Fancy dinner with Maynard?

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Jethro Tool said
Bleach is better than opiate. Hands down.

Couldn't be more correct.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

The crowds cameras and laser pointers...not the band, crow.

Tool is an experience and that includes lights. I saw them before all that, and yes, it still kicked ass.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Totally different albums.

Its a-okay to enjoy both without categorizing value against each other. Try it, sometime.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

One is an album, the other an EP.

You guys are sharp.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

DRURY said
One is an album, the other an EP.

You guys are sharp.

Shut the fuck up, you stupid cuntstain.

They're both debuts. That was everyone's point.

And as to your argument regarding the lights and lazers and other bullshit - I've seen plenty of frontmen perform with spectacular lightshows, and not feel the need to bitch and whinge about photosensitivity.

Your defence of this fucking idiot singer borders on creepy.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

He asked the crowd at an A PERFECT CIRCLE concert in Sydney a while back to punch someone if they saw them with a camera.

Not only can this fucking idiot little bitch not handle a few flashes from a few lousy cameras from fifty meters away, he's condoning violence.

Yeah, MJK is a real hero.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

If the invite had any mention whatsoever of Tool or APC on it, I'd have a massive problem with this & label him an absolute fucking hypocrite! But looks to me like a bloke who sings in some famous bands who also happens to run a winery, who's trying to promote his wine brand. Really don''t see a problem with it. I know nothing of the wine business, but imagine things like probably aren't that out of the ordinary, for anyone trying to promote their brand?

As to the question of sound issues & Maynard standing back.. I have no doubt it's mainly to do with the bands mantra of not focusing on one individual as they'd have top line sound gear/engineers, but can also see that it could also help with their sound. When rehearsing with my band, our singer struggles to be in the right place to avoid feedback issues & a distance as little as one foot can make all the difference in the world.. 

And Hellboy, saw Puscifer side show in Sydney & he & Karina were behind the screens for about 70% of the show.. Became a bit of a distraction after a while to be honest.. 
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

crow011 said

Jethro Tool said
Bleach is better than opiate. Hands down.

Couldn't be more correct.

occasionally, the truth seeps out of this place in spades
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Standing in the back for sound reasons is totally legit. Makes a MASSIVE difference, especially when your guitarist uses three 100 watt heads on stage. 
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Sound-wise, it makes complete sense to have the singer in the back.  Having amplifiers firing directly into the mics is just asking for trouble.  He also claims to have trouble dealing with flashing lights, so there's probably many reasons why he chose to start singing in the back.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Maybe he is just scared of the troll that hides down at the front of the stage?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

ToolUser said

You mean Adam?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy1975 said

ToolUser said

You mean Adam?

Lol I was waiting for someone to say mog or something but yeah adam will do!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

crow011 said
He asked the crowd at an A PERFECT CIRCLE concert in Sydney a while back to punch someone if they saw them with a camera.

Not only can this fucking idiot little bitch not handle a few flashes from a few lousy cameras from fifty meters away, he's condoning violence.

I think he said during a podcast that he suffers from epilepsy. Not sure how true that is though. Have you ever heard that?

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

NYHC81 said

crow011 said

I think he said during a podcast that he suffers from epilepsy. Not sure how true that is though. Have you ever heard that?

Just because he "dances" like an epileptic doesn't mean he is an epileptic.

Google came up with nothing.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

crow011 said

NYHC81 said

crow011 said

Just because he "dances" like an epileptic doesn't mean he is an epileptic.

Google came up with nothing.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

...it sure has been a drag lately
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

bogie314 said
Wow - this site has turned into a huge waste of time, HB! I'm not sure when I last read some interesting news or tidbit from any of these whiny self-entitled arrogant pricks. These few arrogant bastards seem to think we all prefer their constant bad breath over no breath at all. Do us all a favor and go fuck yourselves in the ear before you come back here to spew more of your negativity. No wonder MJK hates talking about Tool, cause the fact is about 75% of the fan base consists of high as a kite douche bags who really can't think for themselves.

At least the site is still great from a latest news standpoint, so thanks as always for that.

Indeed. You dont half get some head up their own arse whingeing cunts on here...
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

And id guess maynard doesnt like talking about tool cos there is nothing to talk about!! No news still writing! 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

bogie314 said
Wow - this site has turned into a huge waste of time, HB! I'm not sure when I last read some interesting news or tidbit from any of these whiny self-entitled arrogant pricks. These few arrogant bastards seem to think we all prefer their constant bad breath over no breath at all. Do us all a favor and go fuck yourselves in the ear before you come back here to spew more of your negativity. No wonder MJK hates talking about Tool, cause the fact is about 75% of the fan base consists of high as a kite douche bags who really can't think for themselves.

At least the site is still great from a latest news standpoint, so thanks as always for that.

"Harry Manback", or whatever his name is (you know, the blue dude) got a new account.

Banhammer, imho.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

crow011 said

bogie314 said

"Harry Manback", or whatever his name is (you know, the blue dude) got a new account.

Banhammer, imho.

That was Hooker With A Penis.

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said

crow011 said

bogie314 said

Banhammer, imho.

That was Hooker With A Penis.

Ah. Absolute apologies are in order, then.

Sorry, dude.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Dear Whomever Reads,

If you lump TOOL into grunge when referencing Opiate and are comparing it to other albums released around the same time, I guess you might be able to think that it's possible for Bleach to be better than Opiate.

However, TOOL has never been anything like grunge and Opiate is basically TOOL's demo so you're comparing a full length grunge album to a TOOL EP and... you make no fucking sense at all. Nirvana was great but cannot be compared with TOOL.

Much Love,
Zwerewolf
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Adam just posted a pic of himself on Instagram signing Opiate shtuff...
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Spin it however you fancy... Bleach is still a better release... Tool is still a better band
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining