Opiate 21st Anniversary Edition hits the printers

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Everytime somebody starts a positive thread about tool it gets invaded. Js.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Could say the same about the negative ones...

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

All irrelevant.  So now we have the information about this 21st Anniversary release of Opiate.  I presented my position on the most recent updates, what do the rest of you think?
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I don't give a shit about this release and hope it wasn;t that left field announcement blair was talking about. I also knew that there wouldn't be any bonus tracks.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Still no interest in buying it,and still dont really understand why they're doing it,sentimental reasons was it? I dont get how its a thank you to the fans or what they are being thankful for. This seem's like AJ's little pet to me.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

cant believe there is no vinyl release.
nicholas
Maynard Believer

Post by nicholas »

Nicholas said:
what is the glaring mistake with this tour poster… double-checked date & venue and that seems to be correct. i’m from the u.s. but i have this one so I’m very curious…?

Zwerewolf Responds: It says 2011 not 2013. Not sure that has anything to do with Adam. If anyone disagrees with him being a perfectionist I’d ask them to take a look at the actual artwork he does and not the text on some poster thathe probably had nothing to do with. The artwork speaks volumes. Someone else said in this forum… “TOOL are fucking astounding.” …. AGREED dude…. I don’t understand all the negativity and I’m patiently waiting for the new album without any disdain for this re-release of opiate or for the way they are handling things with the new album.

Hey Zwerewolf, that poster WAS from 2 years ago, 2011. You're thinking it's for this years' tour(?)... Did they rerelease it or something?
They also did I think a blue variation of that graphic for another show in the same leg (Australia). Red MUCH cooler though. I bought an artists' print directly online, and while it's numbered out of 100, I have a personal email from them saying it's actually one of 27 or 30, that 100 just sounded/looked better.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

brewdog123 said
cant believe there is no vinyl release.

Where did it say that?

Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The problem with that poster (it was from the 2011 tour) is that February is spelled incorrectly.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

the article mentions cds several times.  i am assuming no vinyl
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

BlindandCynical said

Kittaan said
^ That wasn't directed at just you, Moggie.  Merely an observation and a suggestion.  Not trying to change any opinions either.  In fact, I do see both sides of the discussion... I'm just extremely bored with it.

I couldn't agree more.  Especially when the negative Nancys have to say the same thing every time they get a chance. This forum does not have so many members that you have to say something more the once in every thread possible.  We get it, you don't respect them, or don't like them, or think they are lazy etc.  I for one would probably be the same way.  If i was 50 years old, had enough money i didn't have to make more. I would do things when i wanted, or only when its convenient.  I would take spur of the moment vacations, and relax as much as possible.  They are a very successful band with NOTHING to prove, why can't they be lazy?  That's one thing none of the haters address.  They always say how lazy they are, but never say why they haven't earned the right.  Just let it be, you guys bring this forum down. 

^ This is the point.  You are responding to "the haters".  I don't believe I have even posted in your direction by name once.  You can simply move on to the next post, rather than feel the need to "defend" the band.  As for proving, I would say Tool has quite a bit left to prove.  4 full length albums over 21 years is rather pitiful in terms of output.  They are only relevant at this point because they have an incredibly devoted group of fans, that quite frankly, I don't think they deserve.  But to each their own.  Start a Tool positivity thread.  Wax poetic about how Tool's music has enriched your life.  Nothing is stopping you.

Again, we are veering off topic, because YOU, the ardent fan, are making things personal.  Present an opinion, debate the issue, or move on to something else.

They accomplished more in those 4 albums than most bands have done throughout their entire careers...
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

mogeffingmog said

BlindandCynical said

Kittaan said
^ That wasn't directed at just you, Moggie.  Merely an observation and a suggestion.  Not trying to change any opinions either.  In fact, I do see both sides of the discussion... I'm just extremely bored with it.

I couldn't agree more.  Especially when the negative Nancys have to say the same thing every time they get a chance. This forum does not have so many members that you have to say something more the once in every thread possible.  We get it, you don't respect them, or don't like them, or think they are lazy etc.  I for one would probably be the same way.  If i was 50 years old, had enough money i didn't have to make more. I would do things when i wanted, or only when its convenient.  I would take spur of the moment vacations, and relax as much as possible.  They are a very successful band with NOTHING to prove, why can't they be lazy?  That's one thing none of the haters address.  They always say how lazy they are, but never say why they haven't earned the right.  Just let it be, you guys bring this forum down. 

^ This is the point.  You are responding to "the haters".  I don't believe I have even posted in your direction by name once.  You can simply move on to the next post, rather than feel the need to "defend" the band.  As for proving, I would say Tool has quite a bit left to prove.  4 full length albums over 21 years is rather pitiful in terms of output.  They are only relevant at this point because they have an incredibly devoted group of fans, that quite frankly, I don't think they deserve.  But to each their own.  Start a Tool positivity thread.  Wax poetic about how Tool's music has enriched your life.  Nothing is stopping you.

Again, we are veering off topic, because YOU, the ardent fan, are making things personal.  Present an opinion, debate the issue, or move on to something else.

I am making nothing personal, or am i taking anything personal.  I'm just giving my opinion about how "the haters" are beating a dead horse.   I could have written your opinion for you, everyone here knew what you were going to say before you even said it. I read Adam's interview before going here, and i could already see what you were going to post. Personally I don't have a standard of how many albums a group should put out, 1 or 2 or 20. if they are quality, which I realize is a subjective thing, then they have earned their money, and the right to do with it what they please.  Likewise they can do whatever they want with their time. As far as this release, depending on how much it cost i may purchase it.  Opiate is the only album I've never purchased.  I will admit I'm probably one of the newer listeners to tool.  I didn't get into them until about 2005, so our views are probably very different and come from a different place. My view is no one owes me anything, so I have no right to complain. Other then saying GIMME GIMME GIMME. Which IMO is not complaining more then expressing my thirst for something new.

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

children said

mogeffingmog said

BlindandCynical said

Kittaan said

They accomplished more in those 4 albums than most bands have done throughout their entire careers...

Exactly. And that's why people keep coming back. Even the haters. This band is so good that people throw hissyfits like a 3 year old who just got his rattle taken away. People say that they dont care, or that they've moved on, that this band sucks, yadda yadda yadda. But really, this band fucking owns. Hard. And everybody is on the edge of their seats because they want more songs like Prison Sex or Parabola. Even if they take another 5 years, the same people will keep coming back saying the same shit.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

No bonus tracks, ahahahahahahahahahahaha

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

gamebounty said

children said

mogeffingmog said

BlindandCynical said

Kittaan said

Exactly. And that's why people keep coming back. Even the haters. This band is so good that people throw hissyfits like a 3 year old who just got his rattle taken away. People say that they dont care, or that they've moved on, that this band sucks, yadda yadda yadda. But really, this band fucking owns. Hard. And everybody is on the edge of their seats because they want more songs like Prison Sex or Parabola. Even if they take another 5 years, the same people will keep coming back saying the same shit.

You are getting off topic GB.  Please take this sort of tomfoolery to the Grudge.

I gather from your post that you are excited for the upcoming 21st edition re-release of Opiate.  Splendid.  I do hope you get your copy.  Good luck and Godspeed!

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I'm glad they decided to do this "for the fans," but nonetheless I'll respectfully  pass if it's just some new artwork. I was never very artistically minded. Wonder what the price will be. $30-$50? Sounds like Jones is really proud of it, and said it will be very collectible, so probably over $100.
SteveBobSteve
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

ToolUser said
Busty why not go check the original quote and context then,you lazy cunt! Honestly the shit people come out with on here.

Gamebounty I wouldnt take justin's comment's too seriously,but thats just me. Maybe they are still in love with making music,I still think they are struggling for ideas though which is why it is taking so long and why they are also considering a change of scenery to help inspire them. I might be wrong. I know those that think of tool as geniuses with an inexhaustable well of talent and idea's wont go along with it but that's their choice.

Coz I quite simply couldn't be fucked sifting through all the shit people like yourself continuously post on here to find it.. Thought that much would've been obvious from my post.. As Kitaan, mentioned, it's getting real old on these forums of late.. Just the same argument over & over again..

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ToolUser said
What do you bring to the table then kitaan? Not that its any of my business just asking like.

Nothing special.  Was I expected to?   In what context?  No offense taken, just not sure what you're asking.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Busty McCracken said

ToolUser said
Busty why not go check the original quote and context then,you lazy cunt! Honestly the shit people come out with on here.

Gamebounty I wouldnt take justin's comment's too seriously,but thats just me. Maybe they are still in love with making music,I still think they are struggling for ideas though which is why it is taking so long and why they are also considering a change of scenery to help inspire them. I might be wrong. I know those that think of tool as geniuses with an inexhaustable well of talent and idea's wont go along with it but that's their choice.

Coz I quite simply couldn't be fucked sifting through all the shit people like yourself continuously post on here to find it.. Thought that much would've been obvious from my post.. As Kitaan, mentioned, it's getting real old on these forums of late.. Just the same argument over & over again..

You are getting off topic Busty.  Please take this sort of tomfoolery to the Grudge.

I gather from your post that you are excited for the upcoming 21st edition re-release of Opiate.  Splendid.  I do hope you get your copy.  Good luck and Godspeed!

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Sincerest apologies my good man..

And nah, to be honest, unless it's a Salival type release with live / rare tracks, I couldn't give a flying fuck about it.. 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken said
Sincerest apologies my good man..

And nah, to be honest, unless it's a Salival type release with live / rare tracks, I couldn't give a flying fuck about it.. 

+ 1

And actually, I'm relieved in a way.  I hate stressing about getting anything "rare" I care about... especially if it's dependent upon that clusterfuck of a Tool store... how's that for positivity?!  But I know we can ALL agree that store sucks.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Yeah, it would have sucked if some bonus material was only available on a collectible. I was hoping that if they did release bonus tracks on this anniversary reissue, that there would be a commercial release of the material in the near future, and the collector's edition was meant to be something special and rare.
st1nkf1st
Maynard Believer

Post by st1nkf1st »

hellboy1975 said

st1nkf1st said
Sounds and looks like a god damn scam to me...... shit is getting old

A scam?  What's your definition of a scam?  You proposing they're going to take our money and not deliver anything?

look up my definition for "scam" under "shit is getting old". forgot how god damn dry you are........ should have spat first. b a l l s
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Just that you seem to criticize the quality of conversation here then dont offer much yourself. Entertain us all with your wisdom and wise ways so we can learn to be like you.
nicholas
Maynard Believer

Post by nicholas »

Oh I (didn't) see.