Opiate 21st Anniversary Edition hits the printers

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Did you read the part where this went off the tracks completely?

Yeah, waaaaay back there.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said

NYHC81 said
@Ravenpig - the "Crazy Train" cover and the "Problem 8" possibility I typed was in quotes because it came directly from the same Blair newsletter. Did you not pick up on that?

Are you seriously asking me this question?  Did you not read the part where I wrote that half of it came from one of the newsletters?  You know, the whole post?

Did you read the part where he said it was from the newsletter as well?

I actually didn't, but I find that irrelevant.  His/her question just astounded me. Anyway, not getting into one of these arguments.  I'm wrong and I'm moving on.

Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

You are truly evil. But you are necessary evil...
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said

NYHC81 said
@Ravenpig - the "Crazy Train" cover and the "Problem 8" possibility I typed was in quotes because it came directly from the same Blair newsletter. Did you not pick up on that?

Are you seriously asking me this question?  Did you not read the part where I wrote that half of it came from one of the newsletters?  You know, the whole post?

I actually didn't, but I find that irrelevant.  His/her question j

J????? J what??????

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

reiEenieKdnU said

Ravenpig said

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said

NYHC81 said

I actually didn't, but I find that irrelevant.  His/her question j

J????? J what??????

Heh yea my phone messed up.  I fixed it. 
Hey! Denty!
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

NYHC81 said
We haven't heard more than a snake fart's worth of news in the past few years that was worth anything and now the rumblings have begun. You would think Tool fans would be more excited and not so impatient and negative. Honestly, most of their songs are about being realistic, positive and patient. There have been more possibilities of touring, material and art in many shapes/forms coming directly from the source as well. This band has done more interviews in the past two months then they have put out (combined) since 2001. Don't get too down, don't even be indifferent, get excited. Fuck that, BE excited. This isn't a Korn blog.

truly the voice of reason
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Tool evolved way past these chumps that would spit venom all over the internet at every scrap of news they get their claws on.

Makes me wonder why they are so interested in a band they hate so much and have no respect for.

You guys love tool so much it hurts, but you fail to realize its only YOU that is hurting. Tool continues to do their thing, which whatever it is, i assure you is cooler than what you accomplish any given day.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

This thread has spun way off topic yet my post is the one that gets deleted and I get "banned" or whatever?  That's great, in glad our voices are all treated equally around here.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

If it's any consolation, my post was deleted too...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, that's some ban you got there.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

This thread has spun way off topic yet my post is the one that gets deleted and I get "banned" or whatever?  That's great, in glad our voices are all treated equally around here.

You're better than this Nate.  I deleted about 30 posts this morning, 10 of which were your sad attempt at humour.  To be honest I'm close to shutting the forum down since a small number of idiots can't see to keep their mouths in check, and I'm starting to lose the patience to maintain it.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said

You're better than this Nate.  I deleted about 30 posts this morning, 10 of which were your sad attempt at humour.  To be honest I'm close to shutting the forum down since a small number of idiots can't see to keep their mouths in check, and I'm starting to lose the patience to maintain it.

Ah c'mon.  Can't let the negative-nancy's win.  There's alot of great threads on here, just the negative-nancy's need to keep said attitude in the proper thread.

I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

markuspoop said 
Ah c'mon.  Can't let the negative-nancy's win.  There's alot of great threads on here, just the negative-nancy's need to keep said attitude in the proper thread.

It's not the negativity that bothers me.  It's the pissing contest that happens afterwards.  If people were capable of discussing this stuff like adults then I'd have no problem.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Yeah, kinda sucks I guess that almost every thread seems to turn into a "tool sucks because of......." and "tool doesn't suck because of......" argument.  At least that shit hasn't seeped into the boobies or walking dead thread, yet.
I like to poop naked.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

FUCK YOU, AUSSIE SCUM!!!! (Insert relevant Tool lyric here)

Now... that packaging looks pretty cool just from the brief glimpse. I might actually get one of these because I'm a print/packaging fetishist. And when I take all their releases and put them on a shelf... yeah. One of them stands out and not in the best way. Not to mention I long ago lost my physical copy of this. Depending on the price, naturally. I don't know that I'd shell out more than $30 for the thing unless it had some really, REALLY cool and engaging extras.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I like the idea someone had earlier of this being a Salival 2 type deal. Salival was released right before Lateralus, maybe this will be another live release right before the album. I guess we'll just wait and see, eh folks?
SteveBobSteve
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

markuspoop said
Yeah, kinda sucks I guess that almost every thread seems to turn into a "tool sucks because of......." and "tool doesn't suck because of......" argument.  At least that shit hasn't seeped into the boobies or walking dead thread, yet.

Don't jinx the walking dead thread!

We've had arguments in the booby thread, but that specific argument is gone.

SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

joeypants said
FUCK YOU, AUSSIE SCUM!!!! (Insert relevant Tool lyric here)

Now... that packaging looks pretty cool just from the brief glimpse. I might actually get one of these because I'm a print/packaging fetishist. And when I take all their releases and put them on a shelf... yeah. One of them stands out and not in the best way. Not to mention I long ago lost my physical copy of this. Depending on the price, naturally. I don't know that I'd shell out more than $30 for the thing unless it had some really, REALLY cool and engaging extras.

So how you can put it on a shelf then?  Your story has more holes than a cheese grater.
Don't mow your lawn
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@hellboy1975 Apologies... I feel suspect... Only righteous responses to the topic from me from now on. Scouts honor! Prints look cool and I'm considering buying one. I never bought Salival and regretted it. Once the new album drops I'll also re-purchase all of the other albums again just to support them. I don't support any other record sales so... seems fair.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I'm still in the camp of wanting to know more about what'll be offered in this "anniversary package" before deciding one way or another as to whether I'll be purchasing.  Now if this is along the lines of a Salival-type thing I could definitely be down for that.
I like to poop naked.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

markuspoop said
I'm still in the camp of wanting to know more about what'll be offered in this "anniversary package" before deciding one way or another as to whether I'll be purchasing.  Now if this is along the lines of a Salival-type thing I could definitely be down for that.

+1

SteveBobSteve
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

i have a thought....critique it to your usual self(selves?)......do you think this(21st anniversary opiate edition) is part of a big collectors boxset...do you think 'undertow' will get a re-work too?  does paul get his cut?  aenima?
go taff!
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I have no doubts it will be worth it. I can't see them releasing BS.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

budsyralli said
i have a thought....critique it to your usual self(selves?)......do you think this(21st anniversary opiate edition) is part of a big collectors boxset...do you think 'undertow' will get a re-work too?  does paul get his cut?  aenima?

Interesting thought. I'm not sure though, I think the Opiate one is given special attention because it was their first. Aenima re-work would be B.A. though.

SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

budsyralli said

On one hand I expect a precedent has been set, and we'll see this happen on all their albums.

On the other hand perhaps Adam was just not as happy with the original design of the Opiate art (which was presumably a low budget exercise) and just fancies getting a new vision of the package out there.

As to Paul getting a cut, it would all depend on the contract he signed when he left the band.  Presuming he didn't sign away his right to royalties I expect he'd get some cash out of this.