brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

no way
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

@Nate and BKGG - Yup and Yup

I was gonna wax poetic AGAIN on how absurd this "21st" Anniversary Re-issue is, but if I do, the Toolioos will come out of the woodworks and have a shit fit.  If this kind of shit, a re-release of a 21 year old EP, makes you happy, then so be it.

I wont be purchasing. 
ThatGuy
Bronco's Fan

Post by ThatGuy »

MeTOOLica? That's that band that toured non stop without any new material right?
Undertowjones
Maynard Believer

Post by Undertowjones »

Sooo butt hurt Im thinking of sacrificing one virgin puppy a day untill release of new album.
Undertowjones
Maynard Believer

Post by Undertowjones »

Excuse me mr hellboy sir... I'm having issues uploading photo for avatar on mobile. Any idea?
smithersSOCAL
Bronco's Fan

Post by smithersSOCAL »

opiate is a rad EP. and was my first introduction to the band. so on
one hand I'm excited but tempering my excitement with a big glass of reality. tool has lately become the band that constantly disappoints. tired ass old website themed to an album released in 1996, dated repetitive art work, constant delays on an album that's been promised year after year. new art sounds cool. but most
of us already own this stuff (cassette, vinyl, and cd)...

Adam needs to earn the $$$.... he can't keep phoning it in with repetitive art.

music AJ!!! that's what the kids want.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Not quite sure what you're talking about. I did a quick Google Image search and there's very little CGI stuff. I don't think he's the worlds greatest artist by any stretch, but his work seems quite reasonable.

What really counts though is his original stuff. There's plenty of Iron Man and other known characters there, but I'd like to see some of his original work (and can't be bothered Googling it myself).

I went to his website and it seems that he doesn't really have any original art.  It's all just super heroes and comic book covers.

Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Undertowjones said
Excuse me mr hellboy sir... I'm having issues uploading photo for avatar on mobile. Any idea?

Without more details about what's not working, hard to say...  

You can also use Gravatar:  https://en.gravatar.com/

Give it a shot.  You do have an Alf avatar showing now, FYI.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Hopefully one of these future interviews will be with Danny and he'll reveal the release date for the Volto! album.
Don't mow your lawn
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

ThatGuy said
MeTOOLica? That's that band that toured non stop without any new material right?

Hahaha. I was actually about to say something yesterday about how tool is metallica, only tool hates there fans lol. i wouldnt say that just yet tho, I do reserve some hope for them, they are a very exceptional band.  But to me 10,000 days had a very gimmicky vibe to, and the vicarious video was horrible in my opinion.   Then there's Adam playing the national anthem at a wwe event, and proposing to his girlfriend on tv at another wwe thing. I mean how many times have to seen anyone from tool (not including Maynard) on tv? Probably never.  the gimmicky vibe makes a little more sense. It's as if  there target audience is the same people that will buy a short sleeve button up shirt with dragons and flames  and shit all over it. They can do whatever they want artistically, and in there personal lives, I don't care, it's just not the kind of stuff I want to align myself with.  anyways I hope I'm wrong, and I probably am, no one really knows what's up. like I said before there an exceptional band and 4 amazing albums stands up against one slightly less amazing album and video pretty good. Wow that was a lot longer than I intended lol. I apologize.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Undertowjones said
Sooo butt hurt Im thinking of sacrificing one virgin puppy a day untill release of new album.

make it a virgin republican instead

puppies rule so please don't hurt them

i like puppies...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Cheesus said

Undertowjones said

make it a virgin republican instead

puppies rule so please don't hurt them

i like puppies...

^ This +1
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

sublime5446 said

ThatGuy said

Hahaha. I was actually about to say something yesterday about how tool is metallica, only tool hates there fans lol. i wouldnt say that just yet tho, I do reserve some hope for them, they are a very exceptional band.  But to me 10,000 days had a very gimmicky vibe to, and the vicarious video was horrible in my opinion.   Then there's Adam playing the national anthem at a wwe event, and proposing to his girlfriend on tv at another wwe thing. I mean how many times have to seen anyone from tool (not including Maynard) on tv? Probably never.  the gimmicky vibe makes a little more sense. It's as if  there target audience is the same people that will buy a short sleeve button up shirt with dragons and flames  and shit all over it. They can do whatever they want artistically, and in there personal lives, I don't care, it's just not the kind of stuff I want to align myself with.  anyways I hope I'm wrong, and I probably am, no one really knows what's up. like I said before there an exceptional band and 4 amazing albums stands up against one slightly less amazing album and video pretty good. Wow that was a lot longer than I intended lol. I apologize.

There, Their They're.  Look into it!
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan said

sublime5446 said

ThatGuy said

There, Their They're.  Look into it!

Heil!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

There is nothing more ignorant than someone that believes there is a difference between the two fascist wings of the tyrannical eagle that controls america.

But yeah, fight the power dweebus.

Anyways, i'll say it again. Most people have become rotten spoiled brats with no class, respect or any sense of reality. A band that we like is releasing an anniversary album with new artwork, and from what the press release said "bonus laden" content. There is nothing about this that requires your shitty attitude or sardonic response.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it, nobody cares if you buy it.

5,000 fans will get varying degrees of enjoyment out of it, and you sinkholes of negativity and spite will continue to think everything is pointless and shitty and "gimmicky".

What's new? Nothing in your frontal lobes, apparently.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I don't know what's worse - people bitching about TOOL, or people bitching about people bitching about TOOL.

Derp, it's the latter, of course.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

an endless spiral
go taff!
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

DRURY said
There is nothing more ignorant than someone that believes there is a difference between the two fascist wings of the tyrannical eagle that controls america.

Anyways, i'll say it again. Most people have become rotten spoiled brats with no class, respect or any sense of reality. A band that we like is releasing an anniversary album with new artwork, and from what the press release said "bonus laden" content. There is nothing about this that requires your shitty attitude or sardonic response.

5,000 fans will get varying degrees of enjoyment out of it, and you sinkholes of negativity and spite will continue to think everything is pointless and shitty and "gimmicky".

/applauds

James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Gwarden said

DRURY said

/applauds

Fucking preach it, Drury. Thank you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe

Why would there be anything new in our frontal lobes?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

im sure adam will make it look quite cool. i do appreciate how everyones a little bitter on it. a lot of times you get people that are such 'mega fans' they like anything thats thrown at them with no sense of whatever you want to call it.

i remember buying Opiate on CASSETTE (which someone took from me and i never got back) in Dec of 1994. the nastaliga of all this puts a smile on my face. Im sure its been remastered (prob by Danny) but if they do not include any other material its more of a money maker then anything else.

if anyone is in the know those live songs im pretty sure were recorded at the Jello Loft i think it was called? i keep thinking they should just release the entire show with this special edition..that would be really good and fitting.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

bob said
im sure adam will make it look quite cool. i do appreciate how everyones a little bitter on it. a lot of times you get people that are such 'mega fans' they like anything thats thrown at them with no sense of whatever you want to call it.

i remember buying Opiate on CASSETTE (which someone took from me and i never got back) in Dec of 1994. the nastaliga of all this puts a smile on my face. Im sure its been remastered (prob by Danny) but if they do not include any other material its more of a money maker then anything else.

if anyone is in the know those live songs im pretty sure were recorded at the Jello Loft i think it was called? i keep thinking they should just release the entire show with this special edition..that would be really good and fitting.

Yeah. I was thinking that as well. Good shit.
SteveBobSteve
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

I don't recall saying anything at all about this opiate rerelease, so I don't know what your all pissy about. I come to this forum pretty regularly, I hardly ever post, and the one time I share my opinion some dickhead freaks out  about nothing. 
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

He was not singling you out, Sublime, trust me. That post was directed towards ALL of the whiny cunts in this forum (this may or may not include you).