many layers of transparent color glazes to create this effect. After the painting is complete and dry a Damar varnish was applied.

Bidding is currently at US$1025, so clear some room in your wallets!

She's directly ripping off Mark Ryden. I'd happily buy this painting just to piss on it and give it back to her.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

She's directly ripping off Mark Ryden. I'd happily buy this painting just to piss on it and give it back to her.

I guess so, she's certainly not the first, nor that last artist to be similar in style to another.  Do you get equally upset when people say Yob sounds like a bunch of other doom/stoner metal bands?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

I guess so, she's certainly not the first, nor that last artist to be similar in style to another.  Do you get equally upset when people say Yob sounds like a bunch of other doom/stoner metal bands?

No, because YOB are unique. Just like TOOL is.

Weird example, dude.
Jethro Tool
Maynard Believer

Post by Jethro Tool »

looks more like Moby
gmanrush5
Maynard Believer

Post by gmanrush5 »

. Here is another of Leslie Ditto's paintings
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

It appears she has ended the auction early?