Opiate reissue to be signed?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

ToolUser said
Sorry for going off topic too but why did Paul leave?

Depends on who you ask.  I think when he first left it was due to differences in artistic direction, but I seem to remember at some point Adam said they kicked him out.  Not sure a good reason has ever been published.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

ToolUser said

Depends on who you ask.  I think when he first left it was due to differences in artistic direction, but I seem to remember at some point Adam said they kicked him out.  Not sure a good reason has ever been published.

I think Paul just lost his marbles.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

Bogart said
It will probably be around midnight ET. I'm really hoping to cop these. I wish Blair would just release the info already. Keep checking Facebook?! How about you just post it on the website already...

Blair probably doesn't know.  Tool do need to tighten up the communication between themselves and the entities that are Toolband/Blair and the Store.

I'm sure Blair will have information for us prior to the sale - we just need to be patient. I don't think they'll go on sale at midnight for what it's worth.

Definitely agree with that. Maybe Blair let a little too much slip and someone got a little ticked off. Can't believe he's still waiting for the green light to post that Adam Jones interview, that's craziness. There's more info coming from this site than the official.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

hellboy1975 said

Bogart said
It will probably be around midnight ET. I'm really hoping to cop these. I wish Blair would just release the info already. Keep checking Facebook?! How about you just post it on the website already...

Blair probably doesn't know.  Tool do need to tighten up the communication between themselves and the entities that are Toolband/Blair and the Store.

I'm sure Blair will have information for us prior to the sale - we just need to be patient. I don't think they'll go on sale at midnight for what it's worth.

If its up to Merch when they go live, well it will be any time that lazy bastard decides to do it.

I remember when the 33 Salival went up it was around 11am Melbourne time. 
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

For the sake of discussion go ahead and toss me into the autographs-have-no-value-to-me camp.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hotdog said 
If its up to Merch when they go live, well it will be any time that lazy bastard decides to do it.

I remember when the 33 Salival went up it was around 11am Melbourne time. 

And what a cluster fuck that was.  That and pretty much anything they've ever offered for sale on the old store.  The new store doesn't seem much better, but I guess we'll see.  They've never attempted anything on this scale before, so I anticipate a complete nightmare and MASSIVE bitching from all you poor saps trying hand over your dirty dollars.  

Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

They'll go onsale at 10 a.m. PST on the 28th.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

oh what a clusterfuck it will be....
go taff!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy1975 said

ToolUser said

In the all Tool issue of Revolver May Jay said that they fired him.  He added that for all those years they said he quit so that he could save face.

Hey! Denty!
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Look at the people that put no value on artwork, and you see a generation gap. Funny, because adam mentions this in his Spin interview.

These kind of people don't put value on much of anything, come to think of it.

I find an anniversary limited ed. Opiate CD with new packaging and artwork a neat thing, and don't mind paying for it. For this to be a wild position on a tool fan site is strange to me.

What does appear to be of great value, is for people to let everyone know just how dissastisfied they are with EVERYTHING the band does.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

As far as justin signing it, he has played songs off this EP live and is currently in the band TOOL, so its not really that strange for him to sign.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Ravenpig said

hellboy1975 said

ToolUser said

In the all Tool issue of Revolver May Jay said that they fired him.  He added that for all those years they said he quit so that he could save face.

If you read that site that has the listings of all their shows and the recordings of them, you can see some personality clashes with Maynard.  They both used to talk to the audience when they toured Undertow.  There's even a point where Paul says "Fuck Justin" before there was even a mention of Paul leaving.  My guess is that Paul's personality no longer meshed.  This was also around the time that Maynard started to move out of the anger zone, and Paul seemed to share that anger with him.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

There are some old school interviews on youtube where it seems pretty obvious that May Jay didn't like Paul.  As for the "fuck Justin" comment, I doubt it had anything to do with Chancellor.  He only got the job after a competition with a couple other guys, after all.  It's not like he was immediately lined up to replace Paul.

Hey! Denty!
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Ravenpig said
There are some old school interviews on youtube where it seems pretty obvious that May Jay didn't like Paul.  As for the "fuck Justin" comment, I doubt it had anything to do with Chancellor.  He only got the job after a competition with a couple other guys, after all.  It's not like he was immediately lined up to replace Paul.

You're right about the competition, but I think Justin had a huge leg up from opening for them in the UK at a few shows.  He also came on and played Sober with them while Paul presumably watched.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

phox_ said

Ravenpig said

You're right about the competition, but I think Justin had a huge leg up from opening for them in the UK at a few shows.  He also came on and played Sober with them while Paul presumably watched.

A friend of mine told me this story a long time ago, never heard it again til now.  Is this actually true?

Hey! Denty!
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Ravenpig said

phox_ said

Ravenpig said

A friend of mine told me this story a long time ago, never heard it again til now.  Is this actually true?

That's according to the recording (that sounds weird) by the guy who was there.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

In one of the early live shows I have, where Paul was still in the group, he talked and talked in between songs.  1/2 the time when I listen to that live show I think "Dude just shut up and play the songs."  Maybe the rest of 'em didn't like how much he tried to engage the crowd.  Who knows?
I like to poop naked.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Yeah, I had the same thought.  That dynamic is interesting though, kinda like how I browse the Band Management section of TalkBass.
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

Looks like I picked a good day to stop by.

So if I have this right, there will be 5 different copies @ 1000 each of the Opiate Reissue (some where between 2000-5000 signed) going on sale at the TA store on the 26TH.

I smell failure on a massive scale..

I will gladly give you my signed/sealed Lateralus Tuesday for one each of the signed Opiate reissues and a Gold Ticket.... LOL

NOT !!

@ HB, the last time Tool fans were told to be patient, we were told "Good Things" were coming.. We are still waiting..

;-}~
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ ELP - You old lurking bastard!  Nice to see you posting.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Like the avatar.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

DRURY said
I find an anniversary limited ed. Opiate CD with new packaging and artwork a neat thing, and don't mind paying for it. For this to be a wild position on a tool fan site is strange to me.

I do agree with this statement, regardless of whether or not I'm interested in this specific iteration.  I highly enjoy going through old work I've done and tweaking it or rehashing it completely.  It's not all that dissimilar to their take on the Salival Pushit rendition, except this time it's the art and not the music.  Adam's stated he wasn't entirely happy with the overall product looking back and it's his creation.  He can do whatever the fuck he likes, as he should, and if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

elp5000 said 
@ HB, the last time Tool fans were told to be patient, we were told "Good Things" were coming.. We are still waiting..

Are "Good Things" limited only to a new album?  We have a reissue coming, a tour in April (for some of us) and in theory a video coming as well.  What were you expecting?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

elp5000 said 

Are "Good Things" limited only to a new album?  We have a reissue coming, a tour in April (for some of us) and in theory a video coming as well.  What were you expecting?

This was posted as soon as I came here.  Posted 0 seconds ago.  That's never happened before.  Also 12 posts to 1000 are you excited?

Don't mow your lawn
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said

elp5000 said 

A nobber.
I like to poop naked.