Fancy dinner with Maynard?

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said
Oh well this is nice. It might conflict with the wine tasting I'm hosting at my house. Only $50 per person!

I'm sure this will be like any wine tasting he holds. Most of the people in attendance will be Tool fans, Maynard will get pissed, the dinner will be a huge success.

AU$500 says he wears sunglasses the entire time.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

toolphishdhs said
I could think of at least a couple people on this forum that will offer to pay well over $200 for this. Why only shell out 200 when you could actually be there when your mystical hero actually jumps the shark? i bet he uses his dick to stir every bit of wine before it goes to bottling. mmmmmmm keep sucking up all that Nard dick. fucking losers. who would actually do this?

People that enjoy good wine and food? It's honestly not that weird. Although the worlds of Tool fans and the wine/fine dining world certainly don't overlap much so it's not that surprising there's confusion.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said

toolphishdhs said
I could think of at least a couple people on this forum that will offer to pay well over $200 for this. Why only shell out 200 when you could actually be there when your mystical hero actually jumps the shark? i bet he uses his dick to stir every bit of wine before it goes to bottling. mmmmmmm keep sucking up all that Nard dick. fucking losers. who would actually do this?

People that enjoy good wine and food? It's honestly not that weird. Although the worlds of Tool fans and the wine/fine dining world certainly don't overlap much so it's not that surprising there's confusion.

I don't know, man. A lot of us are old now. I'm sure more than a few of us have developed an appreciation for the finer things in life.

Not to mention the ability to pay for it. I'll put it this way: I don't make any fucking money at all, but the difference in the money I have now compared to when I got into TOOL is astronomical.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

This is a very normal event for this type of interest. Good wine, good food and in Beverly Hills I'd say this is fair priced... might even been a good deal actually (if this is your sort of thing and it's definitely my sort of thing). If you've ever been to Beverly Hills you'll know that it's not going to be in some piece of shit run down building either. It's not a TOOL related event and I doubt it will be filled with TOOL fans either. If they won't even spend the $30-$50 for the Opiate re-release I doubt the'll spend $200 just to eat and drink wine in a room with Maynard especially if they think he's a sellout and a bag of dicks... I would pay for this if it were closer to home because I don't think Maynard is a bag of dicks nor do I think he's a sellout. I'm actually interested in drinking his wine and considering most of the bottles I'd like to try about close to $100 why not have an awesome fucking dinner with several different glasses of his wine? That's how I look at it... Did you see the menu? MMMMMMM..... That's good eats.
Pgrantham
Maynard Believer

Post by Pgrantham »

I bet Maynard would be happier if wasn't such a fucking alcoholic. After quitting drinking for a while, detoxing, and revamping my diet...not only am I now happier in general, but when I have the occasional beer, I would feel like COMPLETE SHIT and pissed off at absolutely anything in my way the next morning. When I was in my drunken stupor of drinking everyday, I didn't really notice how bad I felt and the negative attitude I would display to others.

Whatever. Wine and dining still sounds like a merry ole'time.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yeah, agreed. If I were in L.A. or it was here, I'd consider it. I'm more of a "foodie" in the sense that I love seeking out cooler/more low key stuff. The fancy/$$$ shit very, very rarely impresses me.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Indeed crow. Since ive been coming to belgium ive not only discovered a whole other world of beer but ive opened myself to wine too. Which has in turn led me to be a little more picky when it comes to the shit I eat. This probably has something to do with getting older too but anyway, $200 sounds pretty cheap for lobster,wine and a night with a 'celeberity' if thats what your into.

My question is what the fuck would you say to him? Anyone? Ive thought about this a bit and as much as I like his music and respect his talent im not sure id like to have dinner with him. If I did I could tell him how much I like his music I suppose,that might be a bit awkward though,id feel like a knobhead and he has heard it all before anyway. So what then? Current affairs? Would I want to pay to talk about the new pope with maynard when I can just do the same with some random guy at the buststop?

Ive met celeberities before but none that I was a particular fan of(before I met them anyway) so has anyone here ever met one of their heroes/idols/favorite celeberity? What did you say? Was it awkward? Maybe this is for another thread but im just curious about peoples reasons for doing this.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ToolUser said
Indeed crow. Since ive been coming to belgium ive not only discovered a whole other world of beer but ive opened myself to wine too. Which has in turn led me to be a little more picky when it comes to the shit I eat. This probably has something to do with getting older too but anyway, $200 sounds pretty cheap for lobster,wine and a night with a 'celeberity' if thats what your into.

My question is what the fuck would you say to him? Anyone? Ive thought about this a bit and as much as I like his music and respect his talent im not sure id like to have dinner with him. If I did I could tell him how much I like his music I suppose,that might be a bit awkward though,id feel like a knobhead and he has heard it all before anyway. So what then? Current affairs? Would I want to pay to talk about the new pope with maynard when I can just do the same with some random guy at the buststop?

Ive met celeberities before but none that I was a particular fan of(before I met them anyway) so has anyone here ever met one of their heroes/idols/favorite celeberity? What did you say? Was it awkward? Maybe this is for another thread but im just curious about peoples reasons for doing this.

I've met CAT POWER and KAPT'N K. TREY SPRUANCE. The dudes from THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT. The same thing: Thanks for the tunes, and coming out to play. We all really appreciate it. Can't wait to hear whatever you have coming out next. All the very best. Rock on.

And then walk away.

I don't really think we as fans should flock to "rock stars" and profess our undying love - though I do think a personal little "thanks, man, I appreciate your tunes" and a hand shake means a lot to them.

And it's kind of nice for us to get up close and find out if they're fucking assholes. I've yet to shake the hand of a musician whom I respect who's turned out to be a dick, but it would be good to know if they were.

I bet DAVID FORD is a pretentious prick. Something about him just give me that vibe.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Oh, and it was only awkward one time with CAT POWER, because she was high as fuck on MDMA, and wouldn't stop hugging me and my girlfriend at the time.

Then she got on stage, got bombed on whiskey, then played two songs and left.

She wasn't an asshole per se, but it was still pretty frustrating. Good to see she's got her shit together now, even though she's lost the fire. Admit it - she fucking sucks now.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I don't know that the people going to this dinner are going to have a very long period of time to talk to him individually. I'm sure there are only so many seats being sold and he'll be sitting at a table with select people more than likely. At these type of events there's a certain etiquette that goes along with it and that includes not getting up and interrupting someone elses dinner and conversation at another table. If I had to say anything it would be short and to the point... "I love the music you've done with TOOL and A Perfect Circle and have always found your lyrics to be very eye opening and vaugue enough to allow the listener to interpret it in many different lights of their own which I believe is skillful execution on your part. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us." If I had tasted his wine by that moment I'd definitely comment on it and say (if it was good) that "I will be looking forward to obtaining more and will be very interested in seeing the success of the wineries in that area." Remember... this area in which he's built a winery from the ground up is not known for wine at all... California holds most of the bragging rights in this country when it comes to wine... Anyways, point is... wouldn't have an opportunity to say much and I don't know that I'd want to. I appreciate his writing and achievements but I couldn't see myself chumming it up with him... I DID GET TO MEET RICHARD KIEL ONCE.... That was awesome! (for those of you who do not know who he is he played Jaws in 2 007 films "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Moonraker") He was such a nice guy and I had already been a fan of his especially after he played Mr. Larson in Happy Gilmore haha. This happened oh about 4 years ago at a skit resort. He was sitting in the bar most of the day while his kids and grand kids were skiing or snowboarding. He had a cane and an oxygen tank with him so he's getting old and for people as big as he is... well they eventually have severe health issues. But he was spry and I shook his big old claw and told him I loved everything he was in and shot some shit with him about his family and the super bowl because it was the day of the super bowl. His hand were fucking gigantic! It was crazy I got home and called my mom immediately because she got me hooked on the 007 movies when I was a kid. She was jealous I met him...
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Where did you meet the butterfly effect? Are they american? When I was traveling in oz I worked for a company cutting peoples lawns and cleaning their properties and one of the clients was the guitarist from an aussie band called 1000 needles in red I think? He also played for POD when they toured in oz,and im sure the singer from the butterfly effect was also in the band with him but I might be wrong here,I cant remember his name but he was a really nice guy though!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Did he have big metal teeth?

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

lol. seriously, bitch or do whatever you want at me but anyone that backs this up has their head up their ass. coming from mr 'i dont want to bother with fans' and all that is now having dinner with fans if you pay. what a douche! ya, u can stick your wine bottles up your ass maynard! haha
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ToolUser said
Where did you meet the butterfly effect? Are they american? When I was traveling in oz I worked for a company cutting peoples lawns and cleaning their properties and one of the clients was the guitarist from an aussie band called 1000 needles in red I think? He also played for POD when they toured in oz,and im sure the singer from the butterfly effect was also in the band with him but I might be wrong here,I cant remember his name but he was a really nice guy though!

In Newcastle after they supported COG. No, they're Australian. I bought their first EP, but lost interest after that.

Nice boys just having fun. I went and took them for pies after the pub shut. Pretty cool night.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

bob said
lol. seriously, bitch or do whatever you want at me but anyone that backs this up has their head up their ass. coming from mr 'i dont want to bother with fans' and all that is now having dinner with fans if you pay. what a douche! ya, u can stick your wine bottles up your ass maynard! haha

Fuck, man, I'm really trying hard not to be negative, but other people are seemingly doing it for me. You are totally correct.

Please, fanbois, I beg you: Yes, we all love the tunes. But please realise that this band is doing some really weird stuff right now. It's OK to feel a little disillusioned.

I know the rest of us normal fans are.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

HAHAHA! He did not have big metal teeth. If he did though I would have totally grabbed my camera out of the car and ran back as quick as possible for a picture. Meh.. I'm not big on autographs or photos of celebs. I get to keep that moment in my brain until I get dementia, amnesia, some other form of memory loss or die... Very very nice guy and of all the odd ball people in the world I was glad to have met him for sure. "Hey Mr. Larson how's the...." "Oh! it's great! Doctor says the nail comes out next week!" Bahahaha!
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

ToolUser said
Next will be figurines of the band. I shit you not! Is it just me or are they becoming more of a laughing stock by the minute?

This is the most ignorant post I have ever read on this entire forum. Maynard is first and foremost in our minds the lead singer of Tool, but he is also a vintner, and his wine making has nothing to do with his music making with Tool (Puscifer is another story, in my opinion, a hybrid project). Further, his wine making has nothing to do with the image or actions of Tool or the other members. Danny's not going to call him up and go, "Hey man, don't you think this wine tasting deal is kind of a sell-out move? It's kind of screwing up our mysterious image," because he has nothing to do with Caduceus Cellars or Merkin Vineyards. If you can't differentiate between the music Tool creates, the wine Caduceus creates, and Maynard's obligation to the two, then I really don't know what to tell you. These guys have worked hard for their success, and personally I will wait as long as necessary to hear their work again--they can do whatever the hell they want with what they have earned, and they owe you nothing. 

Or, if you have your head too far up your ass for that, remember that Maynard "sold out long before you ever even heard [his] name." 
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

lol oh dear
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

James said

ToolUser said
Next will be figurines of the band. I shit you not! Is it just me or are they becoming more of a laughing stock by the minute?

This is the most ignorant post I have ever read on this entire forum. Maynard is first and foremost in our minds the lead singer of Tool, but he is also a vintner, and his wine making has nothing to do with his music making with Tool (Puscifer is another story, in my opinion, a hybrid project). Further, his wine making has nothing to do with the image or actions of Tool or the other members. Danny's not going to call him up and go, "Hey man, don't you think this wine tasting deal is kind of a sell-out move? It's kind of screwing up our mysterious image," because he has nothing to do with Caduceus Cellars or Merkin Vineyards. If you can't differentiate between the music Tool creates, the wine Caduceus creates, and Maynard's obligation to the two, then I really don't know what to tell you. These guys have worked hard for their success, and personally I will wait as long as necessary to hear their work again--they can do whatever the hell they want with what they have earned, and they owe you nothing. 

Or, if you have your head too far up your ass for that, remember that Maynard "sold out long before you ever even heard [his] name." 

I'm out.

Thanks for the laughs, dude.

By the way, welcome to the children and drury group. I'm sure I'm missing a few others, but I'm sure you'll eventually rub shoulders with them.

Fucking hell.

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Maynard said who are you to wave your finger so shut it james,its people like you that give this forum a bad name gaww!!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Starting to realise how much fun mogs been having all this time the trolling cunt.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ToolUser said
Starting to realise how much fun mogs been having all this time the trolling cunt.

Don't quote me on this, and I'll never speak for anyone else here - but I think even he is finding this kind of thing boring.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

James said

ToolUser said

This is the most ignorant post I have ever read on this entire forum. Maynard is first and foremost in our minds the lead singer of Tool, but he is also a vintner, and his wine making has nothing to do with his music making with Tool (Puscifer is another story, in my opinion, a hybrid project). Further, his wine making has nothing to do with the image or actions of Tool or the other members. Danny’s not going to call him up and go, “Hey man, don’t you think this wine tasting deal is kind of a sell-out move? It’s kind of screwing up our mysterious image,” because he has nothing to do with Caduceus Cellars or Merkin Vineyards. If you can’t differentiate between the music Tool creates, the wine Caduceus creates, and Maynard’s obligation to the two, then I really don’t know what to tell you. These guys have worked hard for their success, and personally I will wait as long as necessary to hear their work again–they can do whatever the hell they want with what they have earned, and they owe you nothing.

Or, if you have your head too far up your ass for that, remember that Maynard “sold out long before you ever even heard [his] name.”

I’m out.

Thanks for the laughs, dude.

By the way, welcome to the children and drury group. I’m sure I’m missing a few others, but I’m sure you’ll eventually rub shoulders with them.

Fucking hell.

@Crow011 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I ignored that comment from that guy (against ever fiber in my body) just for the respect of the forum and Hellboy. We shouldn't get tossed off and spiral out into an all out argument about TOOL but I do agree with you. This event has nothing to do with TOOL and TOOL has nothing to do with the event. TOOL are that collection of four people making music together and not the individuals persuing what they enjoy in their off time from TOOL. I think maybe there's a jealousy issue here because most of us can't pursue all the projects we're passionate about simply because we can't afford to... Get over it... there are sacrifices that can be made to pursue happiness and if you choose not to make the sacrifices that's on you.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@crow maybe i misunderstood what you meant in your post and you weren't the one that stated ToolUser's post was lame but whatever... whoever I need to direct my last comment at so be it. That's how I feel.