February Tool Newsletter released

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

A bit optimistic are we?

I'd say a solid year after it drops in a couple weeks. So March 2014?

Calling it.
SteveBobSteve
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

@Zwerewolf & @badkittygothgirl, sorry I don't want to instigate further arguing but I've read all 100 of the comments on this post twice and I seem to be missing something. what is the back and forth about here? can someone please summarize the facts because I'm missing something for sure. please...if someone can I'd appreciate it.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NYHC81 said
@Zwerewolf & @badkittygothgirl, sorry I don't want to instigate further arguing but I've read all 100 of the comments on this post twice and I seem to be missing something. what is the back and forth about here? can someone please summarize the facts because I'm missing something for sure. please...if someone can I'd appreciate it.

I wouldn't mind that, either.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

In another thread Zwere plugged his instagram account at the end of one of his posts. He/she/they/undead creature of the night did it again somewhere here.

Kitty responded with, "still pushing your instagram account?", then Zwere responded with a post that was full of thunder and lightning.

And I'm pretty sure that's it. Yes, seriously.
Hey! Denty!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Yep, that about sums it up.  He likes to push his intagram (fucking hipsters) account at the end of most of his posts.  I find it entertaining...especially when he explains the two v's instead of a w.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

In that case, I have an awesome portfolio of writing you should all check out!

It's mine lol but I think you'll like it xoxolol!!!<3

Anyways, have a gr8 weekend guys! thinking of you!!!1

Whoopsies! forgot the link lmfao1! www.probablynottheplaceforthis.xoxoxgos ... com.org/kr
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

badkittygothgirl said
Yep, that about sums it up.  He likes to push his intagram (fucking hipsters) account at the end of most of his posts.  I find it entertaining...especially when he explains the two v's instead of a w.

^ Dirty hipsters.  Two v's instead of a w?  Who does that shit?  Only a hipster.  Probably drinks super mocha choca rocka suck a cocka Latte from the local coffee house and recites spoken word poetry.  And wears a baret.

void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Another month passes by...fans debate when the album is going to be released again...some tool news...oh, a re-release of Opiate...The Pot video...

fucking pathetic...
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

mogeffingmog said

badkittygothgirl said

^ Dirty hipsters.  Two v's instead of a w?  Who does that shit?  Only a hipster.  Probably drinks super mocha choca rocka suck a cocka Latte from the local coffee house and recites spoken word poetry.  And wears a baret.

No Hipster rage will ever beat my guitar teacher throwing his pen down in the middle of writing some tab and going on a tirade about the "fucking hipster" waiting on another teacher with a waxed mustache who "probably drank Pabst Blue Ribbon with his pinky out."

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Hahashaha....would lo e to see that on video!
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

It pisses me off that hipsters drink PBR.  We used to drink tons of that shit when I was in the Corps.  Practically lived off PBR and Slim Jims during my tour.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

void said
Another month passes by...fans debate when the album is going to be released again...some tool news...oh, a re-release of Opiate...The Pot video...

fucking pathetic...

^ Truth.  Werd.  Respect.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Dunno how PBR became the Hipster beer of choice.  You would figure it would be some micro brew that no one has ever heard about.  PBR is fucking terrible.  Sorry Nate.  I mean it will get the job done if you just wanna get fucked up, but in terms of taste, it is a hair better than horse piss.

Wait, I know why they go with PBR.  Hipsters are usually broke.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

mogeffingmog said
Dunno how PBR became the Hipster beer of choice.  You would figure it would be some micro brew that no one has ever heard about.  PBR is fucking terrible.  Sorry Nate.  I mean it will get the job done if you just wanna get fucked up, but in terms of taste, it is a hair better than horse piss.

So are Marines, that's why we drank it.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Zwerewolf with W's was taken on instagram already. I've been using it for a while so decided to keep it and used the v's for w's. Thunder and lightning isn't what I'm about but if anyone wants to call me out then don't do it in a round about way. Speak directly to me and let me know what your problem is. I vaguely understand what a hipster is and from my understanding I am nowhere even close to being a hipster. I don't listen to indy music and I don't wear scarves unless I'm out snowboarding or living in Chicago which I no longer do. I don't try to make myself sound cool I just say what I think instead of altering my personality to accomodate others. I also don't post short pointless responses on here like 50% of you. I don't have a facebook which is the most hipster of all and the reason I like instagram is because taking photos is something I enjoy doing and sharing with others. I do see a bunch of chodes on instagram and simply avoid them. It's rare to find people on instagram that I'll follow because about 90% of them are self indulged and obsessive over taking photos of themselves, 6% just keep posting the same fucking pictures over and over again, 2% post bullshit they find online and snapped screenshots of and then there's the final 2% which are cool and like to share their photos and ideas with other like minded people... I like to think I fall into that category. I enjoy it... how does this make me a hipster? I also like regular coffee usually whatever is on sale at the grocery store with a little bit of half and half and light sugar... NO LATTES... A bunch of haters here that are probably less creative with their posts and responses than most 4 year olds on Facebook. That's it for now children.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Zwerewolf said
Zwerewolf with W's was taken on instagram already. I've been using it for a while so decided to keep it and used the v's for w's. Thunder and lightning isn't what I'm about but if anyone wants to call me out then don't do it in a round about way. Speak directly to me and let me know what your problem is. I vaguely understand what a hipster is and from my understanding I am nowhere even close to being a hipster. I don't listen to indy music and I don't wear scarves unless I'm out snowboarding or living in Chicago which I no longer do. I don't try to make myself sound cool I just say what I think instead of altering my personality to accomodate others. I also don't post short pointless responses on here like 50% of you. I don't have a facebook which is the most hipster of all and the reason I like instagram is because taking photos is something I enjoy doing and sharing with others. I do see a bunch of chodes on instagram and simply avoid them. It's rare to find people on instagram that I'll follow because about 90% of them are self indulged and obsessive over taking photos of themselves, 6% just keep posting the same fucking pictures over and over again, 2% post bullshit they find online and snapped screenshots of and then there's the final 2% which are cool and like to share their photos and ideas with other like minded people... I like to think I fall into that category. I enjoy it... how does this make me a hipster? I also like regular coffee usually whatever is on sale at the grocery store with a little bit of half and half and light sugar... NO LATTES... A bunch of haters here that are probably less creative with their posts and responses than most 4 year olds on Facebook. That's it for now children.

Tell us how you really feel
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Furthermore... PBR is pretty gross I'll have to agree. Anyone like flying dog beer? Try Gonzo if you haven't already had it. Comes in a 4 pack and I think it's about 12% alcohol. RIP H. S. Thompson
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

mogeffingmog said

I have never had a problem with PBR.

It has won blue ribbons.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Agenda
Maynard Believer

Post by Agenda »

Sorry to steer the thread slightly back on topic, but does anything think we may end up with Lustmord remixes of Opiate songs with this release? It would fall right in line with what they did with the Schism and Parabola dvds. Personally, I would like to see way more than just some new artwork and couple remixes, but I won't hold my breathe. I wonder what they will try to sell new artwork on an old album for. 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Agenda said
Sorry to steer the thread slightly back on topic, but does anything think we may end up with Lustmord remixes of Opiate songs with this release? It would fall right in line with what they did with the Schism and Parabola dvds. Personally, I would like to see way more than just some new artwork and couple remixes, but I won't hold my breathe. I wonder what they will try to sell new artwork on an old album for. 

I sincerely fucking hope not.
Agenda
Maynard Believer

Post by Agenda »

I really didn't like those remixes FWIW.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the two bands don't have much in common musically (except they are both from my youth) but the Deftones have put out one and a half pretty damn good albums since 10,000 Days. Just saw them last night in NYC. They sound fantastic live (one of the few things both bands have in common). It's odd being their bassist is out of commission and they're a bass driven band (you could argue) that they would release two new LP's since his tragic accident. Not really trying to make a point here, just posting some fragmented opinions. I would be more disappointed if the Deftones fell silent for 7 years though. I honestly believe Tool is about ready to pop with some new music, I've finally reached my threshold of patience, same reason I signed up here. But I'm not stretched thin like "butter scraped over too much bread", I've just come to that place as I did after Lateralus where I listen to the previous work straight through and take a deep breath. Okay, what's next? Does that jive at all with anyone here?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

NYHC81 said
the two bands don't have much in common musically (except they are both from my youth) but the Deftones have put out one and a half pretty damn good albums since 10,000 Days. Just saw them last night in NYC. They sound fantastic live (one of the few things both bands have in common). It's odd being their bassist is out of commission and they're a bass driven band (you could argue) that they would release two new LP's since his tragic accident. Not really trying to make a point here, just posting some fragmented opinions. I would be more disappointed if the Deftones fell silent for 7 years though. I honestly believe Tool is about ready to pop with some new music, I've finally reached my threshold of patience, same reason I signed up here. But I'm not stretched thin like "butter scraped over too much bread", I've just come to that place as I did after Lateralus where I listen to the previous work straight through and take a deep breath. Okay, what's next? Does that jive at all with anyone here?

Uh sure. Welcome to the horror show.

SteveBobSteve
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

crow011 said

Agenda said

^This.  If Lustmord remixes of Opiate songs are part of the rerelease I may just by the album for the sole purpose of, literally, pooping on it.

Oh, and PBR is kinda gross.  If you wanna just get all fucked up, get some shitty mexican beer and add some lime/lime juice and some salt.  And I'll drink the shit out of some vanilla and/or caramel lattes.  Talk about some deliciousness.

I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop said

crow011 said

Agenda said

^This.  If Lustmord remixes of Opiate songs are part of the rerelease I may just by the album for the sole purpose of, literally, pooping on it.

Oh, and PBR is kinda gross.  If you wanna just get all fucked up, get some shitty mexican beer and add some lime/lime juice and some salt.  And I'll drink the shit out of some vanilla and/or caramel lattes.  Talk about some deliciousness.

one artist one project

use them and move on

lustmord has been used

move on

same with anyone else

keep it fresh boys

keep it fresh

like your armpits 

and your taint
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.