Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

indeed

go taff!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'd buy one just to film me burning it and uploading it to youtube.

Fan boi tears would alone be worth the money.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said
Add me to the "Opiate kicks ass" club

Sorry.  We're booked solid until July.  Next time try calling in advance.

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
I'd buy one just to film me burning it and uploading it to youtube.

Fan boi tears would alone be worth the money.

Do it once they're well and truly sold out, and people are flogging them for, like, $150 on eBay.

I'd actually be willing to chip-in with you on this.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

With a link in the video to an ebay listing selling the ashes
toolrocks
Maynard Believer

Post by toolrocks »

Bottom line is they got (or feel) fucked the first time they put out Opiate, MJK being the money makin machine that he is said "said hey I have an idea".....Fool me once shame on you fool me twice empty wallets lil sheep. Adams reply.. yea yea thats great Ill add some artwork and have some oldtime printer pump them out, it'll be great!!!! Im over the whole wish they would put out an album already thing so I couldn't care less what they do these days, go gettem TOOL. Ive seen TOOL so many times in the early days, I know I will never see those days again. I remember when I first bought Opiate. The only reason I bought it was because of the album cover, I was hooked ever since. I get where they are coming from, if I were in their position I probably wouldnt have even put out 10000 days. I feel fortunate that I got to see them in those angry,hungry days. Peace out
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

toolrocks said
Bottom line is they got (or feel) fucked the first time they put out Opiate, MJK being the money makin machine that he is said "said hey I have an idea".....Fool me once shame on you fool me twice empty wallets lil sheep. Adams reply.. yea yea thats great Ill add some artwork and have some oldtime printer pump them out, it'll be great!!!! Im over the whole wish they would put out an album already thing so I couldn't care less what they do these days, go gettem TOOL. Ive seen TOOL so many times in the early days, I know I will never see those days again. I remember when I first bought Opiate. The only reason I bought it was because of the album cover, I was hooked ever since. I get where they are coming from, if I were in their position I probably wouldnt have even put out 10000 days. I feel fortunate that I got to see them in those angry,hungry days. Peace out

After you take out all the costs Tool would be lucky to make $100,000 from selling 5000 copies of Opiate.  They'd probably make more money than that playing a single gig.  If the members of Tool are in it just to make money they're going about it all the wrong way.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

toolrocks said

After you take out all the costs Tool would be lucky to make $100,000 from selling 5000 copies of Opiate.  They'd probably make more money than that playing a single gig.  If the members of Tool are in it just to make money they're going about it all the wrong way.

900!!!!!!!

Don't mow your lawn
toolrocks
Maynard Believer

Post by toolrocks »

Yea you're right about that, I guess Im just not seeing the point. I guess they really want to do it for the fans.
toolrocks
Maynard Believer

Post by toolrocks »

Im a computer retard how do I add someones quote when replying to theirs. do I have to copy and paste, did I mention retard
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

toolrocks said
Im a computer retard how do I add someones quote when replying to theirs. do I have to copy and paste, did I mention retard

Click the button that says Quote
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

toolrocks said

So any plans for your 1,000th post?

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said

hellboy1975 said

toolrocks said

So any plans for your 1,000th post?

I'm hoping it will be telling Tyson he's a dick for burning the Opiate reissue.
toolrocks
Maynard Believer

Post by toolrocks »

toolrocks said

Reply ↓

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
This is the only thing I have on my computer, anyway great job Hellboy with website. I come here first to get TOOL news first
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ah ok, you're posting from the blog instead of the forum. In that case just wrap the text you want to quote with the blockquote tag.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
With a link in the video to an ebay listing selling the ashes

We could break even if we dress this up right.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yeah, they're not going to make much money on this. That kind of specialty printing is not cheap at all and packaging really adds up. Of course, we don't know what they're charging. But limited runs like that aren't going to net them much cash, as Hellboy pointed out.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Could well be just a bit of a side project for adam. The rest of the band seem to all have things going on,what does adam get up to?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ToolUser said
Could well be just a bit of a side project for adam. The rest of the band seem to all have things going on,what does adam get up to?

I say good on him.

I wrote him off a while ago. His boring, bland, art could probably use some bizarre comic-book artist outsider's perspective. It's just a pity it wasn't Ben Templesmith. Holy shit can that boy illustrate.

As long as the fans get what they pay for, it really shouldn't affect any of the rest of us. Though, again, the whole concept does strike me as being a little weak.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Adam just posted a picture of himself signing the new Opiate copies on instagram.  Apparently all 5000 are signed, I THINK by the whole band.  I am pretty sure that's May Jay's "M" on the copies.
Hey! Denty!
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

They really wrote their signatures 5,000 times?  Figured they would just make it part of the print.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

sooo rad
go taff!
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

So much for hoping for a $30 price tag, what now $100 at least?